DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
PunkWonkMike

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by PunkWonkMike » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:33 pm

KOPBF wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:Does anyone know how we are gonna submit essays on Exam4? Are we going to have wifi?
Everyone will have a USB drive to save the MPTs and MEEs answers. Good luck!
Do we supply our own USB drive? The admissions card letter didn't mention the USB drive.

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Well... at least it's done?

Congrats on finishing, everyone. I have a feeling I'll be in a PTSD haze for awhile.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Hey does anyone have an email or number for the admissions committee? They haven't accepted some parts of my application yet and I need to call. THANKS!

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Would anyone in the DC area want to sell/give away their UBE DC bar material?

Please PM me. Thank you.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am

Hi fellow DC bar takers,

Anyone got some updates to share? So far, I've got some question for my C&F application to clarify things, and that's about it.

I emailed them just now to ask when they would release the result, so i will get back to you as soon as I get the reply.. I mean, the deadline for July bar is May 3, so it should be out before then, not like last year when they released the result like mid may. I'm pretty sure I failed, but just want to know the fact so that I can set my mind for the July.. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TimothyJohn

New

Post by TimothyJohn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

cho8583 wrote:Hi fellow DC bar takers,

Anyone got some updates to share? So far, I've got some question for my C&F application to clarify things, and that's about it.

I emailed them just now to ask when they would release the result, so i will get back to you as soon as I get the reply.. I mean, the deadline for July bar is May 3, so it should be out before then, not like last year when they released the result like mid may. I'm pretty sure I failed, but just want to know the fact so that I can set my mind for the July.. :cry:
Did you hear back anything? Anyone have any idea when we will hear from DC?

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:11 pm

TimothyJohn wrote:Did you hear back anything? Anyone have any idea when we will hear from DC?
I emailed them back since they didnt mention the release date, and their awesome response was:
"Please just keep check the website. We do not have a release date yet."

rr82

New

Post by rr82 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:22 pm

I recall reading DC does not conduct character and fitness investigations unless you have passed. Any truth to this?

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 pm

rr82 wrote:I recall reading DC does not conduct character and fitness investigations unless you have passed. Any truth to this?
I don't think that's true. Before the results came out, NCBE contacted my employers for reference.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rr82

New

Post by rr82 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
rr82 wrote:I recall reading DC does not conduct character and fitness investigations unless you have passed. Any truth to this?
I don't think that's true. Before the results came out, NCBE contacted my employers for reference.
So you didn't pass that time?

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Alright team, how's everyone doing? I'm starting to get that antsy, refresh-page mentality and trying to let it go and stay relaxed. So I thought I'd commiserate with y'all. :lol:

History (https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/w ... -released/) says results will be released over the next three weeks, with a trend towards next week or the week after. Given the huge influx of takers and the UBE, though, who knows. July 2016's admin (large number of takers, first time UBE) released the latest in awhile -- about two weeks after they released the year before! :shock:

Washington DC Bar Exam Results Release Dates for the Past Six Years:
•February 2016: Friday, May 6 (44% pass rate) (142/324 takers)
•February 2015: Friday, May 1 (37 % pass rate) (102/271 takers)
•February 2014: Thursday, May 8 (47% pass rate) (132/280 takers)
•February 2013: Wednesday, May 1 (46% pass rate) (105/229 takers)
•February 2012: Wednesday, April 25 (46% pass rate) (110/237 takers)
•February 2011: Wednesday, April 27 (48% pass rate) (100/210 takers)

Good luck to those of us waiting (and to the DC Bar Committee for handling all of our craziness).

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 pm

DisCo wrote:Alright team, how's everyone doing? I'm starting to get that antsy, refresh-page mentality and trying to let it go and stay relaxed. So I thought I'd commiserate with y'all. :lol:

History (https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/w ... -released/) says results will be released over the next three weeks, with a trend towards next week or the week after. Given the huge influx of takers and the UBE, though, who knows. July 2016's admin (large number of takers, first time UBE) released the latest in awhile -- about two weeks after they released the year before! :shock:

Good luck to those of us waiting (and to the DC Bar Committee for handling all of our craziness).
Hey, feeling the same thing here..

After I got that one sentence reply saying I gotta check their website everyday instead of knowing the release date, I just realized that the deadline for July is May 3. I thought it is possible for them to release the result even after the deadline, so emailed them asking whether those applicants who are waiting for the feb result could get some extension for July application, and are waived for the late-application fee.

Again there answer was devastating: We all have to submit and paid July application before the deadline and no late-fee will be waived. I emailed them again how absurd it would be for those possible retakers like me to apply for the next exam without knowing their result. I will let you know here if I get any reply on that.

Further, their new online application system is a mass. According to their instruction, it says: "... who have taken the D.C. bar exam within the past 25 months may file a copy of previously submitted Law School Certifications, transcript(s), or course descriptions with this application." So I assumed we dont really have to get all those docs again for the application. However, apparently, their new online application wont allow me to proceed unless I post the scan of docs all over again.

I emailed and asked about this, and they again told me to submit all those documents despite of the fact that I already submitted all those doc and took the feb bar. Now I have only a week to get those documents ready from school and so on. Maybe I should be glad that at least I dont have to do C&F thing again for this.

If you guys reached them or some info to share regarding those problems, please post it here so we get be in the same page. There were some of people PMed me, but as I told them, it would be better to continue the conversation here in the thread for other ppl's benefit.

Man, I dont know how DC bar people works. They are not even a big state to begin with, but they do much worse then them.

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm

cho8583 wrote:
DisCo wrote:Alright team, how's everyone doing? I'm starting to get that antsy, refresh-page mentality and trying to let it go and stay relaxed. So I thought I'd commiserate with y'all. :lol:

Hey, feeling the same thing here..

