ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Relcatehopefull22

New

Re: ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Post by Relcatehopefull22 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Did everyone get the email today about making sure your address is current? Does everyone get it or is that an indication that one passed? Anyone who has passed this bar in the past, have any insight?

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 pm

I got the message too. Although I would love to think this is a sign that we passed, it is most likely a system generated message for all applicants. That being said, if those who took the exam before, received such message about updating contact info, and passed could comment that would be great!

sarahbeck10

New

Post by sarahbeck10 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 pm

I got the message in February and I passed. Though I know others who got the message and did not pass. I had the same inclination while I was waiting and was sure that it was a sign but I think it actually may just be a system-automated message depending on how long ago you entered or updated your address. This could explain why some get the email and others don't.

Relcatehopefull22

New

Post by Relcatehopefull22 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Well I asked because I failed in February and didn’t get it. Now I get it.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:19 pm

I too got the message this morning around 11.

Lets hope it means something but I doubt it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:15 pm

That makes sense, I hadn’t logged into my account since the Bar. Even though I was hopeful that it meant something, thanks for sharing!

sarahbeck10 wrote:I got the message in February and I passed. Though I know others who got the message and did not pass. I had the same inclination while I was waiting and was sure that it was a sign but I think it actually may just be a system-automated message depending on how long ago you entered or updated your address. This could explain why some get the email and others don't.

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Is next Friday the rough estimate we get our scores? The moderator said first two weeks of October, but heard that we get it earlier.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:03 pm

al_decisis731 wrote:Is next Friday the rough estimate we get our scores? The moderator said first two weeks of October, but heard that we get it earlier.
I thought IL releases around the end of September (I looked at a compilation of previous release dates). God help me if I have to wait another couple of weeks.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 am

KunAgnis wrote:
al_decisis731 wrote:Is next Friday the rough estimate we get our scores? The moderator said first two weeks of October, but heard that we get it earlier.
I thought IL releases around the end of September (I looked at a compilation of previous release dates). God help me if I have to wait another couple of weeks.
I could have sworn they said 6-8 weeks. The sooner the better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:12 am

My year (2015) Illinois came out on October 1. Good luck y’all.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 am

jcwest wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:
I could have sworn they said 6-8 weeks. The sooner the better.
July 2016 was September 30 and July 2017 was September 29. I think given that trend and the fact that the number of bar examinees has decreased we should get our scores by end of September.

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Does anyone know if the scoring memo/percentiles come out on the day of results or beforehand?

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:37 pm

al_decisis731 wrote:Does anyone know if the scoring memo/percentiles come out on the day of results or beforehand?
In the past the scoring memo/percentiles appeared on the same day the results were released. I am aware of at least one year where an applicant simply changed the month/year within the scoring memo URL from the previous bar administration and the page populated. This happened the day before the results were out.

My anticipation is that the results will come out this Friday, the 28th. The backup date would be Monday the 1st.

The February results from this year caught me off guard as results are usually out on a Friday, however this past February results were released in the AM on the Monday after I thought they’d be released.

The nd is near for better or worse. My money is on Friday, but I cannot be 100% certain.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fuzzy_dunlop12

New

Post by fuzzy_dunlop12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm

I emailed my application processor yesterday. He said that we can expect the results to be posted in October, which would be next Monday. The last two years were posted on a Friday because October 1st fell on a Saturday and Sunday. The two years prior the results were released on a Thursday and Wednesday, respectively. Looks like D-Day will be Monday the 1st, folks.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm

I was never an anxious person until law school. This is worse.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:18 am

Looks like it is going to be Monday now. I have yet to see any changes on the IBAB website and it is beyond the usual time for results to be posted. I frankly think a Monday posting is a terrible psychological idea, but very little of the bar exam process is based on common sense and logic.

Legallybrunettes

New

Post by Legallybrunettes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 am

Hey everyone stressing at the potential of results today, just wanted to attempt to put you at ease... a little. I took it this February and the results had never been on a Monday before, but they did that to us anyways.... that was fun!

The initial email you get is titled "Information/documentation sent to you from Ibab (+ a ref No.)"
Don't be afraid to open this email it just tells you to login and see results at the website.

I received the email at 10:20 am, and my friend got hers around 10 am. Both of us passed, so timing has nothing to do with if you passed or not.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! Hope the waiting game ends sooner than later for you all!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pawprynt

New

Post by Pawprynt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:07 am

So I just called IBAB and merely asked the receptionist if results were coming out today (didn't give her my name or anything). She just said "No. Probably next week."

So..... cheers to a few more days of purgatory. Fingers crossed for Monday. I don't understand why they can't give us a date and time. My friends from other states knew the date and time. What a disappointment.

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:51 pm

I can’t belive that can’t even give us an exact date. This is so nerve wrecking. I couldn’t even sleep last night. I hope this all ends next week.
Pawprynt wrote:So I just called IBAB and merely asked the receptionist if results were coming out today (didn't give her my name or anything). She just said "No. Probably next week."

So..... cheers to a few more days of purgatory. Fingers crossed for Monday. I don't understand why they can't give us a date and time. My friends from other states knew the date and time. What a disappointment.

aaaaaaa

New

Post by aaaaaaa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:01 pm

https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/percent ... -july-2018

Here is the link of percentile equivalent charts, I found the Feb 2018 one and just changed it to July.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:27 pm

If I'm reading that July 2018 chart right, it looks like the passing rate is around 65%, maybe? Looks like a rough year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:46 pm

266 is the passing score, so I’d read it as somewhere in the low 70s. Worst case scenario, upper 60s. Doesn’t seem to deviate that much from last year, probably a 3% drop. Im actually surprised that it wasn’t a bigger drop since a lot of states have seen a major drop.

I’d look at the 2017 percentiles for some guidance, they are off by a few points.
KunAgnis wrote:If I'm reading that July 2018 chart right, it looks like the passing rate is around 65%, maybe? Looks like a rough year.

Transfer2016

New

Post by Transfer2016 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:22 pm

al_decisis731 wrote:266 is the passing score, so I’d read it as somewhere in the low 70s. Worst case scenario, upper 60s. Doesn’t seem to deviate that much from last year, probably a 3% drop. Im actually surprised that it wasn’t a bigger drop since a lot of states have seen a major drop.

I’d look at the 2017 percentiles for some guidance, they are off by a few points.
KunAgnis wrote:If I'm reading that July 2018 chart right, it looks like the passing rate is around 65%, maybe? Looks like a rough year.
Isn’t passing score 268 for this iteration of the test?

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Transfer2016 wrote: Isn’t passing score 268 for this iteration of the test?
It's 266. Where did you see 268?

al_decisis731

New

Post by al_decisis731 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 am

Hopefully results come out tomorrow. If so, good luck to everyone tomorrow! I know the goal is to pass, but taking the bar is an accomplishment in itself. So we should all be proud of ourselves for getting this far.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”