ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LMMadison

New

Re: ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Post by LMMadison » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:Could the results be posted before April 1?

Ugh, I'm starting to feel sick :( How has it been a month already?!
Share this sentiment 100%. I'm expecting results Friday, 3/31 (based on past years).

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:56 am

LMMadison wrote:

Share this sentiment 100%. I'm expecting results Friday, 3/31 (based on past years).

This is what I am banking on as well. The IL Examiners will say "first two weeks of April" but historical trends have been that results are out on April 1. With April 1 being a Saturday I am thinking (again based on historical trends) that the results will come out on March 31 (next Friday).

What sucks is that there is no real method to the madness with how the results are released. There is a very real possibility that people will get results HOURS apart. For me, I happen to have a girlfriend who has taken it along with me, so obviously we are anxious for results but I can already see a scenario where she will get her results at 1pm and Ill have to wait until 5pm.

That all being said, we are in the home stretch, if March 31 turns out to be wrong they would most assuredly be coming the following week.

pdwannabe

New

Post by pdwannabe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:57 pm

where are you getting these 'historical trends' from?

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:02 pm

pdwannabe wrote:where are you getting these 'historical trends' from?
From reviewing other threads about when the results would be released and from speaking to previous IL Bar takers who had done their own diligence about when results were usually sent.

Of course this isn't a guaranteed "fact" but gives me a best guess that results will likely be some time on March 31 - could it be later? Sure. If not Friday then I would feel very confident that it ill be the following week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

LMMadison wrote:

So ill

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:40 pm

NC results just got released and they have a 44% pass rate. Just hoping it's not the multiple choice section contributing to the failures or else we're not safe in IL either. :shock:

mjr0773

New

Post by mjr0773 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Uggh on NC... however it does seem that the NC results are usually quite a bit lower from a percentages perspective that Illinois historically - so to all the IL takers - hang in there!!! :D

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 am

mjr0773 wrote:Uggh on NC... however it does seem that the NC results are usually quite a bit lower from a percentages perspective that Illinois historically - so to all the IL takers - hang in there!!! :D
True. NC has low passage rates comparitively.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MultiStateLawyer

New

Post by MultiStateLawyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 am

From past experience, it appears the first waves of E-mails go to the Passers and those who fail tend to get the e-mai a little later on the same day. Though, this is not supported by actual facts or any multiple years of proof. This was an experience in 2013/2014, whereas people were celebrating passing and those who did not pass were wondering where their e-mails were.

Nonetheless, wish y'all the best of luck in receiving the results. It is an emotional experience that is inexplicable.

PrayingToTheBarGods

New

Post by PrayingToTheBarGods » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am

So yesterday I got a message from ibab and panicked a little before opening the message. Turns out it was only a request from my processor to get in work verification for my Character and Fitness Registration. Anyone had this happen to them? Results will most likely come out tomorrow!!... Is this request any indication of passing?? Ahhh!!!!....

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

MultiStateLawyer wrote:From past experience, it appears the first waves of E-mails go to the Passers and those who fail tend to get the e-mai a little later on the same day. Though, this is not supported by actual facts or any multiple years of proof. This was an experience in 2013/2014, whereas people were celebrating passing and those who did not pass were wondering where their e-mails were.

Nonetheless, wish y'all the best of luck in receiving the results. It is an emotional experience that is inexplicable.
THis seems like some very dangerous, anxiety producing, anecdata

mjr0773

New

Post by mjr0773 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 am

I have heard c & f is completely separate from pass fail results. However the timing of this last minute cleanup item does sound optimistic. I had to go for a c & f interview a couple of weeks ago to explain a couple of items on my submission. The interviewer was great and by the time I got home I had my CF confirmation letter posted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MultiStateLawyer

New

Post by MultiStateLawyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 am

umichman wrote:
MultiStateLawyer wrote:From past experience, it appears the first waves of E-mails go to the Passers and those who fail tend to get the e-mai a little later on the same day. Though, this is not supported by actual facts or any multiple years of proof. This was an experience in 2013/2014, whereas people were celebrating passing and those who did not pass were wondering where their e-mails were.