After I got that one sentence reply saying I gotta check their website everyday instead of knowing the release date, I just realized that the deadline for July is May 3. I thought it is possible for them to release the result even after the deadline, so emailed them asking whether those applicants who are waiting for the feb result could get some extension for July application, and are waived for the late-application fee.

Again there answer was devastating: We all have to submit and paid July application before the deadline and no late-fee will be waived. I emailed them again how absurd it would be for those possible retakers like me to apply for the next exam without knowing their result. I will let you know here if I get any reply on that.

Further, their new online application system is a mass. According to their instruction, it says: "... who have taken the D.C. bar exam within the past 25 months may file a copy of previously submitted Law School Certifications, transcript(s), or course descriptions with this application." So I assumed we dont really have to get all those docs again for the application. However, apparently, their new online application wont allow me to proceed unless I post the scan of docs all over again.

I emailed and asked about this, and they again told me to submit all those documents despite of the fact that I already submitted all those doc and took the feb bar. Now I have only a week to get those documents ready from school and so on. Maybe I should be glad that at least I dont have to do C&F thing again for this.

If you guys reached them or some info to share regarding those problems, please post it here so we get be in the same page. There were some of people PMed me, but as I told them, it would be better to continue the conversation here in the thread for other ppl's benefit.

Man, I dont know how DC bar people works. They are not even a big state to begin with, but they do much worse then them.
Oh wow. I mean, common sense indicates most if not all people won't consider reapplying for the J17 admin until after they find out their fate over the next 3 weeks. If DC doesn't allow them to reapply after the deadline, then they'll definitely hear from one heckuva lot of angry people after results come out. I know other states allow a special deadline for candidates reapplying. I guess they didn't really have this issue for F17 admin because J16 results came out in November and applications for F17 weren't due until December.

Or, if the response from DC Bar was accurate that all takers (incl. retakers) must submit a J17 app by May 3, then perhaps they're expecting time for retakers to finish their J17 apps and this hints at an earlier score release (such as this week)? :shock: #conspiracytheories

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Also... I feel a bit for the DC Bar. They're going through a lot of growing pains, and they're really nice people, so no use getting too angry or frustrated with them during these first two test administrations (J16 does sound like it was particularly rough, though).

^^^building good karma with the DC Bar even though everything is anon. :mrgreen:

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am

The committee of admissions website currently says it's down for maintenance...fingers crossed!

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 am

No_name wrote:The committee of admissions website currently says it's down for maintenance...fingers crossed!
Hmm, it's still working for me. http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/appell ... e/main.jsf

Not to make everyone flip their sh*t (famous last words), but I heard from a good source (though still technically hearsay) that there was a problem with the grading of our exams and so our results may be significantly delayed. Has anyone else heard something like this? Really just trying to gather info here and not meaning to upset anyone or spread a rumor. :| :?

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 pm

DisCo wrote:
No_name wrote:The committee of admissions website currently says it's down for maintenance...fingers crossed!
Hmm, it's still working for me. http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/appell ... e/main.jsf

Not to make everyone flip their sh*t (famous last words), but I heard from a good source (though still technically hearsay) that there was a problem with the grading of our exams and so our results may be significantly delayed. Has anyone else heard something like this? Really just trying to gather info here and not meaning to upset anyone or spread a rumor. :| :?
Not taking D.C., but this caught my attention, for obvious reasons. Care to expand on this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 pm

DisCo wrote:

Yeah, nothing really changed.. lol.

Where is the rumor coming from tho? So far, no reply from my last email asking about the late application fee :?

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

favrefire4 wrote:
DisCo wrote:

Not taking D.C., but this caught my attention, for obvious reasons. Care to expand on this?
cho8583 wrote:
DisCo wrote:

Yeah, nothing really changed.. lol.

Where is the rumor coming from tho? So far, no reply from my last email asking about the late application fee :?
Want to preserve anonymity and all so don't want to get too specific, but it was from close enough contact with the DC AdComm that it made me concerned. If it's true, I'd hope they'd at least post an official notice of a delay (if it's significant) so we can plan.

No one should get worked up about this unless/until we hear confirmations from others.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 pm

DisCo wrote: Want to preserve anonymity and all so don't want to get too specific, but it was from close enough contact with the DC AdComm that it made me concerned. If it's true, I'd hope they'd at least post an official notice of a delay (if it's significant) so we can plan.

No one should get worked up about this unless/until we hear confirmations from others.
Well, ok please keep us updated about that story if you have further info :(

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Mon May 01, 2017 10:55 am

This blog post says that:

"We heard last time that if you only took the essay portion of the bar exam, that your name was not posted and instead you were alerted by mail whether you passed."

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/w ... -released/

Can someone confirm this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Overnightoats wrote:This blog post says that:

"We heard last time that if you only took the essay portion of the bar exam, that your name was not posted and instead you were alerted by mail whether you passed."

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/w ... -released/

Can someone confirm this?
... you almost gave me a heart attack.

S0M21L

New

Post by S0M21L » Mon May 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Good luck, everyone!

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Apparently, it is likely that the result will be released after the deadline at this point. I did email them again asking whether they seriously would charge the retakers from feb the late fee, and they are not responding.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 pm

cho8583 wrote:Apparently, it is likely that the result will be released after the deadline at this point. I did email them again asking whether they seriously would charge the retakers from feb the late fee, and they are not responding.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
I would find it unlikely that the fee would not be waived. In the past, the Court of Appeals issued Administrative Orders waiving the additional fee for re-takers (see link below which contains a number of these orders).

http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/legal/orders.jsf

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”