February 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Ketki

New

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by Ketki » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm

when do we get the grade breakdown?

Leprechaun

Bronze

Post by Leprechaun » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:35 pm

1st time taker. I'm old as hell. Worked full time. Took Barbri online. Completed 100% of the lectures (mostly on 1.5 to 2.0 speed) and assigned multiple choice, completed minimal essays. Did do all the graded assignments except 1. Did zero of the skim the material before the lecture and zero of the review the full outlines after the lecfure. Did review the mini outlines for the Texas essay subjects in the days leading up to the exam and did read through a few years worth of answers to the Texas essays in the Barbri book. Also took the extra Crim Pro and Civ Pro lectures they offered and did review those outlines.

Total score 774, MBE 156.2
Last edited by Leprechaun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Just got a notification from BLE

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm

First-time taker (took and passed GA a few years ago).

150.7 MBE
747 Total Score

Did about 90% of Themis. Used Critical Pass. And went through every old P&E test on the BOLE website.

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Tirei 631 total score...MBE final scale 115.6. My first time ... I didn't do any course.... but sure I guess I need to do more MBE questions... I am very sad!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm

GRRR....this breakdown is nothing like the ones from my previous exams. Last time it gave how many of each subject I got correct....this time, it's some useless % of how many were below mine. That tells me NOTHING :-( I scored almost identical to my last exam in 2007. That tells me, I'm looking at the same stuff and not learning anything "new." I guess it just reminds me to study it all.

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 pm

dtjustice wrote:GRRR....this breakdown is nothing like the ones from my previous exams. Last time it gave how many of each subject I got correct....this time, it's some useless % of how many were below mine. That tells me NOTHING :-( I scored almost identical to my last exam in 2007. That tells me, I'm looking at the same stuff and not learning anything "new." I guess it just reminds me to study it all.
Tell me about it! I'm looking at these % and not seeing how it will show me what areas I need to improve. If anything, it just tells me how much dumber I am compared to other test takers -.-

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Hottexas wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:This is my second time sitting for the exam and I didn't pass. Not sure if I want to take it again.. and even if I did, when. Ugh.
Right there with you. I know this might change in a few days - but I just don't have it in me for a third try yet. I can't deal with failing again.

I hear you. It's too much. Frankly, I am not even sure I would take BarBri again if I decided to sit for the exam.
How did the people on this forum pass? Did they take course? I am not sure some People say that course is just a waste of money... others say that course helps you a lot.. how do we know? can someone who passed advice us, please? Thanks
I took Themis. I really liked their set-up. I passed, but for what it's worth I told everyone I liked Themis right after I took the bar before I knew results. I know everyone is different and has a different learning style but for me I don't think there was a better program.

Congratulations to all who passed, and to those who didn't I have faith that you will get it next time.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 pm

chpvtt wrote:
dtjustice wrote:GRRR....this breakdown is nothing like the ones from my previous exams. Last time it gave how many of each subject I got correct....this time, it's some useless % of how many were below mine. That tells me NOTHING :-( I scored almost identical to my last exam in 2007. That tells me, I'm looking at the same stuff and not learning anything "new." I guess it just reminds me to study it all.
Tell me about it! I'm looking at these % and not seeing how it will show me what areas I need to improve. If anything, it just tells me how much dumber I am compared to other test takers -.-

LOL...exactly....I knew I did horrible on my MPT but apparently 4% did worse LOLOL...I can't do anything but laugh at that one. I don't think I would have provided a different answer if I had memorized every past MPT verbatim. It seemed out of left field to me. Maybe I was distracted or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wtfdoidonow

New

Post by wtfdoidonow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 pm

dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

LOL...exactly....I knew I did horrible on my MPT but apparently 4% did worse LOLOL...I can't do anything but laugh at that one. I don't think I would have provided a different answer if I had memorized every past MPT verbatim. It seemed out of left field to me. Maybe I was distracted or something.
Would yall happen to know how to go about requesting that informal review thingy we can get? I have no idea if it's even helpful since I didn't do it for July results (I already knew I fucked it up), but according to this grade breakdown I only did marginally better July and I wasn't expecting that.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Any repeaters thinking about taking the exam again? Maybe we could start a thread and share helpful information.

