DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
No_name

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 12:46 pm

cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?
I am on hold now...I'll post an update...
Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!
I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...

rr82

New

Post by rr82 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:51 pm

DisCo wrote:Heard from a good source (yes I'm doing this again lol) that they're trying hard for today, but if that doesn't happen then it'll be Monday at the latest.

This makes it sound like we should wait until COB to write today off.
I really want to know who's your source is... lol

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 pm

cho8583 wrote:
DisCo wrote:Heard from a good source (yes I'm doing this again lol) that they're trying hard for today, but if that doesn't happen then it'll be Monday at the latest.

This makes it sound like we should wait until COB to write today off.
I really want to know who's your source is... lol
Loose lips sink ships! :|

jesskim

New

Post by jesskim » Fri May 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I really hope they try harder for today, release the result by COB and enjoy their weekend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm

No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!
I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...
The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 pm

No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."

wtf-like,.....still fucking grading?

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

texas2dclawchick wrote:
No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:

That was the impression that I got, but that just can't be!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:31 pm

No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:
No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:

That's absolutely bonkers.

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 pm

texas2dclawchick wrote:Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient
I am with you. If I don't receive results today, I am submitting my application for the July exam online this weekend. Let them figure out how to refund me if I passed.

knifeheart

New

Post by knifeheart » Fri May 12, 2017 1:46 pm

No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient
I am with you. If I don't receive results today, I am submitting my application for the July exam online this weekend. Let them figure out how to refund me if I passed.
I wouldn't hold your breath.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 pm

No_name wrote:The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."
Man.. I know I did my creative BS for the entire essays, but still, they were given enough time to decode my BS! What's their problem still grading? :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TiredLawGrad

New

Post by TiredLawGrad » Fri May 12, 2017 2:52 pm

My nerves are frayed! Any more updates? What's the likelihood they work a little late and get scores to us later tonight, like in California?

bangbang07

New

Post by bangbang07 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

TiredLawGrad wrote:My nerves are frayed! Any more updates? What's the likelihood they work a little late and get scores to us later tonight, like in California?
I doubt they'll get the scores to us later tonight, and I agree w/TXtoDC in that I'm losing hope that it'll come out today. I'm with you though, my nerves are shot. I'm trying to figure out stuff to do to take my mind off of this nonsense this weekend. This combined with following my mom around the mall buying her stuff is what I imagine to be the 7th circle of hell.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

rr82 wrote:I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...
Rumor on the street is that they found a rogue grader randomly assigning score without reading the essay.

knifeheart

New

Post by knifeheart » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 pm

maxmartin wrote:
rr82 wrote:I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...
Rumor on the street is that they found a rogue grader randomly assigning score without reading the essay.
As long as they were passing grades . . .

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TiredLawGrad

New

Post by TiredLawGrad » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Graders are their employees. Why should we be penalized for their mistakes? The least they could have done was to email the applicants to let us know of the delay and give us instructions for reapplication instead of leaving us to gleam any information possible from the grapevine.

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 3:57 pm

TiredLawGrad wrote:Graders are their employees. Why should we be penalized for their mistakes? The least they could have done was to email the applicants to let us know of the delay and give us instructions for reapplication instead of leaving us to gleam any information possible from the grapevine.
What do you mean employees? I thought attorneys would be grading.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Result is up! Congrats those of you passed. Back to my study now! :(

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Fri May 12, 2017 4:49 pm

It's up!

Passed. Just scared the sh*t out of everyone in my office when I screamed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mjleach

New

Post by Mjleach » Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 pm

About time!!
Congrats to all who passed.
Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 5:04 pm

No_name's name was on the list! Congrats to all who passed!

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?

No_name

New

Post by No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 6:12 pm

cho8583 wrote:so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?
From reading prior threads on here, I believe they mail them out within a few weeks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”