I think I failed the DC bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
longtimelurker123

New

I think I failed the DC bar

Post by longtimelurker123 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm

delete
Last edited by longtimelurker123 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fearless16

New

Re: I think I failed the DC bar

Post by fearless16 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Wow! This is the EXACT assessment of my performance. Totally messed up the DCC and power of attorney essays. Felt OK on the other four and solid on the MPT.

Manageable AM MBE; WTF MBE in the PM. If it's any consolation, all the chatter I heard after the morning essays resembled this discussion. People were seriously unhappy about that Con Law essay.

Youppi

New

Post by Youppi » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 pm

longtimelurker123 wrote:Failed NY bar in July due to a computer crash leaving me with zero points on an essay. I had 160 scaled MBE score.

Sucked it up and transferred my MBE to DC where I am 1st year v30 associate. Only took 1.5 weeks off to study.

I needed a 133 scaled on MEE.

I feel like i failed.

Completely caught off guard by two essays (dormant commerce clause and power of attorney). Forgot the rules entirely and just made some stuff up.

Feel okay but not great about the other 4 essays. My 2 MPTs had good structure but I left out a lot of relevant facts due to time constraints.
Had you already passed the bar elsewhere?

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:00 am

Last edited by longtimelurker123 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cutthroat123

New

Post by Cutthroat123 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 am

deleted

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyfailedjuly2015

New

Post by nyfailedjuly2015 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:12 pm

longtimelurker123 wrote:Failed NY bar in July due to a computer crash leaving me with zero points on an essay. I had 160 scaled MBE score.
I don't know anything about the DC bar, but let me just say that they fucking robbed you and they should not have let you fail because of that.

StaceyS

New

Post by StaceyS » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:32 am

nyfailedjuly2015 wrote:
I don't know anything about the DC bar, but let me just say that they fucking robbed you and they should not have let you fail because of that.
I agree...I am really, really sorry that happened to you. I hope you got it this time...even though you don't feel great, I don't think many of us do.

I totally bombed the LLP question. I was told it was highly unlikely they would test LLPs this time so I didn't even read an outline on it. Just made up random things. I feel okay about the other 5 essays...but, it's scary to think bombing just one essay can make you fail. :(

Best of luck to you!

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:13 am

Last edited by longtimelurker123 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:18 pm

I passed!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

barman143

New

Post by barman143 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:56 pm

congrats man!!!

wow at your NY MBE score.

fearless16

New

Post by fearless16 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Congratulations!!!!! This gives me a little, teeny, tiny bit of hope!

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Sucked it up and transferred my MBE to DC where I am 1st year v30 associate. Only took 1.5 weeks off to study.

I feel like i failed.

Completely caught off guard by two essays (dormant commerce clause and power of attorney). Forgot the rules entirely and just made some stuff up.

Feel okay but not great about the other 4 essays. My 2 MPTs had good structure but I left out a lot of relevant facts due to time constraints.

Pulling it off in the clutch :!: :idea: 8)

160 MBE is impressive. You da man or woman.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri May 06, 2016 10:26 pm

With a 160 MBE, I think you could pass any state that allows a transfer of an MBE score.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 am

Attually, it doesn't matter that I had a 160 the first time, only that I got above 133. Because of the the way DC is set up, if you waive your MBE, all MBE scores count as only 133 after waiving. So 160, 190, and 133 all count as 133.

That's why I was so nervous about failing, I still had to get a 133 on the essays (to get a 266 total) - regardless of how high my waived MBE was.

Kalani111 wrote:

I feel like i failed.

