ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
virgoyum

Bronze

Re: ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Post by virgoyum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:18 am

Has anyone gotten their score report if they didn't pass. Still waiting on mine.

Anoni-mous

New

Post by Anoni-mous » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:25 am

virgoyum wrote:Has anyone gotten their score report if they didn't pass. Still waiting on mine.

Only because I'm curious, can you guys share numbers if you're comfortable? Amount of practice mbe/study time in weeks - actual score.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Has anyone gotten their score report if they didn't pass. Still waiting on mine.

Only because I'm curious, can you guys share numbers if you're comfortable? Amount of practice mbe/study time in weeks - actual score.
Still haven't received anything. I wonder if it has anything to do with having in outstanding reference...

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:

Failed by TWO POINTS!! Studied for 14 weeks:
First 4 Weeks: 25 hours per
Following 6 Weeks: 40 Hours per
Final 4 Weeks: 50+ Hours Per

Scored 125 Raw with Themis, did over 1800 MBE PQ's, and completed 97.5% of the course.

Actual MBE: 131.8; Total Scaled: 264

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

Scored 125 Raw with Themis, did over 1800 MBE PQ's, and completed 97.5% of the course.

Your MBE is not bad at all. How much does MBE count in IL bar?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

50%

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 pm

What did work say?

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Blackhawks_Fan wrote:What did work say?

They told me to wait in my office, and they would talk to me in the afternoon. When the score report came in, I gave it to one of the partners and he said they would talk about it, and get with me tomorrow morning. So... I have no idea…???

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

50%
Two points are so close. Probably one MBE question will make the difference. You will pass next time for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Steve2207 wrote:

They told me to wait in my office, and they would talk to me in the afternoon. When the score report came in, I gave it to one of the partners and he said they would talk about it, and get with me tomorrow morning. So... I have no idea…???
I can't imagine they wouldn't let you sit the July exam, especially seeing how (sickingly) close you were ...
Can you let us know.

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Anyone else have their MBE score and is willing to share their practice MBE score vs. actual? Curious to know what the new scale conversion is like.

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

shaq23 wrote:Anyone else have their MBE score and is willing to share their practice MBE score vs. actual? Curious to know what the new scale conversion is like.
July: 87 barbri midterm; 138 actual scaled (just barely didn't pass overall)
Feb: 115ish Barbri midterm; passed

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 am

Steve2207 wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

This is so f...en close. Any chance of appeal?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anoni-mous

New

Post by Anoni-mous » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:46 pm

I passed and my MBE practice scores were 61% over 1745 practice questions and 54% over 400 simulated.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Blackhawks_Fan wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:

I can't imagine they wouldn't let you sit the July exam, especially seeing how (sickingly) close you were ...
Can you let us know.

I sent in a request for my MBE scantron to be hand-graded. The firm says they will keep me on for the next 2 weeks to see if a miracle happens and those results get changed. After that, they are letting me go, but they implied that they would bring me back on if I can make it next time. I don’t really expect for the NCBE to find any errors in the grading, but its worth a shot anyway. I am currently looking into Barbri, and trying to get a bar loan even though that appears to be a long shot as well due to how long its been since I graduated.

If anyone happens to have the Barbri lecture handouts with the answers filled in I would be eternally in your debt if you wouldn’t mind sharing them!

calisunshine88

New

Post by calisunshine88 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 am

I came within an MBE question or two of passing as well. Did you contact NCBE directly or is it somewhere on the website?

Thanks.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 pm

calisunshine88 wrote:I came within an MBE question or two of passing as well. Did you contact NCBE directly or is it somewhere on the website?

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, I haven’t logged in for a while. I contacted IBAB directly and they forwarded my request to the NCBE. It was all for nothing though, the results came back the same.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PrayingToTheBarGods

New

Post by PrayingToTheBarGods » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:41 am

Any passers thinking of getting a score transfer? I'm thinking of ordering an 'advisory report' just to gauge where my scores fell. Anyone did that/plan to do that?

