DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bangbang07

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by bangbang07 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Mjleach wrote:About time!!
Congrats to all who passed.
Thanks for giving me a place to vent.
I second that. Thank you guys for sharing in the misery and letting me vent a bit. I'm pretty sure my coworkers and family were getting tired of my incessant cursing of the overlords at the DC Committee on Admissions.

For those of you that didn't pass, feel free to DM me. Happy to talk strategy and will be wishing you the best in your next attempt.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:15 pm

No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?
From reading prior threads on here, I believe they mail them out within a few weeks.
Well, can't wait for that to see I passed at least half if that is in few weeks... then I should register for both exam at this point then.. Anyways, congrats!!

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I passed!!!! THANK GOD!!!!
If anyone needs any advice let me know. Studied on my own with books off of EBay while working full-time.

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 pm

cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?
From reading prior threads on here, I believe they mail them out within a few weeks.
Well, can't wait for that to see I passed at least half if that is in few weeks... then I should register for both exam at this point then.. Anyways, congrats!!
That's right. I would suspect they would get the breakout to unsuccessful candidates bc they may only need to register for one part on the next exam. I would double check the rules to make sure your entire score isn't invalidated if you register for both and only take one (bc you found out after that you only needed to retake one part). I believe retaking one part only won't get you a portable score though.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:57 pm

No_name wrote: That's right. I would suspect they would get the breakout to unsuccessful candidates bc they may only need to register for one part on the next exam. I would double check the rules to make sure your entire score isn't invalidated if you register for both and only take one (bc you found out after that you only needed to retake one part). I believe retaking one part only won't get you a portable score though.
I just requested the unofficial UBE scores transcript via NCBE, paying $25. Hopefully I can see the score faster then DC bar. It says it will only take a business day after the Bar releases the result. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm

cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote: That's right. I would suspect they would get the breakout to unsuccessful candidates bc they may only need to register for one part on the next exam. I would double check the rules to make sure your entire score isn't invalidated if you register for both and only take one (bc you found out after that you only needed to retake one part). I believe retaking one part only won't get you a portable score though.
I just requested the unofficial UBE scores transcript via NCBE, paying $25. Hopefully I can see the score faster then DC bar. It says it will only take a business day after the Bar releases the result. Thanks!
You should also be able to get a breakdown among subjects. I found that information is very useful for my future preparation.

ReadyForCourt

New

Post by ReadyForCourt » Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

maxmartin wrote:
rr82 wrote:I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...
Rumor on the street is that they found a rogue grader randomly assigning score without reading the essay.
Well, well, well....DC Admissions Committee's staff showing us why they are (and likely will always be) a joke. Every exam is rife with problems, rude and clueless staff, questionable grading, and highly suspect ethics and integrity that the grading process was fair. This is not the first time a potential "rogue grader" has been suspected - take a look at the past 4 DC bar exams....Hats off to the Admissions Director for surviving a year in the role and putting on another shitshow of a bar exam.

Congrats to all those that passed. For those that didn't, I encourage you to attend the review session, look at your scores on each portion of the exam, and if you suspect any questionable or shady scoring - DO NOT LET IT GO! Advocate for yourself as you would a client, contact your law school's Dean, and contact the powers that be that are above the Admissions Director with specific examples of irregularities. DC Admissions Committee will only remain an embarrassment if no one speaks up - just like turning on the light makes the cockroaches scatter!

mjl4612

New

Post by mjl4612 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Congrats to everyone who passed. For those who did not, do not give up! It has taken me a few tries, but I finally succeeded. NEVER give up.

For those that passed: What is the next step? Will they send us something in the mail? Do we need to do take an affirmative action? Sorry if this information is found elsewhere. Thanks!

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 pm

I passed the February exam, and today I received my score break out in the mail (from the admissions committee). My score was broken out by MBE score and the written component score. The envelope was postmarked yesterday (5/17/17). I live in the District, only a few blocks from the Court of Appeals. The mailing also included an attachment indicating that I haven't been approved for swearing in because they are either currently reviewing my responses to questions on my application or they are awaiting completion of my character and fitness report.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shea08

New

Post by shea08 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm in the same boat as No_name. Relieved to see I'm not the only one who received the notice of deficiency (so it's likely that it's just the committee being slow).

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 am

shea08 wrote:I'm in the same boat as No_name. Relieved to see I'm not the only one who received the notice of deficiency (so it's likely that it's just the committee being slow).
I also got the notice of deficiency.

dvd0188

New

Post by dvd0188 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:11 am

Hey guys,

Just FYI, I am selling my brand new Themis MULTISTATE Exam Books on ebay if anyone is interested. I ended up never using these so I wanted to sell them to someone who is looking for a cheaper option than purchasing the entire Themis course. There are six books in total, which cover all three portions of the UBE. I included a link below if y'all are interested. Good luck with bar prep!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112411634527?ss ... 1555.l2649

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Overnightoats wrote:
shea08 wrote:I'm in the same boat as No_name. Relieved to see I'm not the only one who received the notice of deficiency (so it's likely that it's just the committee being slow).
Hey y'all. Any word on what those of us with some issue regarding our C&F or something else should do regarding the swearing-in? Are we just supposed to wait until we hear anything? Also, does anyone know when the actual swearing-in date is?

Another info vacuum... yay! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 am

DisCo wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:
Hey y'all. Any word on what those of us with some issue regarding our C&F or something else should do regarding the swearing-in? Are we just supposed to wait until we hear anything? Also, does anyone know when the actual swearing-in date is?

No word yet from the committee. I called them to check, and they said NCBE is still completing their C&F review and the committee referred me to NCBE. I am not aware of when the swearing in dates are.

lis78

New

Post by lis78 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 pm

No_name wrote:
DisCo wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:

No word yet from the committee. I called them to check, and they said NCBE is still completing their C&F review and the committee referred me to NCBE. I am not aware of when the swearing in dates are.

I've called almost every other day about a swearing in date. The most I've gotten from the committee is that it's usually on a Friday and its the first or second week of the month. Something else that's interesting - I called NCBE and asked the status of my C&F and they said they hadn't received any from DC for Feb 2017... seems like DC is continuously dropping the ball and we have to suffer. Funny enough (and im not sure if anyone else is having this issue) the email address for the admissions committee doesn't even work....

BubbaMean86

New

Post by BubbaMean86 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 am

I called last Thursday, and was told that it would be "sometime in July." I asked if it would be end of July, and she said "sometime in July."

shea08

New

Post by shea08 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Got my swearing-in letter today! Looks like the ceremony will be Friday, July 7.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BubbaMean86

New

Post by BubbaMean86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 am

Yes, at 10:00 AM.

Should I Take the whole day off from work do you think?

shea08

New

Post by shea08 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am

BubbaMean86 wrote:Yes, at 10:00 AM.

Should I Take the whole day off from work do you think?
I would if I could! But I don't think the actual ceremony will take that long, based on others I've talked to who have recently been admitted.

lis78

New

Post by lis78 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Are we allowed to bring guests? Do they cap it?

BubbaMean86

New

Post by BubbaMean86 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:34 pm

So do we bring the green form completely filled out, and then bring the other white form to be notarized three days prior to the swearing in, and that's it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bangbang07

New

Post by bangbang07 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 pm

lis78 wrote:Are we allowed to bring guests? Do they cap it?
I just called the committee on admissions and was told that there is no cap for the swearing-in ceremony. I plan to have 6-7 people there.

Hope this helps.

BubbaMean86

New

Post by BubbaMean86 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I don't have any family in town or friends watching the Ceremony. Do you mind if I tag along with one of your families for lunch? I will pay my own way.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”