February 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TexasRepeater

New

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by TexasRepeater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

https://ble.texas.gov/pass-list-feb-2017

It's not broken anymore. No names yet.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

That makes me happy! I know I did good on Civil P&E and eeehhh on Criminal P&E (I didn't scare me or throw me off but on a couple), MBE...felt great except the Property questions I had to sacrifice for time. Essays....welllllll....I did write words...and I know I did ok on a few but nowhere near where I needed to be but that was expected since I wasn't able to focus at all due to medical reasons until about 2 weeks before the exam. The MPT...that was ridiculous and I basically lost that 10%. So, I know I didn't have enough in my brain before my ability to focus/retain vanished but that's o.k. I really just needed to follow through since it's been so long since taking the exam before and so much has changed. I was very thankful that the changes were in ways that helped me tremendously. I'm excited to be able to type my essays next time, that'll make a huge difference in my score.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

vandyclark

New

Post by vandyclark » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Something's happening with the Feb Bar results page...

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm

dtjustice wrote:That makes me happy! I know I did good on Civil P&E and eeehhh on Criminal P&E (I didn't scare me or throw me off but on a couple), MBE...felt great except the Property questions I had to sacrifice for time. Essays....welllllll....I did write words...and I know I did ok on a few but nowhere near where I needed to be but that was expected since I wasn't able to focus at all due to medical reasons until about 2 weeks before the exam. The MPT...that was ridiculous and I basically lost that 10%. So, I know I didn't have enough in my brain before my ability to focus/retain vanished but that's o.k. I really just needed to follow through since it's been so long since taking the exam before and so much has changed. I was very thankful that the changes were in ways that helped me tremendously. I'm excited to be able to type my essays next time, that'll make a huge difference in my score.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
This is the best thing about the breakdown, I love the way they break down the essays for you. Unless it changed, they should tell you how you ranked (percentile) for each essay and what the subject was so you can really tell where you struggled. The rest of the scores are just broken down in the percentile so it's kinda worthless information.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:57 pm

So nervous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Estecontre wrote:
dtjustice wrote:That makes me happy! I know I did good on Civil P&E and eeehhh on Criminal P&E (I didn't scare me or throw me off but on a couple), MBE...felt great except the Property questions I had to sacrifice for time. Essays....welllllll....I did write words...and I know I did ok on a few but nowhere near where I needed to be but that was expected since I wasn't able to focus at all due to medical reasons until about 2 weeks before the exam. The MPT...that was ridiculous and I basically lost that 10%. So, I know I didn't have enough in my brain before my ability to focus/retain vanished but that's o.k. I really just needed to follow through since it's been so long since taking the exam before and so much has changed. I was very thankful that the changes were in ways that helped me tremendously. I'm excited to be able to type my essays next time, that'll make a huge difference in my score.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
This is the best thing about the breakdown, I love the way they break down the essays for you. Unless it changed, they should tell you how you ranked (percentile) for each essay and what the subject was so you can really tell where you struggled. The rest of the scores are just broken down in the percentile so it's kinda worthless information.

If they do like my last two exams (a very long time ago!) it was helpful more to me that it validated the areas I assumed I was studying correctly for and those I really couldn't retain. That's more helpful than specifics, it's been so long, I'm re-learning a lot so it's not like I just need fine tuning.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe they won't wait till 4?

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Maybe they won't wait till 4?
Doubt that they'll wait till 4.
On another subject, are you a Packers fan?

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Yup

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:10 pm

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
I've been reading your past few posts and it sounds like you're just so sure you failed. Results haven't been posted yet so please keep your head up!!

I didn't do so well myself but am still holding on to some hope that I magically passed. I don't know you, but I'll be hoping you, as well as everyone else on this forum, sees their name on the list.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Yup
Dunno why it took me so long to figure it out. I almost cried when they pushed Favre out of Green Bay and I even chanted against Rodgers when he started, but now I love Rodgers.

heathbar88

New

Post by heathbar88 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Out-of-stater here, anxiously awaiting results. Wishing good luck to all of the TLS takers!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

chpvtt wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
I've been reading your past few posts and it sounds like you're just so sure you failed. Results haven't been posted yet so please keep your head up!!