THis seems like some very dangerous, anxiety producing, anecdata
Sorry! Wasn't the intent, just providing some personal experience -- I was on both ends of the Results spectrum... Unfortunately, I know the highs and lows of Bar Exam results and I am now awaiting results for a different jurisdiction. Again, this was 2013/2014 experience, definitely not empirical data to rely upon. Didn't mean to make the anxiety worse, was simply speaking from experience. As I said earlier, I wish everyone the best of luck in receiving results!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am

From more recent postings it appears there is no rhyme or reason to the messages posting and the likelihood for passing as in, there were people both passing/failing and receiving their notifications around the same time.

My anticipation is results will be tomorrow and likely later in the day (based on most recent results) however with fewer uploads (as this is Feb instead of July) they may be a bit earlier.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 am

mjr0773 wrote:I have heard c & f is completely separate from pass fail results. However the timing of this last minute cleanup item does sound optimistic. I had to go for a c & f interview a couple of weeks ago to explain a couple of items on my submission. The interviewer was great and by the time I got home I had my CF confirmation letter posted.
This is accurate. C&F results and bar examination results ARE separate.

That being said, I have read/heard some anecdotal evidence of individuals hearing from their processor in the week or two before results and passing - then others who didnt have a complete C&F profile complete and DIDNT hear from their processor who failed. I dont put much (if any) stock in that as an indicator of passing, but everyone is seeking some positive news so I say run with it as a positive!

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:40 am

From C&F if we got this message "We are pleased to advise that your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness. This certification is subject to withdrawal on the basis of new information or conduct engaged in prior to your admission to the bar, including the cumulative effect of such information or conduct. " does that mean we are all good for C&F? If that is the letter you are getting, I received it in November.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:46 am

umichman wrote:From C&F if we got this message "We are pleased to advise that your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness. This certification is subject to withdrawal on the basis of new information or conduct engaged in prior to your admission to the bar, including the cumulative effect of such information or conduct. " does that mean we are all good for C&F? If that is the letter you are getting, I received it in November.
Yes. Means you are good on C&F assuming things dont come up between receiving that letter and being admitted to the bar.

So avoid getting busted with blow and hookers and you should be good to go! Congrats.

nuri

New

Post by nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

Hi I received an email from my processor on March 15, after which I never heard back from her. Is that an indication that I did not pass?

mjr0773

New

Post by mjr0773 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:11 am

nuri wrote:Hi I received an email from my processor on March 15, after which I never heard back from her. Is that an indication that I did not pass?
I would not assume anything, but I would follow up on that. I heard a horror story from one person that said his admission was delayed for 6 months simply because his employer never did the C&F reference.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 am

nuri wrote:Hi I received an email from my processor on March 15, after which I never heard back from her. Is that an indication that I did not pass?
What did the processor follow-up regarding? How did you respond? It may be that the file is now complete or they are following up with the people/entities still outstanding for your application.

Do not. REPEAT. DO NOT read into this. C&F and Bar examination results are wholly separate things. Getting approved for C&F before the test (or even subsequent to the test) does not mean you will or have passed.

I anticipate results tomorrow (no promises though) so deep breath until tomorrow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nuri

New

Post by nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 am

Yea, I did follow up, it was because of something they did not receive from my law school; and they still had not received but it seemed like she did not even care that they didn't contact her, this was like a few days ago, and I have been super nervous of course, especially because there is one day left now. I just feel like she doesn't care if I submit it anymore because it wouldn't matter coz I didn't pass, I know I sound crazy!
mjr0773 wrote:
I would not assume anything, but I would follow up on that. I heard a horror story from one person that said his admission was delayed for 6 months simply because his employer never did the C&F reference.

nuri

New

Post by nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you! I hope that is true.

