2017 July California Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
maxmartin

Silver

Re: 2017 July California Bar

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Guys now CA is only a slightly harder version of UBE. Keep working on MBE you will pass for sure! I spend total 2 weeks on the essay this time around.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Passed. Shocked. Grateful.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Congrats my dudes/dudettes

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:28 pm

anyone know how to find out our mbe score?

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm

maxmartin wrote:Guys now CA is only a slightly harder version of UBE. Keep working on MBE you will pass for sure! I spend total 2 weeks on the essay this time around.
I agree with this. I studied for 2 weeks (only time off from law firm I could get), spending 10-11 days on the MBE just taking test after test (I had gotten 165 when I took NY 3 years ago so I knew if I just maintained that I would be in good shape regardless of how I performed in the written portions) and 2-3 days on the CA essays. The extent of my study for the essays was just to read and re-read the SmartBarPrep outlines, and only the high-frequency rules. I did not even write out a single essay or performance test while reviewing.

The MBE is the key.
Last edited by jman77 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 pm

t-14orbust wrote:anyone know how to find out our mbe score?
No way. If you port to another JDX, I think you can only get a range from NCBE.

buffalo_

Bronze

Post by buffalo_ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

nsv wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:Congrats to all those who passed.

Anyone seeing it show up on their admissions status page, or do they all still say "Requirement not satisfied"?
Last update was yesterday, let's you know at the very top

:idea: Oops, yup, have to utilize my reading comprehension skills. Thanks.

Incognitos

New

Post by Incognitos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Okay, I passed.

When do I get my Bar ID?
How do i make a profile on the bars page?

Help?

nervous_wreck

New

Post by nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 pm

I PASSED!

nervous no longer :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Passed. Cried. Wished for this to never happen to anyone again because ugh.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervous_wreck

New

Post by nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:Passed. Shocked. Grateful.
Im happy for you! Congrats

unitball

New

Post by unitball » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Failed for the 2nd time. I feel like crap. Congrats to all those that passed (sincerely).
Last edited by unitball on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

drawingasmile wrote:PASSED! I triple-checked the passlist to be sure lol.
I checked that shit 20 times. Thing looks shady as fuck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ineedapillow

New

Post by Ineedapillow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm

I put in my app and file numbers and it shows I passed. Also it shows on my admission status I have satisfied the bar exam requirement.
BUT my name is not on that passing list!!!!
Anyone has the same problem?

nervous_wreck

New

Post by nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:I put in my app and file numbers and it shows I passed. Also it shows on my admission status I have satisfied the bar exam requirement.
I would probably trust the the admission status more than the list but that is weird.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:I put in my app and file numbers and it shows I passed. Also it shows on my admission status I have satisfied the bar exam requirement.
What do you mean the passing list? There is no name on any passing list right now.

Ineedapillow

New

Post by Ineedapillow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:17 pm

maxmartin wrote:
What do you mean the passing list? There is no name on any passing list right now.
Moments ago when you click the result checking link it directed you to a passing list, I think someone posted it already here .

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Moments ago when you click the result checking link it directed you to a passing list, I think someone posted it already here .
There is only app No and file No on that list, no name. You mean your app No is not on that list.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 pm

There was a PDF earlier. My friend is having the same problem. It says she passed when she puts her info in, but her info isn't on the PDF. Probably a bad list.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ineedapillow

New

Post by Ineedapillow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
There is only app No and file No on that list, no name. You mean your app No is not on that list.
Yes, that's right. My app number was not on the list. But it shows I have passed by typing my file and app number. And my admission status also changed to "Requirement satisfied Passed July 2017 California Bar Examination Oath must be taken within 5 years of last day of exam"

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Are you guys on motion dated, 11/14/2017? Why they wait so late to release the result?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Yes, that's right. My app number was not on the list. But it shows I have passed by typing my file and app number. And my admission status also changed to "Requirement satisfied Passed July 2017 California Bar Examination Oath must be taken within 5 years of last day of exam"
Is your on motion date 11/14.2017? If so, I would not worry at all.

Ineedapillow

New

Post by Ineedapillow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
I would know that since I have not passed the C&F review yets

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
I would know that since I have not passed the C&F review yets
Got you. Do you have that list? They say 2XXX people have passed, check that list to see if it has that exact No. If not that means someone is missing from the list. Honestly, don't worry. YOU PASSED!

Ineedapillow

New

Post by Ineedapillow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 pm

What do you mean the passing list? There is no name on any passing list right now.[/quote]

Moments ago when you click the result checking link it directed you to a passing list, I think someone posted it already here .[/quote]
There is only app No and file No on that list, no name. You mean your app No is not on that list.[/quote]

Yes, that's right. My app number was not on the list. But it shows I have passed by typing my file and app number. And my admission status also changed to "Requirement satisfied Passed July 2017 California Bar Examination Oath must be taken within 5 years of last day of exam"[/quote]

Is your on motion date 11/14.2017? If so, I would not worry at all.[/quote]

I would know that since I have not passed the C&F review yets[/quote]
Got you. Do you have that list? They say 2XXX people have passed, check that list to see if it has that exact No. If not that means someone is missing from the list. Honestly, don't worry. YOU PASSED![/quote]

You mean 2000? The list have 26 app numbers on each page and have 165 pages!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”