DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
suchana

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by suchana » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:14 am

cho8583 wrote:Hopefully it arrives on time. I've heard pretty horrible stories about the document getting in late.. :shock:
What are the horrible stories?
And where do you all live? I'm in the mid-west. Does it take longer to send letters to here? I have no idea whether they reject my application or not--no reply to the emails, no information from the phone call. I don't even know if I should register for the Examsoft....If they refuse to register, do they at least send the materials back as a response?

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:10 am

suchana wrote:
cho8583 wrote:Hopefully it arrives on time. I've heard pretty horrible stories about the document getting in late.. :shock:
What are the horrible stories?
And where do you all live? I'm in the mid-west. Does it take longer to send letters to here? I have no idea whether they reject my application or not--no reply to the emails, no information from the phone call. I don't even know if I should register for the Examsoft....If they refuse to register, do they at least send the materials back as a response?
I got my confirmation letter at my aunt's address in Missouri, since I am a foreign applicant. My friends in DC got it a couple days before so I guess there is some extra days to get to the far locations like me.

Well, those stories I've been heard continiously is that people didnt get the bar tickets or other critical documents for the exam until the last minutes. Even worse, some of my friends had to go to the court to get the documents for the bar like a day before. Plus those delayed exam time.. call time was 9am and exam began like 3 hrs later or so. The most extreme thing I heard that was they lost MEE answer sheet that my senior handwrote and he had to retake the bar because of it. Well, it's been a while before UBE and laptop days, but still.

Well, all of my friends were foreign applicants, so I dont know about getting documents late for domestic applicants. You know DC bar is known for extremely slow administration process.

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

Has anyone received the admission ticket?

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 am

Overnightoats wrote:Has anyone received the admission ticket?
the confirmation letter said it will be mailed out 2 weeks prior to the exam, so they probably would mail them out this week. So I expect to get it around next week, hopefully.

hop

New

Post by hop » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:22 am

Hi, I'm registering for the DC bar in July. I just finished the NCBE C&F report (submitted to NCBE online and printed hard copy for DC Committee on Admissions). I think - but not 100% sure - that I'm supposed to send the hard copy to the DC bar now, and then submit the rest of my app separately when it becomes available in the next couple of months. Could anyone tell me if this is right? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:56 am

hop wrote:Hi, I'm registering for the DC bar in July. I just finished the NCBE C&F report (submitted to NCBE online and printed hard copy for DC Committee on Admissions). I think - but not 100% sure - that I'm supposed to send the hard copy to the DC bar now, and then submit the rest of my app separately when it becomes available in the next couple of months. Could anyone tell me if this is right? Thanks!
I think you send all at once to the DC Committee on Admissions, not separately like you described. For what it's worth, DC is in the process of phasing out hardcopy applications. I'd just wait until they issue the instructions for the July 2017 exam. I think they put them out in late March or April.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 pm

PunkWonkMike wrote:
hop wrote:Hi, I'm registering for the DC bar in July. I just finished the NCBE C&F report (submitted to NCBE online and printed hard copy for DC Committee on Admissions). I think - but not 100% sure - that I'm supposed to send the hard copy to the DC bar now, and then submit the rest of my app separately when it becomes available in the next couple of months. Could anyone tell me if this is right? Thanks!
I think you send all at once to the DC Committee on Admissions, not separately like you described. For what it's worth, DC is in the process of phasing out hardcopy applications. I'd just wait until they issue the instructions for the July 2017 exam. I think they put them out in late March or April.
+1. Considering their well-known administrative issue, you may want to wait for them to open up.

FYI, if you guys get the bar ticket, please let us know here!

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:13 am

cho8583 wrote:
PunkWonkMike wrote:
+1. Considering their well-known administrative issue, you may want to wait for them to open up.

FYI, if you guys get the bar ticket, please let us know here!
I haven't received mine. :cry:

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:31 am

Anyone know if we're allowed to bring a watch (analog or whatever) in to the conference center, or if there will be big countdown clocks set up, or anything regarding time management?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PunkWonkMike

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UB

Post by PunkWonkMike » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Got my admission card and seat number in the mail today.
DisCo wrote:Anyone know if we're allowed to bring a watch (analog or whatever) in to the conference center, or if there will be big countdown clocks set up, or anything regarding time management?
The letter say watches of any kind are prohibited. Hopefully there's a clock. I can't remember if Exam4 has a clock or if the countdown timer is enabled.

kpriley

New

Post by kpriley » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 pm

One week out and still no ticket. Am I the only one?