Thanks! I appreciate it!!!
fearless16 wrote:Congratulations!!!!! This gives me a little, teeny, tiny bit of hope!
From the way you described it in your past post, I think things are looking good for you (knock on wood*)!

achewood

New

Post by achewood » Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Quick question for DC Bar takers: has anyone received an official letter in the mail? I'm hoping that we'll have swearing-in info soon.

refinedwarrior

New

Post by refinedwarrior » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:29 pm

I am taking the July essay exam because I was able to transfer my MBE from VA. With a combination of factors including treatment for health and work/commuting 150 mi day, I have not bee able to give much time to studying. I can give much more starting from today. Should I give up or will I be able to possibly get myself prepared for the DC essay exam in July given I have June and much of July? Study tips? Resources used that are free?

refinedwarrior

New

Post by refinedwarrior » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:31 pm

longtimelurker123 wrote:Attually, it doesn't matter that I had a 160 the first time, only that I got above 133. Because of the the way DC is set up, if you waive your MBE, all MBE scores count as only 133 after waiving. So 160, 190, and 133 all count as 133.

That's why I was so nervous about failing, I still had to get a 133 on the essays (to get a 266 total) - regardless of how high my waived MBE was.

Kalani111 wrote:

I feel like i failed.

fearless16 wrote:Congratulations!!!!! This gives me a little, teeny, tiny bit of hope!
From the way you described it in your past post, I think things are looking good for you (knock on wood*)!
I never knew that about the way the score transfers. That sucks. So my score only counts as a 133 even though it's higher? ugh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 am

refinedwarrior wrote:
longtimelurker123 wrote:Attually, it doesn't matter that I had a 160 the first time, only that I got above 133. Because of the the way DC is set up, if you waive your MBE, all MBE scores count as only 133 after waiving. So 160, 190, and 133 all count as 133.

Kalani111 wrote:

I feel like i failed.

I never knew that about the way the score transfers. That sucks. So my score only counts as a 133 even though it's higher? ugh.
Yep. It blows.

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:23 am

refinedwarrior wrote:I am taking the July essay exam because I was able to transfer my MBE from VA. With a combination of factors including treatment for health and work/commuting 150 mi day, I have not bee able to give much time to studying. I can give much more starting from today. Should I give up or will I be able to possibly get myself prepared for the DC essay exam in July given I have June and much of July? Study tips? Resources used that are free?
Totally possible. I counted 70 total hours of studying as the total amount that I studied for the DC essay.

refinedwarrior

New

Post by refinedwarrior » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:28 pm

longtimelurker123 wrote:
refinedwarrior wrote:I am taking the July essay exam because I was able to transfer my MBE from VA. With a combination of factors including treatment for health and work/commuting 150 mi day, I have not bee able to give much time to studying. I can give much more starting from today. Should I give up or will I be able to possibly get myself prepared for the DC essay exam in July given I have June and much of July? Study tips? Resources used that are free?
Totally possible. I counted 70 total hours of studying as the total amount that I studied for the DC essay.
Omg thanks so much!!! SO much! Feeling better now. How did you prepare and what did you put more time into - MEE or MPT?

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:47 pm

refinedwarrior wrote:
longtimelurker123 wrote:
Omg thanks so much!!! SO much! Feeling better now. How did you prepare and what did you put more time into - MEE or MPT?
Sorry for the very late response. I'm not really responding to you at this point (since I'm guessing you took the exam already) but just in case any passer-byers come across this: I did nothing but use an old Themis outline and take practice exams.

I barely studied MPT. all I did was outline 1 MPT (which took 30 minutes). the other 69.5 hours was devoted to practice exams and trying to memorize old themis outlines.

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:02 pm

longtimelurker123 wrote:
refinedwarrior wrote:
longtimelurker123 wrote:
Sorry for the very late response. I'm not really responding to you at this point (since I'm guessing you took the exam already) but just in case any passer-byers come across this: I did nothing but use an old Themis outline and take practice exams.

I barely studied MPT. all I did was outline 1 MPT (which took 30 minutes). the other 69.5 hours was devoted to practice exams and trying to memorize old themis outlines.
Do you have any study materials you could provide me with? Olympias@protonmail.com thank you :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”