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm

wtfdoidonow wrote:
dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

Would yall happen to know how to go about requesting that informal review thingy we can get? I have no idea if it's even helpful since I didn't do it for July results (I already knew I fucked it up), but according to this grade breakdown I only did marginally better July and I wasn't expecting that.
"If you are eligible for a one-time formal review, we must receive your written request for a formal review within 14 calendar days from the date of this letter. You may fax your request to 512-463-5300 or email it to Allison.drish@ble.texas.gov."

This was from the letter I got in Atlas. I guess it just has to say that you're requesting a review and be sure to do it before the deadline!

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

_cant_deal wrote:Any repeaters thinking about taking the exam again? Maybe we could start a thread and share helpful information.
Count me in! I'm already thinking about starting the studying next Monday. (I should give myself 2 days to mope around right? :P )

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

_cant_deal wrote:Any repeaters thinking about taking the exam again? Maybe we could start a thread and share helpful information.

That would be extremely helpful, if nothing else, it will keep me motivated!

PhatttFat

New

Post by PhatttFat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 pm

PASSED!!! As a repeat taker, I am so happy and relieved right now. Congratulations to everyone else!!!

And to those who did not, keep your head up. You will get it NEXT TIME!

wtfdoidonow

New

Post by wtfdoidonow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 pm

dtjustice wrote:

That would be extremely helpful, if nothing else, it will keep me motivated!
New here to TLS, but sign me up yall

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 pm

chpvtt wrote:
Count me in! I'm already thinking about starting the studying next Monday. (I should give myself 2 days to mope around right? :P )
My "start again" date has been set for May 1st since the exam. I'm going to take February...that'll ensure enough time to account for my fatigue. I'm thinking of taking a macro to micro approach and studying fewer subjects first to get a good grip, then speed up ....the crunch at the end, which I hopefully won't even need to do by then but that's the plan so far.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wtfdoidonow

New

Post by wtfdoidonow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 pm

chpvtt wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:
dtjustice wrote:
chpvtt wrote:

"If you are eligible for a one-time formal review, we must receive your written request for a formal review within 14 calendar days from the date of this letter. You may fax your request to 512-463-5300 or email it to Allison.drish@ble.texas.gov."

This was from the letter I got in Atlas. I guess it just has to say that you're requesting a review and be sure to do it before the deadline!
Whoops thanks! I just looked at my abysmal score and closed that shit without even skimming the rest. Derp.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Ok...so there's not really a way to figure out how many were correct in each subject right? I can't think of a formula that would produce that result since they're graded weird!

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:53 pm

I attempted to create a new thread for July 2017 Exam

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p9960802

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Congrats to everyone who passed, to those who didn't I have faith you'll get it next time! <3

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LadyMary

New

Post by LadyMary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Second time taking the exam and I passed. Total Score = 689. MBE = 144.7.

I am so thankful I passed, but I also realize there was a very good chance of me failing (I didn't pass by much). My heart goes out to everyone who didn't pass. Please do not think of this as the end of the road or that you're not smart enough or whatever feeling you're having right now. I was there in November and it was the worst, but it wasn't the end. Definitely take the weekend (or even the next week) to be upset about it, but pick yourself back up (I know all of you can) and figure out a plan to pass the SOB in July. You CAN do this.

My biggest piece of advice: don't procrastinate. This exam is a beast and I think it's just overwhelming at the start. I know I saw the road ahead of me (twice) and kept saying "Okay tomorrow is the day I'm really going to get into it." Well, I ended up wasting a ton of time the first go around and the second time was difficult because of the holidays (a big time suck) and I was working full time until three weeks before the exam. Map out a schedule and stick to it. Good luck! I know you can do it! If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Congratulations to everybody that passed!! Sadly I failed, but I wanted to post my story here so people can have some hope. I got a 534 the first time I took it. This time I scored a 655!! I was so close and while I am bummed I improved my score by 121 points. I know i will get it next time!!

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Who is taking in July ? I need to decide tonight if I take in July or in February.... Congrats to the ones who passed!!!

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Hottexas wrote:Who is taking in July ? I need to decide tonight if I take in July or February....
I will be signing up tomorrow for the July one. No point in waiting

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”