I didn't do so well myself but am still holding on to some hope that I magically passed. I don't know you, but I'll be hoping you, as well as everyone else on this forum, sees their name on the list.

Oh thanks for the faith but I'm not pessimistic at all.. I wasn't able to write enough to even skimp by and you know, it's like any other exam, you know when you have missed questions, especially when an essay requires you to "explain fully" and you write a tiny paragraph LOL. I was hit with severe chronic fatigue right in the middle of my studying and was basically awake 2 hours a day for weeks before the exam. I'm not over the general fatigue but I'm able to focus better now, so I'm not giving up :-)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:32 pm

This is agonizing.

Mckay

New

Post by Mckay » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 pm

dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Oh thanks for the faith but I'm not pessimistic at all.. I wasn't able to write enough to even skimp by and you know, it's like any other exam, you know when you have missed questions, especially when an essay requires you to "explain fully" and you write a tiny paragraph LOL. I was hit with severe chronic fatigue right in the middle of my studying and was basically awake 2 hours a day for weeks before the exam. I'm not over the general fatigue but I'm able to focus better now, so I'm not giving up :-)
I just want to say that I get it. I had a severe concussion right a few months before the exam and was having trouble retaining things. I gave it my all, but when you have limitations like that, it is hard to put it all out there. I think it is amazing you went and tried under the circumstances you were facing. As my son said to me, "the bar exam is tough. People fail even doing their best. You dared to take it feeling your worst." That says alot about you

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I'll be disconnecting. Pass or fail, I don't think I'll say anything. Good luck to everyone here. I'm sure you'll do great. Take care and thank you for everything!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Mckay wrote:
dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

I just want to say that I get it. I had a severe concussion right a few months before the exam and was having trouble retaining things. I gave it my all, but when you have limitations like that, it is hard to put it all out there. I think it is amazing you went and tried under the circumstances you were facing. As my son said to me, "the bar exam is tough. People fail even doing their best. You dared to take it feeling your worst." That says alot about you

awww....thanks! Not sure if that would normally make me cry but those words on top of waiting for the results ......I'm just crying like a baby, glad it's just me and the dawgs at home :-) Thank you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Pass or fail I just want to thank all of y'all on this forum. You made bar prep and waiting on the bar results a little more bearable. Good luck everyone.

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Mckay wrote:
dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Your son is wise. Best wishes your way!

prayingforgoodnews

New

Post by prayingforgoodnews » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Good luck everyone. May God bless our hard work.

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

BVest wrote:No cause for alarm, but since the link is now several pages back:

https://ble.texas.gov/pass-list-feb-2017
" messages" is written!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mckay

New

Post by Mckay » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you so much. My son is definitely a keeper. My four kids and husband, like all your families, have put up with a lot. This is their 3rd bar exam with me - three different states. I don't think I want to move again after this!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully results post SOON!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Mckay wrote:Thank you so much. My son is definitely a keeper. My four kids and husband, like all your families, have put up with a lot. This is their 3rd bar exam with me - three different states. I don't think I want to move again after this!

Did you pass all of them?

Mckay

New

Post by Mckay » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

maxmartin wrote:
Mckay wrote:Thank you so much. My son is definitely a keeper. My four kids and husband, like all your families, have put up with a lot. This is their 3rd bar exam with me - three different states. I don't think I want to move again after this!

I passed the two other states, but, don't know on this one. I had a nasty concussion just a while before the exam. I spent lots of time studying, but, sometimes, I read an essay question thinking I had never done it before, only to see on the answer page that I had already done it and thoroughly outlined it. I did not remember a thing, even on reading my own notes. So, this time is different for me. I don't know if I recalled enough to get by on this one. I am praying - with all of you!
Last edited by Mckay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Mckay wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

I passed the two other states, but, don't know on this one. I had a nasty concussion just a while before the exam. I spent lots of time studying, but, sometimes, I read an essay question thinking I had never done it before, only to see on the answer page that I had already done it and thoroughly outlined it. I did not remember a thing, even on reading my own notes. So, this time is different for me. I don't know if I recalled enough to get by on this one. I am praying - with all of you!
You will be totally fine.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”