February 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dtjustice

New

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

oh my that's not many.....I guesstimated between 1500-2000 people showing up for that exam....that would be a super low pass rate.

jcsmith

New

Post by jcsmith » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for us to be able to log in to pay dues?
Last edited by jcsmith on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

BVest wrote:Stats are not up yet either, but they will go up here: https://ble.texas.gov/2017feb

I have no idea how many total takers there were this year and what the mix of first-time/repeaters was, but there are 606 names on the list this year, compared to 806 the last two Februarys and 789 the previous February.
For some reason I just remember that lady saying we had 1400 students taking it this February. Correct me if I'm wrong. But whether it was 1400, or even 1200, that's nearly 50% of test-takers failing. Seriously, wtf?

kawikav

New

Post by kawikav » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm

chpvtt wrote:Failed, but I saw it coming. I'll get it next time.

On another note..does the pass list seem strangely short?

Doing a quick Excel copy/paste, it looks like a little less than 655 passed. Werent there 1200 or 1300 takers??

I am so grateful that I passed -- but it was my 3rd state bar (licensed in HI and VA, and now TX).

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm

wtfdoidonow wrote:
chpvtt wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:Failed. Second time. I'm not even angry/distraught like last time.... I'm just embarrassed. It was hard enough telling friends/fam I failed once.... Fuck. Guess I'm packing up my office on Monday b/c no way they're keeping me now
Keep your head up! Don't be so quick to "pack up". You never know!
Thanks for the encouragement, I guess we'll see next week.

Also to answer your other post - YEP that list is suuuuper short. For a split second I had hope that maybe the list glitched while loading and left chunks out :(
That's exactly what I thought to! I kept refreshing the page hoping my name would pop up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

po1

New

Post by po1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

BVest wrote:Stats are not up yet either, but they will go up here: https://ble.texas.gov/2017feb

I have no idea how many total takers there were this year and what the mix of first-time/repeaters was, but there are 606 names on the list this year, compared to 806 the last two Februarys and 789 the previous February.
The lady on the microphone at the bar exam site said there was approximately 1400 people taking the test

CharlieAvocado

New

Post by CharlieAvocado » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

chpvtt wrote:

For some reason I just remember that lady saying we had 1400 students taking it this February. Correct me if I'm wrong. But whether it was 1400, or even 1200, that's nearly 50% of test-takers failing. Seriously, wtf?
I thought I heard 1800. I remember thinking there were 100 per section, and then however many sections, that's how many took it. Were there only 14 sections, not 18? Crazy short list either way.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:38 pm

kawikav wrote:Doing a quick Excel copy/paste, it looks like a little less than 655 passed.
This is what I did, but I took out the letter headers and the "Top" links. 606.

As for takers, last few Februarys have been 1350-1450 range.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I didn't pass! But I'm ok!! Just waiting to see what I need to improve on!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kawikav

New

Post by kawikav » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:41 pm

BVest wrote:
kawikav wrote:Doing a quick Excel copy/paste, it looks like a little less than 655 passed.
This is what I did, but I took out the letter headers and the "Top" links. 606.

As for takers, last few Februarys have been 1350-1450 range.

that number is brutal. man.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Mckay wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Mckay wrote:Thank you so much. My son is definitely a keeper. My four kids and husband, like all your families, have put up with a lot. This is their 3rd bar exam with me - three different states. I don't think I want to move again after this!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully results post SOON!
Did you pass all of them?

I passed the two other states, but, don't know on this one. I had a nasty concussion just a while before the exam. I spent lots of time studying, but, sometimes, I read an essay question thinking I had never done it before, only to see on the answer page that I had already done it and thoroughly outlined it. I did not remember a thing, even on reading my own notes. So, this time is different for me. I don't know if I recalled enough to get by on this one. I am praying - with all of you!

Are you ok? How'd you do?

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm

po1 wrote:PASSED! 2nd time taker!!!!!
What did you do different? This was my first time and I didn't pass!!Just waiting for my scores now... What did you focus or did different? just for the curiosity...

jcsmith

New

Post by jcsmith » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Are we even getting the letters today?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:56 pm

dtjustice wrote:
Mckay wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
Mckay wrote:Thank you so much. My son is definitely a keeper. My four kids and husband, like all your families, have put up with a lot. This is their 3rd bar exam with me - three different states. I don't think I want to move again after this!

I passed the two other states, but, don't know on this one. I had a nasty concussion just a while before the exam. I spent lots of time studying, but, sometimes, I read an essay question thinking I had never done it before, only to see on the answer page that I had already done it and thoroughly outlined it. I did not remember a thing, even on reading my own notes. So, this time is different for me. I don't know if I recalled enough to get by on this one. I am praying - with all of you!

same question to you to! how'd you do? are you okay?

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

chpvtt wrote:
dtjustice wrote:
Mckay wrote:
maxmartin wrote:

same question to you to! how'd you do? are you okay?

Oh for some reason this has set me on fire, I'm soooo motivated to study and master this puppy next February. I am so glad I wasn't thinking of July ....with a low pass rate, I need all the time I can get.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:09 pm

This is my second time sitting for the exam and I didn't pass. Not sure if I want to take it again.. and even if I did, when. Ugh.

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:12 pm

_cant_deal wrote:This is my second time sitting for the exam and I didn't pass. Not sure if I want to take it again.. and even if I did, when. Ugh.
You've made it this far, don't give up! What's another test and a few months? 3rd time's the charm. As for when...do you think you'll be ready for July? Do you have other commitments?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sg832

New

Post by sg832 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Passed!!! Thank God.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm

chpvtt wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:This is my second time sitting for the exam and I didn't pass. Not sure if I want to take it again.. and even if I did, when. Ugh.
You've made it this far, don't give up! What's another test and a few months? 3rd time's the charm. As for when...do you think you'll be ready for July? Do you have other commitments?

Thanks for the encouragement! This test is so draining. Your entire life is on hold when you study. I just don't know.

wtfdoidonow

New

Post by wtfdoidonow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Right there with you. I know this might change in a few days - but I just don't have it in me for a third try yet. I can't deal with failing again.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 pm

wtfdoidonow wrote:
Right there with you. I know this might change in a few days - but I just don't have it in me for a third try yet. I can't deal with failing again.

I hear you. It's too much. Frankly, I am not even sure I would take BarBri again if I decided to sit for the exam.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chpvtt

New

Post by chpvtt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

_cant_deal wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:

I hear you. It's too much. Frankly, I am not even sure I would take BarBri again if I decided to sit for the exam.
Speaking of BarBri, does anyone felt like it helped? That's a ton of money to throw into something that didn't get results.

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm

_cant_deal wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:

How did the people on this forum pass? Did they take course? I am not sure some People say that course is just a waste of money... others say that course helps you a lot.. how do we know? can someone who passed advice us, please? Thanks

kawikav

New

Post by kawikav » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Hottexas wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:

How did the people on this forum pass? Did they take course? I am not sure some People say that course is just a waste of money... others say that course helps you a lot.. how do we know? can someone who passed advice us, please? Thanks
I used Kaplan's full course, and I also bought the baroutlines.com package for TX, which was helpful for another take on the law, or a different outline.

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm

_cant_deal wrote:
wtfdoidonow wrote:

I don't know that BarBri would offer you any additional information, I think it's more focusing more on areas you struggled with. You've learned a pattern or schedule from BarBri that you could do on your own (Unless they offer a free retake cost of course). You may feel a lot better when you see your grade break down. I know that will be helpful to me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”