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 pm

kpriley wrote:One week out and still no ticket. Am I the only one?
FWIW, my letter is dated Feb 10th, I live in DC, and I just received it today.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Several of my friends who live in DC got their "bar ticket." Im still waiting to get it in mid-west.
PunkWonkMike wrote:
Thanks for the update, you've got the bar ticket, not a confirmation letter, right? :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kpriley

New

Post by kpriley » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm in the midwest too so maybe it will come tomorrow or Wednesday.

Tim123

New

Post by Tim123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:36 am

1 Week to go!

Tim123

New

Post by Tim123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 am

ethanwoo wrote:does anyone have any idea what might be tested on the MEE portion?
I was thinking

(1) Constitutional Law (It's due b/c not tested in a while)
(2) Real Property (it's due b/c not tested in a while)
(3) Criminal Law
--> or maybe Civil Procedure (frequently tested)

(4) Trust (not tested in a while) or Wills
(5) Corporation
(6) Agency and Partnership

What do you guys think?
Anything is game

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Tim123 wrote:
ethanwoo wrote:does anyone have any idea what might be tested on the MEE portion?
I was thinking

(3) Criminal Law

(5) Corporation

What do you guys think?
Anything is game
I did a matrix of the questions from 2007 to 2011. Seemed like the non-MBE subjects come up more in the Feb exams, but I agree, anything is possible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm

PunkWonkMike wrote:
Tim123 wrote:
I was thinking

(3) Criminal Law

(5) Corporation

What do you guys think?
Anything is game
I did a matrix of the questions from 2007 to 2011. Seemed like the non-MBE subjects come up more in the Feb exams, but I agree, anything is possible.
I did a bit of browsing. These guys seem to have a good guess: http://www.efficientbarprep.com/mee-predictions/

Civil Procedure
Property
Constitutional Law
Trusts
Family Law
Agency & Partnerships (possibly combined with Torts or Corps/LLCs)

Here's another prediction that basically has the same thing: http://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/fe ... edictions/

I have little-to-no experience in wills, trusts, and family law, so I'm going to hammer these topics up over the next few days.

Tim123

New

Post by Tim123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks, I hit Family Law , Trusts and the other MEE topics hard the last two weeks. I definitely neglected Trusts though. We should do a quick study review. Whats your email?

mjl4612

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UB

Post by mjl4612 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 am

PunkWonkMike wrote:Got my admission card and seat number in the mail today.
DisCo wrote:Anyone know if we're allowed to bring a watch (analog or whatever) in to the conference center, or if there will be big countdown clocks set up, or anything regarding time management?
The letter say watches of any kind are prohibited. Hopefully there's a clock. I can't remember if Exam4 has a clock or if the countdown timer is enabled.
This is concerning as I relied heavily on my watch when I took the exam in Louisiana and California. :shock: I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt that there is an alternative time source somewhere if they are prohibiting watches.

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 am

cho8583 wrote:Several of my friends who live in DC got their "bar ticket." Im still waiting to get it in mid-west.
PunkWonkMike wrote:
Thanks for the update, you've got the bar ticket, not a confirmation letter, right? :)
Just got my ticket (though likely got delivered earlier as I didn't check until today). In DC, letter+ticket dated Feb. 10.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:27 pm

cho8583 wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:Has anyone received the admission ticket?
the confirmation letter said it will be mailed out 2 weeks prior to the exam, so they probably would mail them out this week. So I expect to get it around next week, hopefully.
My aunt in mid-west just called me she got the ticket and sent that to me over. Just for an update.

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 am

Does anyone know how we are gonna submit essays on Exam4? Are we going to have wifi?

KOPBF

New

Post by KOPBF » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Overnightoats wrote:Does anyone know how we are gonna submit essays on Exam4? Are we going to have wifi?
Everyone will have a USB drive to save the MPTs and MEEs answers. Good luck!

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:14 pm

KOPBF wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:Does anyone know how we are gonna submit essays on Exam4? Are we going to have wifi?
Everyone will have a USB drive to save the MPTs and MEEs answers. Good luck!
Thank you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”