February 2017 GA Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dchunny614

New

February 2017 GA Bar

Post by dchunny614 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 am

Anyone else currently studying for GA for next month?

I've been out of law school for 2.5 years and this is my first bar exam. I'm using Kaplan and Adaptibar. Also have Lean Sheets and Critical Pass. So far I'm doing OK on the multiple choice with room to grow, but I'm confident I will improve. These essays are killing me though. In the 50% of times when I can actually spot the issue, I have no idea how to state the rule.

How are you guys doing? Any ideas or thoughts on how to help? Thanks!

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: February 2017 GA Bar

Post by Mr. Archer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

I took the June 2015 GA bar. I think Critical Pass is extremely helpful. Lean Sheets are better for quick reviews at the end of the course. For essays, make sure you do the assigned Kaplan ones, but I would supplement by just reading prompts and then writing down the issues/rules without actually writing out full answers. Essays get easier once you are more familiar with the rules. GA civil procedure is a hot topic. I would put a little more focus on it than Kaplan might suggest.

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:36 am

Mr. Archer wrote:I took the June 2015 GA bar. I think Critical Pass is extremely helpful. Lean Sheets are better for quick reviews at the end of the course. For essays, make sure you do the assigned Kaplan ones, but I would supplement by just reading prompts and then writing down the issues/rules without actually writing out full answers. Essays get easier once you are more familiar with the rules. GA civil procedure is a hot topic. I would put a little more focus on it than Kaplan might suggest.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the info :D

Acejjg

New

Post by Acejjg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:17 am

I'm studying for Georgia too. Anyone have any essay predictions? And what's up with commercial paper? Do you think Georgia is going to follow the trend and get rid of it? Ke sigh.

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Acejjg wrote:I'm studying for Georgia too. Anyone have any essay predictions? And what's up with commercial paper? Do you think Georgia is going to follow the trend and get rid of it? Ke sigh.
I have nothing on essay predictions. As far as CP, I hope it's not tested. As someone who has worked in banking and foreclosure for the last 8 years it baffles me that I cannot understand this topic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckchill

New

Post by chuckchill » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm studying for Feb 17 Ga Bar as well. Been a brutal process... Anyone using Barbri for prep? These essays are beyond unpredictable. Also, what have you guys been doing to prepare for the MPT portion?

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 am

I'm using Kaplan. They did entire lessons for both objective and persuasive MPT writing. I had a practice one last week that I didn't finish because it was really annoying to try to look at the file and library for reference on the computer while also typing my response. I'm going to print out the materials and go back and complete it. For those, if you're a decent writer I feel like your biggest thing to overcome is timing.

Did you do a midterm MBE for Barbri? I did my Kaplan midterm Monday. Right now my goal is to keep improving my MBE score and getting these rule statements down for the essays. Idk how people remember ALL this stuff. I read some of the sample essay responses and try to figure out how people are remembering elements, case names, and statute names and numbers. Lol..

deceptivelyblonde

New

Post by deceptivelyblonde » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Since you all took the George Bar, do you know when the results are supposed to come out? They supposedly told you at the test, but I can't find any info online. :)

**DeceptivelyBlonde

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:47 pm

I don't mean to bump this thread while you all are waiting on results, but I have some questions about the GA C&F process.

They finally started on my investigation after sitting on it for a few months. I'm hoping this thing gets wrapped up so I can register for the July bar in time to avoid a late fee. Anyway, does anyone know if they actually email ALL of your former supervisors and references? I ask because some of my references/employers have said they've gotten emails asking them to fill something out, and some swear they haven't...they've checked spam folders, doublechecked the trash, etc. I'm wondering if GA doesn't actually contact everyone, or if they do it in waves, or if something is messed up. I've also confirmed that all the emails I entered are in fact correct...no typos.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:53 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:I don't mean to bump this thread while you all are waiting on results, but I have some questions about the GA C&F process.

They finally started on my investigation after sitting on it for a few months. I'm hoping this thing gets wrapped up so I can register for the July bar in time to avoid a late fee. Anyway, does anyone know if they actually email ALL of your former supervisors and references? I ask because some of my references/employers have said they've gotten emails asking them to fill something out, and some swear they haven't...they've checked spam folders, doublechecked the trash, etc. I'm wondering if GA doesn't actually contact everyone, or if they do it in waves, or if something is messed up. I've also confirmed that all the emails I entered are in fact correct...no typos.
Also awaiting approval for July CF. No answers to your questions, just commiseration. The process seems very inefficient.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 am

My friend took the exam on a probation condition. Even if not approved you all should be fine.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:I don't mean to bump this thread while you all are waiting on results, but I have some questions about the GA C&F process.

Also awaiting approval for July CF. No answers to your questions, just commiseration. The process seems very inefficient.
Yeah, trying to find the happy medium between staying on top of it and bothering my analyst.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

deceptivelyblonde wrote:Since you all took the George Bar, do you know when the results are supposed to come out? They supposedly told you at the test, but I can't find any info online. :)

**DeceptivelyBlonde
May 19th!
TheSpanishMain wrote:They finally started on my investigation after sitting on it for a few months. I'm hoping this thing gets wrapped up so I can register for the July bar in time to avoid a late fee.
When did you start C&F? You have until June 7 until the standard July registration closes.

I submitted C&F in October and have been told that all my supervisors and references submitted the forms. They also informed me a few weeks ago that a higher-up person at the Bar has started the next stage of the review process.

Your analysts should update you if you ask.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm

JXander wrote:
I submitted C&F in October and have been told that all my supervisors and references submitted the forms. They also informed me a few weeks ago that a higher-up person at the Bar has started the next stage of the review process.

I submitted in December, but it wasn't assigned to an analyst until mid-March. I checked in with my analyst, and he/she said that "most" of my reference had responded.

There's a second stage of analyst? Or is the next stage of the process where someone actually issues your Certificate of Fitness?

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:08 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
JXander wrote:

I submitted in December, but it wasn't assigned to an analyst until mid-March. I checked in with my analyst, and he/she said that "most" of my reference had responded.

There's a second stage of analyst? Or is the next stage of the process where someone actually issues your Certificate of Fitness?
A "supervisor" is supposedly reviewing my file. I may receive an update within the next "45 days."

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:33 pm

deceptivelyblonde wrote:Since you all took the George Bar, do you know when the results are supposed to come out? They supposedly told you at the test, but I can't find any info online. :)

**DeceptivelyBlonde
May 19th

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 am

Received my Fitness Certification last week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 am

GA....I hope they grade properly this time!

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 am

Should we be concerned about the MBE's national historic low right now? These reports from other jurisdictions are disheartening.

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 pm

I am losing it. Tomorrow is the day!

shawty18ga

Bronze

Post by shawty18ga » Fri May 19, 2017 12:13 pm

It's up. Passed

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Fri May 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Passed. 159 MBE...wow. Still in shock.

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Passed!! 155 on the MBE.. I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”