Maryland Bar Exam (February 2017) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Cwarrior57

New

Re: Maryland Bar Exam (February 2017)

Post by Cwarrior57 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

nervousnervous wrote:Is it weird that I haven't received any info about scheduling the C&F interview? I recently moved and am having my mail forwarded to my new address, but I'm paranoid.

You should contact the board of law examiners asap.

nervousnervous

New

Post by nervousnervous » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

Cwarrior57 wrote:
nervousnervous wrote:Is it weird that I haven't received any info about scheduling the C&F interview? I recently moved and am having my mail forwarded to my new address, but I'm paranoid.

You should contact the board of law examiners asap.
I called the board and was told that not receiving info about the C&F interview "is not uncommon at this time." I also just found out that two of my references received the forms very late - one said she received it on April 1st, with a due date of March 31st.

NaeDeen

Bronze

Post by NaeDeen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:07 am

Cwarrior57 wrote:
NaeDeen wrote:
Cwarrior57 wrote:Any chance results come out before May 5th? If not, I'm gonna have a heck of a Cinco de Mayo!
They should be out by the end of day Friday. Good luck...I've started studying again. Not fun.

How do you know? :shock:
I'm a repeat taker and the proctors gave us a date and that was the date they released it. 2nd time taking the exam I was told that the results would be out on Friday May 5th. It is also on their website.

Cwarrior57

New

Post by Cwarrior57 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

NaeDeen wrote:
Cwarrior57 wrote:
NaeDeen wrote:
Cwarrior57 wrote:Any chance results come out before May 5th? If not, I'm gonna have a heck of a Cinco de Mayo!
They should be out by the end of day Friday. Good luck...I've started studying again. Not fun.

I'm a repeat taker and the proctors gave us a date and that was the date they released it. 2nd time taking the exam I was told that the results would be out on Friday May 5th. It is also on their website.

Was the time also accurate when you received results last time? Should we be expecting results after 4:30pm?

S0M21L

New

Post by S0M21L » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Good luck, everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NaeDeen

Bronze

Post by NaeDeen » Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:
NaeDeen wrote:
Cwarrior57 wrote:
NaeDeen wrote:

Was the time also accurate when you received results last time? Should we be expecting results after 4:30pm?

Yes. They are very punctual. You can refresh all you want but it's posted at the end of their work day. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ipodintheocean

New

Post by ipodintheocean » Thu May 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi- repeat taker and first time poster on TLS. I passed this time around and unfortunately won't be able to make the June swear in date. Do many people attend the September ceremony? Is there a chance we'd receive more than 2 tickets to the later ceremony? Also, is there another way to be sworn in other than attending the official ceremony?

I've been a long time lurker of these Maryland Bar TLS forums so thank you to the community for the all of the advice and the ability to commiserate in the years its taken me to pass.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 pm

ipodintheocean wrote:Hi- repeat taker and first time poster on TLS. I passed this time around and unfortunately won't be able to make the June swear in date. Do many people attend the September ceremony? Is there a chance we'd receive more than 2 tickets to the later ceremony? Also, is there another way to be sworn in other than attending the official ceremony?

I've been a long time lurker of these Maryland Bar TLS forums so thank you to the community for the all of the advice and the ability to commiserate in the years its taken me to pass.
Hi! Quick answer here: you only get two tickets and that's it. The court of appeals court room is tiny. You have to attend the swearing in ceremony, no way around it.

Vantwins

Bronze

Post by Vantwins » Tue May 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Vantwins wrote:Just chiming in - I used Themis and passed the July 2016 Bar. I felt well prepared. I did study very hard from mid-May up until the exam, but I've got 3 elementary age kids, so I was more distracted then when I took the VA bar years ago!

I'm in Rockville, if anyone is interested you can email me at vsophir@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Vanessa

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Vantwins

Bronze

Post by Vantwins » Tue May 23, 2017 4:48 pm

ipodintheocean wrote:Hi- repeat taker and first time poster on TLS. I passed this time around and unfortunately won't be able to make the June swear in date. Do many people attend the September ceremony? Is there a chance we'd receive more than 2 tickets to the later ceremony? Also, is there another way to be sworn in other than attending the official ceremony?

I couldn't go to mine either, my mom was having chemo. They let me do it the following month. It was about a dozen of us. It's less of a scene, no speaker or anything, but the Judges said a few things. And I went alone but you could bring more people because it's 20 minutes in and out and just a few people being sworn in.

mayahw

New

Post by mayahw » Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Does anyone have any MD bar exam books from taking the 2017 Bar? I need some ASAP for the July 2017 bar

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”