DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DisCo

New

DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by DisCo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Launching this thread as I didn't see another.

Also, first-time poster, longtime (like 10 years) lurker. So, heya!

How y'all hanging in there? Trying to get my system in gear. Barbri-ing it up so far; considering adding Adaptibar. Working full time now; taking a few weeks off prior to the exam.

We can do this. 8)
Last edited by DisCo on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimothyJohn

New

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Post by TimothyJohn » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 pm

It's tough balancing work with studying, but we can do this!

Has everyone received their "Confirmation" or any type of ticket from DC Bar? I Haven't yet.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:44 am

Chcking in! Hope there would be no horror stories like previous year.. (i.e. delayed 3 hrs)

Haven't heard from the Bar regarding application and C&F. Hopefully they at least looked at our documents :roll: lol

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:52 am

TimothyJohn wrote:Has everyone received their "Confirmation" or any type of ticket from DC Bar? I Haven't yet.
I haven't received mine, but I also turned in my application close to the deadline.
DisCo wrote:Also, first-time poster, longtime (like 10 years) lurker. So, heya!

How y'all hanging in there? Trying to get my system in gear. Barbri-ing it up so far; considering adding Adaptibar. Working full time now; taking a few weeks off prior to the exam.

We can do this. 8)
I graduated in 2011 and got a policy job so I never bothered to take it. It's been tough shaking off the cobwebs. On the other hand, I don't feel like my life depends on passing the exam, so I've managed a remarkable zen-like calmness, at least relative to the chronic worrier I normally am.

I'm either taking off or going part time at work in Feb. I'm not getting much out of the lectures so I'm focusing more on MBE questions and reviewing the answers.

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 am

cho8583 wrote:Chcking in! Hope there would be no horror stories like previous year.. (i.e. delayed 3 hrs)

Haven't heard from the Bar regarding application and C&F. Hopefully they at least looked at our documents :roll: lol
I read in the instructions to wait until February and if we haven't received an application receipt to contact them. I'm sure by February there'll be a list of things to stress about, though. :shock: :lol:
PunkWonkMike wrote:
TimothyJohn wrote:Has everyone received their "Confirmation" or any type of ticket from DC Bar? I Haven't yet.
I haven't received mine, but I also turned in my application close to the deadline.
DisCo wrote:Also, first-time poster, longtime (like 10 years) lurker. So, heya!

We can do this. 8)
I graduated in 2011 and got a policy job so I never bothered to take it. It's been tough shaking off the cobwebs. On the other hand, I don't feel like my life depends on passing the exam, so I've managed a remarkable zen-like calmness, at least relative to the chronic worrier I normally am.

I'm either taking off or going part time at work in Feb. I'm not getting much out of the lectures so I'm focusing more on MBE questions and reviewing the answers.
My life (or least my job) kinda does depend on it lol, but I'll zen things out as much as possible. Luckily Jan. and Feb. are a bit slower than the rest of the year, though, so hopefully my billables can recover post-bar.

I'm hit-and-miss with the lectures. If you're taking Barbri, Epstein in Contracts and Chemerinsky in ConLaw are legends, so their lectures at the very least may be helpful in some respects. Depends on how you learn, of course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Anyone heard anything about DC's character and fitness? How stringent they are, if it takes forever, if we get notice of passage before the exam, etc.?

mjl4612

New

Post by mjl4612 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:05 am

Checking into this thread. Taking DC bar in Feb. 2017. I'm admitted in Louisiana but live in DC and can't waive in via Louisiana.I have been unsuccessful taking the Cali bar a couple times (had some unique circumstances), so I'm now giving the UBE a shot.

I haven't received any confirmation either, which makes me nervous. For La. and Cali, you always knew rather promptly whether your application had been accepted. Fingers crossed we hear soon so we can at least have that peace of mind.

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm

"Your examination admission letter will be sent via first-class mail approximately ten days before the examination to the mailing address you have provided."

http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/docume ... 017-02.pdf

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:27 pm

PunkWonkMike wrote:"Your examination admission letter will be sent via first-class mail approximately ten days before the examination to the mailing address you have provided."

http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/docume ... 017-02.pdf
Yeah, but does the admission letter imply you passed C&F?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Checking in! I got a letter from DC COA that my application was accepted for processing and included the Exam ID. Admission tickets and further information will be mailed "approximately two weeks prior to the examination."

