Virginia Bar Exam - Feb. 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
terpfan12

New

Re: Virginia Bar Exam - Feb. 2017

Post by terpfan12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am

lgp876 wrote:@ terpfan12

Thanks so much for the advice/feedback. I don't think I have the mental/physical capacity to take VA again so I've decided to transfer my MBE score to DC and take the essay portion of the UBE in DC this July.

Btw, you are a rock star for passing NY and taking VA. From the tone of your post it sounds like you were successful so congrats!!! :)
Thanks! That's great that DC will accept your MBE! Best of luck with the essays!

philippian413

New

Post by philippian413 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello
Anyone have a barbri Virginia essay book if so please pm me. Tks

superlaw10

New

Post by superlaw10 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

I want to share my Virginia Bar Exam experience because maybe it will be helpful to someone.

The first time I took the bar exam, I studied like crazy from dawn til dusk. I did all of Barbri. Failed by 7 points.

The second time I took the bar exam, I studied but not like crazy. I worked full time which helped because I had only a certain amount of hours everyday to study. I used the critical pass flashcards. To contrast, the first time I did the Barbri simulated exam, I was scoring like 101. The second time I used ONLY the critical pass flash cards and scored a 157. Seriously.

( Imagine all of evidence in 20 or so cards you can easily manage. )

I also had some great advice from someone who failed before. They said that if you are failing by like 10-15 points, the easiest thing to do in conjunction with bringing up your MBE score is to work on HOW you're writing your essays. I used Barbri essay architect in conjunction with the essay book and I was scoring in the 8-10 range on essays before I took the exam for the second time.

Please do not give up. I know it sucks but once you're done, you're done. Keep you heads up and shine on future lawyers.

lgp876

New

Post by lgp876 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am

superlaw10 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I want to share my Virginia Bar Exam experience because maybe it will be helpful to someone.

The first time I took the bar exam, I studied like crazy from dawn til dusk. I did all of Barbri. Failed by 7 points.

The second time I took the bar exam, I studied but not like crazy. I worked full time which helped because I had only a certain amount of hours everyday to study. I used the critical pass flashcards. To contrast, the first time I did the Barbri simulated exam, I was scoring like 101. The second time I used ONLY the critical pass flash cards and scored a 157. Seriously.

( Imagine all of evidence in 20 or so cards you can easily manage. )

I also had some great advice from someone who failed before. They said that if you are failing by like 10-15 points, the easiest thing to do in conjunction with bringing up your MBE score is to work on HOW you're writing your essays. I used Barbri essay architect in conjunction with the essay book and I was scoring in the 8-10 range on essays before I took the exam for the second time.

Please do not give up. I know it sucks but once you're done, you're done. Keep you heads up and shine on future lawyers.
This is a great post. I failed VA twice within the 10 point range. Although I won't be taking VA again, this is sound advice for someone taking the bar in any jurisdiction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”