ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nuri

New

Re: ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Post by nuri » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:55 am

passed!

so let me clarify, C&F has nothing to do with the results!

mjr0773

New

Post by mjr0773 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 am

nuri wrote:passed!

so let me clarify, C&F has nothing to do with the results!
Passed!!! I cant stop shaking and reading the letter...
A sincere congratulations to all who passed... hang in there for those who didnt -- you will prevail!!!!

Anderson88

New

Post by Anderson88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:05 am

Congrats to the passers! I failed yet again :( Not even sure how it was possible this time, but time to change direction in my career path. I will forever be terrible at the MBE. Good luck to those still waiting!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:15 am

Anderson88 wrote:Congrats to the passers! I failed yet again :( Not even sure how it was possible this time, but time to change direction in my career path. I will forever be terrible at the MBE. Good luck to those still waiting!
Hi there-
Sorry to hear that you did not pass. (You did not fail). Its just some delay. If you don't mind sharing what are some things you did differently from first to the second and if there is anything we can all share to help, please let us know. I have not gotten my results yet so I don't know how helpful I will be, but if you need some pdf files or notes for the next exam, I would be more than happy to share it with you.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

Was going to leave for work and got the email. I decided to open it and I failed.

Turned right back around and emailed that I'm working from home. Got back in the bed and just laid there.

Now telling you all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

Congratulations to everyone. I wish I was among you.

Anoni-mous

New

Post by Anoni-mous » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:37 am

Passed. Thank the heavens.

thewait17

New

Post by thewait17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am

Passed. To everyone who were not as fortunate, DO NOT give up. You can do this.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:42 am

I PASSED THE FREAKIN BAR! This was my 4th and final try, guys. I even said yesterday if I don't pass, I'm done with IL for good.

To those who failed: PLEASE do not give up. Trust me, after receiving 3 "We regret to inform you" letters, finally getting the "Congratulations!" letter was an experience I'll remember for the rest of my life.

I'm happy to help those who failed in any way I can. Here to chat, offer study materials, offer encouragement. If I did it, you definitely can.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am

virgoyum wrote:Congratulations to everyone. I wish I was among you.

Hey virgoyum, I was looking for your post. Sorry to hear that you did not pass. As I said above, if there is anything we can do to help you pass the next exam, let us know. I'd be happy to share what I have. (although I have not passed yet).

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 am

For those that passed, can you please disclose your study methods and your midterm scores? PLEASSEEE

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:52 am

lawst_ wrote:I PASSED THE FREAKIN BAR! This was my 4th and final try, guys. I even said yesterday if I don't pass, I'm done with IL for good.

To those who failed: PLEASE do not give up. Trust me, after receiving 3 "We regret to inform you" letters, finally getting the "Congratulations!" letter was an experience I'll remember for the rest of my life.

I'm happy to help those who failed in any way I can. Here to chat, offer study materials, offer encouragement. If I did it, you definitely can.
I may take you up on that. Congratulations.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:54 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Congratulations to everyone. I wish I was among you.

Hey virgoyum, I was looking for your post. Sorry to hear that you did not pass. As I said above, if there is anything we can do to help you pass the next exam, let us know. I'd be happy to share what I have. (although I have not passed yet).
Yeah it blows. I did not want to have to take it a 3rd time. I may have to just start now because I can't quit my job to take this exam. Maybe I need to go to a company that will either give more time off or encourage working remotely more often.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:01 am

virgoyum wrote:
lawst_ wrote:I PASSED THE FREAKIN BAR! This was my 4th and final try, guys. I even said yesterday if I don't pass, I'm done with IL for good.

Thank you! And please do. I didn't think I could gather the strength to take this damn thing 4 times but it is so very worth it in the end.

Adaptibar saved my life, FWIW.

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 am

happyhour1122 wrote:For those that passed, can you please disclose your study methods and your midterm scores? PLEASSEEE
I used Ameribar. And the Emanuel strategies and tactics book which was super helpful. Used StudySmart MEE for memorizing rules for the essays. Still have all the materials if anyone wants them.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 am

lawst_ wrote:
virgoyum wrote:

Thank you! And please do. I didn't think I could gather the strength to take this damn thing 4 times but it is so very worth it in the end.