Actually when I was in law school my friends and I were in a residential area, the police came and took our names down. I am not from IL and when they asked me if I had anything on my record, I said that, even though it was the smallest thing in the world because I didn't realize that IL Bar will make it bigger, then they asked me just a few weeks ago if I ever told the law school and they did not see it in my application. And I called them and said, well no because I talked to a professor and they told me I did not have to report that, the processor asks me to tell the dean and so I email the dean and tell her the truth and cc the processor. I don't hear back from the dean, I call the processor and told her I have not heard back from the dean and her response, "ok."

I have talked to this processor before and she is SUPER NICE and AMAZING but her tone it threw me off so badly. Since then, bad dreams, good dreams (which I predict to be bad) and anything I can imagine to bring me down.

Sorry to rant, but I assume you all know what I feel.

ndbigdave wrote:
What did the processor follow-up regarding? How did you respond? It may be that the file is now complete or they are following up with the people/entities still outstanding for your application.

Do not. REPEAT. DO NOT read into this. C&F and Bar examination results are wholly separate things. Getting approved for C&F before the test (or even subsequent to the test) does not mean you will or have passed.

I anticipate results tomorrow (no promises though) so deep breath until tomorrow!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am

nuri wrote:Thank you! I hope that is true.

Actually when I was in law school my friends and I were in a residential area, the police came and took our names down. I am not from IL and when they asked me if I had anything on my record, I said that, even though it was the smallest thing in the world because I didn't realize that IL Bar will make it bigger, then they asked me just a few weeks ago if I ever told the law school and they did not see it in my application. And I called them and said, well no because I talked to a professor and they told me I did not have to report that, the processor asks me to tell the dean and so I email the dean and tell her the truth and cc the processor. I don't hear back from the dean, I call the processor and told her I have not heard back from the dean and her response, "ok."

I have talked to this processor before and she is SUPER NICE and AMAZING but her tone it threw me off so badly. Since then, bad dreams, good dreams (which I predict to be bad) and anything I can imagine to bring me down.

I can appreciate the anxiety. But it is true that C&F and the bar results are wholly separate. Don't read into it.

Just wait for results.

As for your situation - which sounds odd - just having the police take your name down as a witness or being somewhere isnt something to be worried about. Sadly, your attempt to be totally transparent caused an issue because the processor then looked for the same disclosure on your law school app. When the processor noticed it isn't there, there is a presumption that you didn't properly disclose during your law school application process. The real truth is that the incident didn't need to be disclosed to the school or the bar. It would be an even less serious example of the multiple times I have been pulled over for speeding but let off with a warning - its a "police contact" and my info was run, should have I reported that to my law school and bar? no. I wasn't charged with anything and didn't get a ticket. You may have to explain the discrepancy during a meeting with a C&F attorney, but that is easily understood and absolutely wont keep you from being admitted.

nuri

New

Post by nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 am

You are absolutely correct, I do not know what made me disclose that fact to them. I guess I was trying to be more safe and that was probably a very silly decision, of course a way to increase my anxiety.

And thank you for responding, I can't tell everyone on this forum how much it helps to know we are not alone and feeling the way we are at the moment.
ndbigdave wrote:
nuri wrote:Thank you! I hope that is true.

I can appreciate the anxiety. But it is true that C&F and the bar results are wholly separate. Don't read into it.

Just wait for results.

As for your situation - which sounds odd - just having the police take your name down as a witness or being somewhere isnt something to be worried about. Sadly, your attempt to be totally transparent caused an issue because the processor then looked for the same disclosure on your law school app. When the processor noticed it isn't there, there is a presumption that you didn't properly disclose during your law school application process. The real truth is that the incident didn't need to be disclosed to the school or the bar. It would be an even less serious example of the multiple times I have been pulled over for speeding but let off with a warning - its a "police contact" and my info was run, should have I reported that to my law school and bar? no. I wasn't charged with anything and didn't get a ticket. You may have to explain the discrepancy during a meeting with a C&F attorney, but that is easily understood and absolutely wont keep you from being admitted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”