NY Admission Application Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: NY Admission Application

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:17 pm

MinnieMouse wrote:Has anyone from 3rd Dept received any confirmation for the interview or swear-in already?
yes

MinnieMouse

New

Post by MinnieMouse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:13 pm

ArtistOfManliness wrote:
MinnieMouse wrote:Has anyone from 3rd Dept received any confirmation for the interview or swear-in already?
yes
How long did it take after your package was received by them?

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Post by ChocolateTruffle » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 pm

I received confirmation that the Third Department received my application on November 9, but still no interview date! :oops:

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:38 pm

MinnieMouse wrote:
ArtistOfManliness wrote:
yes
Rec'd confirmation of receipt at the end of October. Got interview date a week ago.

synergy

New

Post by synergy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:28 am

Hi all. I'm in the middle of gathering all of the legal affidavits and just had a random question. Does anybody know at what point in the process we have to pay the bar dues? Do we pay after the interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 am

You have to pay the $375 fee upfront so before the interview otherwise you are not allowed to be sworn.

I paid mine like 2 weeks before and receiced a confirmation of my interview this way.

Fertile Octogenarian

New

Post by Fertile Octogenarian » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 am

Is it possible to hand-deliver the application packet to the 1st Dept.? Wondering if I can cut out the inevitable delay that USPS will cause in this process.

MinnieMouse

New

Post by MinnieMouse » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:54 pm

ArtistOfManliness wrote:
MinnieMouse wrote:
ArtistOfManliness wrote:
yes
Rec'd confirmation of receipt at the end of October. Got interview date a week ago.

Great to know. Thanks!

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:35 am

Fertile Octogenarian wrote:Is it possible to hand-deliver the application packet to the 1st Dept.? Wondering if I can cut out the inevitable delay that USPS will cause in this process.

yup! i work nearby so i just dropped it off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone had trouble with previous employers note responding to requests to fill out affidavits? Idk what to do..

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:00 am

Document the attempts

dlaw7566

New

Post by dlaw7566 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:56 am

HonestAdvice wrote:Document the attempts
Then submit your own affidavit detailing everything you did to try to reach them.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 pm

raptors_delight wrote:FYI: I received an interview date. Second Department; submitted application a little more than two weeks ago.
How much longer after this did you find out about when you'd be admitted?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

raptors_delight

New

Post by raptors_delight » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
raptors_delight wrote:FYI: I received an interview date. Second Department; submitted application a little more than two weeks ago.
Still waiting to hear back. Interviewer said that I should expect to get an admission date within a few days, but it's been about two weeks and the Second Department says they still haven't received my paperwork from the interview.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:23 pm

raptors_delight wrote:
Mlk&Ckies wrote:
Still waiting to hear back. Interviewer said that I should expect to get an admission date within a few days, but it's been about two weeks and the Second Department says they still haven't received my paperwork from the interview.
Booooooooooo

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 pm

raptors_delight wrote:
Mlk&Ckies wrote:
Contact the office that interviewed you. The C&F committee member who interviewed me also has her own practice so I'm sure they're focusing on other things, and I'm sure she's not the only one. From my experience with the interview process, they can be pretty slow for this reason and need the follow up.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm

hey ppl. Got my provisional license suspended for
3 months when I was 17 for driving with too many passengers (2 instead of 1). Disclosed it obv but am I gonna run into a prob with this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yodamiked

Bronze

Post by yodamiked » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm

iwantmybar wrote:You have to pay the $375 fee upfront so before the interview otherwise you are not allowed to be sworn.

I paid mine like 2 weeks before and receiced a confirmation of my interview this way.
How do you pay the fees? I haven't paid anything, but I still have an interview scheduled.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't notice it was included in the interview email. That was a close one, because I definitely didn't see that earlier.
Last edited by yodamiked on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:10 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:hey ppl. Got my provisional license suspended for
3 months when I was 17 for driving with too many passengers (2 instead of 1). Disclosed it obv but am I gonna run into a prob with this?
I'd think no.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 pm

yodamiked wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:You have to pay the $375 fee upfront so before the interview otherwise you are not allowed to be sworn.

How do you pay the fees? I haven't paid anything, but I still have an interview scheduled.

Edit: Never mind. Didn't notice it was included in the interview email. That was a close one, because I definitely didn't see that earlier.
Reading... it's a bitch.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:57 pm

QuasiINrem wrote:
ChocolateTruffle wrote:I don't think I'll be driving a few hours just to hand deliver an application!

So I have extra pages of employment history. Do I put those with the rest of the employment history in the application, or do I put them at the end of the application? I basically printed pages 4-6 again, so there is a bit at the top that I crossed out and a bit at the end I crossed out that is not part of the employment history on the repeat pages. But if I put them right after the employment history section in my application, then the first part of question 16 will be separated from the second part of it which appears on page 7... Opinions?! Thanks!
I put my extra employment pages with the employment history not at the back. I needed 3 extra pages. I'm figured they can just always go back to my answers onquestion 16 after checking my employment history
I found this through a search, so I'm sorry to necro this post! Did BOLE give either of you any trouble for including the extra employment history in the middle of the application question? I was just going to make a bunch of copies of page 5 and stick it in the middle of employment, followed by page 6 when I reach the end of my jobs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 pm

I made a rider and attached it to the app. I didn’t use the same page, I just made tables in word w the same info. No app problems.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:I made a rider and attached it to the app. I didn’t use the same page, I just made tables in word w the same info. No app problems.
Yeah I was thinking about doing that otherwise - probably safer. Thanks Mlk&Ckies!!

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 pm

2nd Department... anyone know if its okay to have my long time friend, who is a 1L at a law school that i did not attend, fill out one of the character forms? The instructions mention it can't be another applicant. I don't believe she is considered an applicant if she's only a 1L- but does anyone know for sure? TIA

rkreymer

Bronze

Post by rkreymer » Wed May 09, 2018 4:15 pm

JD28 wrote:2nd Department... anyone know if its okay to have my long time friend, who is a 1L at a law school that i did not attend, fill out one of the character forms? The instructions mention it can't be another applicant. I don't believe she is considered an applicant if she's only a 1L- but does anyone know for sure? TIA

I had one of my law school friends fill one out for me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”