What did you pay for Themis Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

New

What did you pay for Themis

Post by avatarz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm pretty sure I want to use Themis for the July 2017 DC UBE Bar.

Right now I'm being told the "lowest" price is going to be $1245 (this is the $1995 -$500 public interest -$250 sale). I'm fairly sure based on my research that it gets lower as we get into April. But I was hoping for some affirmation to hold out further.

Have people paid lower than this? How have they gotten that lower price? When you negotiate in April - do you simply say this is what I'm willing to pay?

I have a counter offer from Kaplan right now at $1300. I haven't even bothered talking to Barbari. I'm a night student, looking for max flexibility and do not care about "live" offerings. In the end I only care about price, Kaplan and Themis feel fairly similar to me and I imagine they'll both do the job just fine.

cho8583

New

Re: What did you pay for Themis

Post by cho8583 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:54 pm

I took Themis with Public Interest tuition, which was $1195 as of last year. Also, I do know PI tuition cannot combined with other discount, so once you get the PI, you cannot get any other discount stacked up with it. I see this year's PI tuition is $1295, so I think it is the lowest $ from Themis you can get unless you get the other discount, but I highly doubt that they will offer lower tuition than PI.

PM me if you need more info.

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 pm

I paid $1195 in September 2015 for July 2016. After October 1, 2015 the price went up to $1295. Whatever it's at now is the lowest it will get (although I don't know anything about negotiating with Themis so maybe you'll be able to get it lower).

I recommend Themis > Kaplan based on comparing with friends' experiences.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New

Post by avatarz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 am

Bumping this up - seeing if anyone has negotiated recently for under their $1295 PI interest price (which is what Kaplan is offering)

Thanks!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 am

I paid $1195 w/ Themis PI discount

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 pm

My question to all of you is this - where is the danger in waiting till the last second? I find that a lot of lawyer/law student types are the excessive worriers that think they have to lock something up soon.

Yes, prices could always potentially go up. However, none of these providers will likely "fill up" to the extent that they can't squeeze another seat/ship another set of books to you and, if anything, its to their benefit to let you in at the last second if you're still uncommitted for whatever you're willing to pay.

I paid my provider $600 the week before it started.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Nebby wrote:I paid $1195 w/ Themis PI discount
I paid this but it wasn't a PI discount, they just said that was their lowest price if I paid in full and it would only go up so I did it.

No idea if you can negotiate it lower or if you can get it lower by waiting.

New

Post by avatarz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:42 pm

LockBox wrote:My question to all of you is this - where is the danger in waiting till the last second? I find that a lot of lawyer/law student types are the excessive worriers that think they have to lock something up soon.

Yes, prices could always potentially go up. However, none of these providers will likely "fill up" to the extent that they can't squeeze another seat/ship another set of books to you and, if anything, its to their benefit to let you in at the last second if you're still uncommitted for whatever you're willing to pay.

I paid my provider $600 the week before it started.
I'm sure it'll be fine if I wait - though I want to start Themis a week or so after I finish finals (so late April) because I like to pace myself - its self study anyhow so I don't need to wait for classes to start per say.

Who did you pay $600 and when?

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 am

I paid 1225

metalgeek

New

Post by metalgeek » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 am

I paid $1,095. Though I got the PI rate and then told them that I had given like a $200 deposit to Barbri (which was true) and they then credited me the $200 to get it to $1,095.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”