2017 July California Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Post by BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 pm

YOU GUYS 7.5 HOURS

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:37 pm

It's an eternity...

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

For what its worth, I took the bar twice. The first time, I felt like a rockstar. The second time, I felt horrible and couldn't sleep each night of the exam.

Moral of the story - don't worry about how you felt because that really isn't an indicator of whether you passed. The real moral of the story, I took the bar twice and even though that period after I failed felt horrible and studying and taking it again was a special type of purgatory, it does not matter now. I am a lawyer now, no one cares that I took it twice, and even I have forgotten about the struggle I went through.

Ease up, today's wait is going to suck, try to do something to take your mind off of it. Like check out videos of the new Tesla Roadster. 1.9 seconds people. 1.9.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Raiden wrote:For what its worth, I took the bar twice. The first time, I felt like a rockstar. The second time, I felt horrible and couldn't sleep each night of the exam.

Moral of the story - don't worry about how you felt because that really isn't an indicator of whether you passed. The real moral of the story, I took the bar twice and even though that period after I failed felt horrible and studying and taking it again was a special type of purgatory, it does not matter now. I am a lawyer now, no one cares that I took it twice, and even I have forgotten about the struggle I went through.

Ease up, today's wait is going to suck, try to do something to take your mind off of it. Like check out videos of the new Tesla Roadster. 1.9 seconds people. 1.9.
Saw that. That thing is stupid fast. In the price range though, and with that speed, I hope they're considering doing something with artificial exhaust noise. I don't want a silent 1.9 0-60, do something like that movie with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James where they were engineering and selling their exhaust technology.

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 pm

PorscheFanatic wrote:
Raiden wrote:For what its worth, I took the bar twice. The first time, I felt like a rockstar. The second time, I felt horrible and couldn't sleep each night of the exam.

Saw that. That thing is stupid fast. In the price range though, and with that speed, I hope they're considering doing something with artificial exhaust noise. I don't want a silent 1.9 0-60, do something like that movie with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James where they were engineering and selling their exhaust technology.
I have a Model S, and trust me, the noise is not a problem. Instead of exhaust noise, you get this spaceship whizzing acceleration noise. In driver's seat, there is noise enough from speeding past everything outside.

But the noise thing is a bit of a personal preference thing too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Raiden wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:

I have a Model S, and trust me, the noise is not a problem. Instead of exhaust noise, you get this spaceship whizzing acceleration noise. In driver's seat, there is noise enough from speeding past everything outside.

I was under the impression that Tesla was known for, and prided themselves, on creating very airtight and quiet cabins with noise-reduction technology to eliminate outside noise?

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

I also like the crackles and pops from downshifting something that has a lot of power and sport exhaust setup, which can occur even at low speeds.

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 pm

PorscheFanatic wrote:
Raiden wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:

I was under the impression that Tesla was known for, and prided themselves, on creating very airtight and quiet cabins with noise-reduction technology to eliminate outside noise?
The cabins are farily quiet, but you can still hear noise especially when accelerating.

BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Post by BigLawSmallConfdence » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:43 pm

5 HOURS :!:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Does anyone know or have an idea if the site will allow us to check results by smartphone?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:5 HOURS :!:
Closer to 4!
goldenflash19 wrote:Does anyone know or have an idea if the site will allow us to check results by smartphone?
I don't see why not!

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:Does anyone know or have an idea if the site will allow us to check results by smartphone?

I hope so because this is my plan

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Yes, you can check by smartphone. I did so in order to get a snapshot of the pass screen.

It's really a unique time. I have been through some fairly stressful times in my life and i'm not so sure any one of them was worse than waiting for results. Failing sucked, and taking it again (while the gf started her practice) doubly sucked. But, proving myself made it somewhat worth it. Nevertheless, even if you fail all is not lost. For those of you that pass, congrats. We're all rooting for all of you guys.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CaliforniaHopeful

New

Post by CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

4 hours :!:

CaliforniaHopeful

New

Post by CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

3 :!:

CaliforniaHopeful

New

Post by CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Anyone else starting drinking before they get their results? Bad idea to numb the possible pain?

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Debating that myself

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Alt123

New

Post by Alt123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Can anyone confirm if the leading 0s on your applicant number must be entered? The badges and tickets don't include them.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Just made hotel reservations for Feb 18 CBX...sigh.

ECO_3

New

Post by ECO_3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm

4,860 seconds. No pressure.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I’m praying for you guys. Hang in there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CaliforniaHopeful

New

Post by CaliforniaHopeful » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm

I just cracked the first beer of the night.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

2,750 seconds

Spartan_Alum_12

Bronze

Post by Spartan_Alum_12 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

S0M21L

New

Post by S0M21L » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 pm

GOOD LUCK
Last edited by S0M21L on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”