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
calisunshine88 wrote:I came within an MBE question or two of passing as well. Did you contact NCBE directly or is it somewhere on the website?

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, I haven’t logged in for a while. I contacted IBAB directly and they forwarded my request to the NCBE. It was all for nothing though, the results came back the same.
Hope you've had a better week ...
Take it you'll sit in July?

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:Any passers thinking of getting a score transfer? I'm thinking of ordering an 'advisory report' just to gauge where my scores fell. Anyone did that/plan to do that?
I'm definitely curious. Do you have a sense of what data poins the IL NCBE report includes? I feel like they have to provide more information than just whether you cleared another state's MBE threshold. How much you cleared the threshold is almost as important in calibrating chances of transferring elsewhere (assuming your new state forces you to take their state-specific essays as well).

PrayingToTheBarGods

New

Post by PrayingToTheBarGods » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm

LMMadison wrote:
PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:Any passers thinking of getting a score transfer? I'm thinking of ordering an 'advisory report' just to gauge where my scores fell. Anyone did that/plan to do that?
I'm definitely curious. Do you have a sense of what data poins the IL NCBE report includes? I feel like they have to provide more information than just whether you cleared another state's MBE threshold. How much you cleared the threshold is almost as important in calibrating chances of transferring elsewhere (assuming your new state forces you to take their state-specific essays as well).
Well I ended up ordering an advisory report for DC and Minnesota. They won't tell me much, but its the only way I will know if I got between 133-145 scaled score. Lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mjr0773

New

Post by mjr0773 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am

How does one go about ordering an advisory report ?

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Hey guys, how long after paying for your license did you get your letter regarding the ceremony?

I paid for my license ~2 weeks ago but still haven't received the letter. I can't attend the ceremony because I'll be traveling, but I'd still like to have it. Plus I'm hoping it has a little more information for swearing in if you can't attend the ceremony.

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:24 pm

lawst_ wrote:Hey guys, how long after paying for your license did you get your letter regarding the ceremony?

I paid for my license ~2 weeks ago but still haven't received the letter. I can't attend the ceremony because I'll be traveling, but I'd still like to have it. Plus I'm hoping it has a little more information for swearing in if you can't attend the ceremony.
I had an issue with this.

Apparently, once you pass, the Board sends a certification that you passed (i) the IL exam and (ii) IL C&F to the Clerks office. Upon receipt of the certification, the Clerks office sends out letters with ceremony information. The letter arrives as a PDF email attachments. It's tailored to you (giving you your assigned ceremony time, if you're in Chicago), but the letter doesn't address you by name personally.

I never received the email, so had to call the Clerk's office and have them re-send the email. Paid the day after results were released (a Sat), initial emails went out the next Wed (which I didn't receive), followed up Friday, they re-sent me a copy by email the following Tuesday.

If you're in a similar position, I wouldn't hesitate to call/email the Clerk's office to clear this up. Worth the 15 minutes for peace of mind alone.

lawst_

New

Post by lawst_ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:30 pm

LMMadison wrote:
lawst_ wrote:Hey guys, how long after paying for your license did you get your letter regarding the ceremony?

I had an issue with this.

Apparently, once you pass, the Board sends a certification that you passed (i) the IL exam and (ii) IL C&F to the Clerks office. Upon receipt of the certification, the Clerks office sends out letters with ceremony information. The letter arrives as a PDF email attachments. It's tailored to you (giving you your assigned ceremony time, if you're in Chicago), but the letter doesn't address you by name personally.

I never received the email, so had to call the Clerk's office and have them re-send the email. Paid the day after results were released (a Sat), initial emails went out the next Wed (which I didn't receive), followed up Friday, they re-sent me a copy by email the following Tuesday.

If you're in a similar position, I wouldn't hesitate to call/email the Clerk's office to clear this up. Worth the 15 minutes for peace of mind alone.
Oh! So it's an email, not a physical letter? This helps. I'm going to call over there this afternoon. Naturally, I'm having a heart attack that something out of the ordinary happened...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”