I did Barbri twice and I think I might be better off creating my own schedule and format or switching to something else. I'll look into adaptibar. If you don't mind me asking what program did you use the other times?

thewait17

New

Post by thewait17 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 am

virgoyum wrote:Was going to leave for work and got the email. I decided to open it and I failed.

Turned right back around and emailed that I'm working from home. Got back in the bed and just laid there.

Now telling you all.
Do not give up! You CAN do this, and you will. Feel what you need to feel for a few days. After that, get right back at it and conquer that exam once and for all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gboston87

New

Post by gboston87 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 am

virgoyum wrote:Was going to leave for work and got the email. I decided to open it and I failed.

Now telling you all.
Virgoyum,

Really sorry to hear that, but like the other posters already said, don't give up.

I'm sure you've posted this already, but would you mind stating what you got on the last Barbri Sim Exam?

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am

virgoyum wrote:
I did Barbri twice and I think I might be better off creating my own schedule and format or switching to something else. I'll look into adaptibar. If you don't mind me asking what program did you use the other times?
FWIW, I felt much more confident using Kaplan in July 2014 than I did using Barbri in February 2017. Kaplan provided far more MBE questions and, what I felt, a better dissection of answers. Barbri seemed to focus a lot on nuance and "B is correct but A is more correct because of summer solstice."

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:16 am

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

Anderson88

New

Post by Anderson88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:30 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
Anderson88 wrote:Congrats to the passers! I failed yet again :( Not even sure how it was possible this time, but time to change direction in my career path. I will forever be terrible at the MBE. Good luck to those still waiting!
Hi there-
Sorry to hear that you did not pass. (You did not fail). Its just some delay. If you don't mind sharing what are some things you did differently from first to the second and if there is anything we can all share to help, please let us know. I have not gotten my results yet so I don't know how helpful I will be, but if you need some pdf files or notes for the next exam, I would be more than happy to share it with you.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

I used Themis for my previous attempts and liked the materials but felt that I needed something different this time. I knew the MBE was my downfall. So this go around I used the Themis outline books that I still had, practice MEE's from different state's bar websites, Critical Pass cards, an Emanuel's MBE book & Adaptibar. I thought Adaptibar was great & my practice scores greatly improved. I felt confident during and after the exam this time, so I am pretty stunned to have not passed...very interested to see my scores.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anderson88

New

Post by Anderson88 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

Now telling you all.
I feel your pain, I'm sorry.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:33 am

HiOCEAN wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:For those that passed, can you please disclose your study methods and your midterm scores? PLEASSEEE
I used Ameribar. And the Emanuel strategies and tactics book which was super helpful. Used StudySmart MEE for memorizing rules for the essays. Still have all the materials if anyone wants them.

Is studysmart MEE a book or pdf? would you share it with me please?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:35 am

So far, it looks like many people used Adaptibar and Emanuel in their studies rather than pure Barbri.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am

virgoyum wrote:
lawst_ wrote:
virgoyum wrote:

I recommend self-study if you can be dedicated to it. I used barbri the first and second times, knew the program wasn't for me but "drank the kool-aid" as everyone else does. My friends gave me Kaplan and Ameribar books for the third and fourth time, respectively. I liked Kaplan's MBE questions, didn't like their outlines. I didn't like Ameribar's outlines, but they use all licensed questions which was EXTREMELY helpful for me.

Also Emmanuel's is great too. Both the questions and the tips and tricks for each MBE topic.

So basically self study for me, main materials I used: Barbri CMR outlines, Kaplan MBE, Ameribar MBE, Adaptibar MBE, Emmanuel's MBE/tips and tricks, and Critical Pass flash cards. I liked Barbri's practice essays, though my one issue with them is the model essays are WAYYYY too detailed to be real bar answers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”