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 pm

bruinwang wrote:Checking in! I got a letter from DC COA that my application was accepted for processing and included the Exam ID. Admission tickets and further information will be mailed "approximately two weeks prior to the examination."
When did you submit your application? How long did it take them to send you the confirmation letter? I submitted mine in November and still haven't received anything.

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 am

Overnightoats wrote:
bruinwang wrote:Checking in! I got a letter from DC COA that my application was accepted for processing and included the Exam ID. Admission tickets and further information will be mailed "approximately two weeks prior to the examination."
When did you submit your application? How long did it take them to send you the confirmation letter? I submitted mine in November and still haven't received anything.

I submitted on Dec 12, so about as late as it gets without filing a late fee. The confirmation letter is dated Dec 28, but I think I actually received it in the mail about two weeks later. I submitted in-person at the admissions office, if that somehow makes a difference as far as processing time.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 am

Hopefully it arrives on time. I've heard pretty horrible stories about the document getting in late.. :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm

bruinwang wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:

I submitted on Dec 12, so about as late as it gets without filing a late fee. The confirmation letter is dated Dec 28, but I think I actually received it in the mail about two weeks later. I submitted in-person at the admissions office, if that somehow makes a difference as far as processing time.
Thank you! Any idea where the exam is going to take place?

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:34 pm

cho8583 wrote:Hopefully it arrives on time. I've heard pretty horrible stories about the document getting in late.. :shock:
Fingers crossed. :cry:

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Overnightoats wrote:
bruinwang wrote:
Overnightoats wrote:

Thank you! Any idea where the exam is going to take place?
Not a problem! Confirmation letter says that the exam will be held at the Washington Convention Center.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Exam4 Lapton registration has begun. Quite an interesting idea to run it first come first serve basis, chaging extra $ on those people who register late after 320 ppl.. really :roll:

www.exam4.com/dcbar

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mjl4612

New

Post by mjl4612 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:15 pm

cho8583 wrote:Exam4 Lapton registration has begun. Quite an interesting idea to run it first come first serve basis, chaging extra $ on those people who register late after 320 ppl.. really :roll:

http://www.exam4.com/dcbar
Thanks for the head's up. Still anxiously waiting for my confirmation letter . . . hope I'm not the only one in that boat.

Happy studying - one more month! :shock:

Overnightoats

New

Post by Overnightoats » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:42 pm

mjl4612 wrote:
cho8583 wrote:Exam4 Lapton registration has begun. Quite an interesting idea to run it first come first serve basis, chaging extra $ on those people who register late after 320 ppl.. really :roll:

Thanks for the head's up. Still anxiously waiting for my confirmation letter . . . hope I'm not the only one in that boat.

Happy studying - one more month! :shock:

I haven't received mine either. I called and they told me they are still processing the apps.

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Haha, typical. Thanks for the heads-up! Keep on truckin', y'all.

PunkWonkMike

New

Post by PunkWonkMike » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Got my acceptance letter from the DC Court of Appeals. It says the admission ticket and further information will be mailed approximately two weeks before the exam. For what it's worth, I turned in my application the day of the deadline on the 30th.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ethanwoo

New

Post by ethanwoo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:44 am

does anyone have any idea what might be tested on the MEE portion?
I was thinking

(1) Constitutional Law (It's due b/c not tested in a while)
(2) Real Property (it's due b/c not tested in a while)
(3) Criminal Law
--> or maybe Civil Procedure (frequently tested)

(4) Trust (not tested in a while) or Wills
(5) Corporation
(6) Agency and Partnership

What do you guys think?

suchana

New

Post by suchana » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Have you all received the acceptance letter?

DisCo

New

Post by DisCo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:21 pm

suchana wrote:Have you all received the acceptance letter?
Yeah, I just got mine last last week, but I filed a few days or so before it was due (regular deadline).

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 am

DisCo wrote:
suchana wrote:Have you all received the acceptance letter?
Yeah, I just got mine last last week, but I filed a few days or so before it was due (regular deadline).
got it on last friday, and I submitted the application way earlier than the deadline.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”