SOUTH CAROLINA BAR EXAM Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lek1899

New

SOUTH CAROLINA BAR EXAM

Post by lek1899 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:13 am

It seems nearly impossible to find anyone else taking this exam.

I've heard that SC always does their essays in the same order. For instance essay one is always domestic relations and equity.
Has anyone else heard this? If you have please let me know. Would be super helpful for cramming purposes if I knew which topics were tested each day.

Thanks!

Anoni-mous

New

Re: SOUTH CAROLINA BAR EXAM

Post by Anoni-mous » Fri May 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Bump? I'm looking for more info on the SC exam. Planning on taking this one Feb. 2018.

eddieg803

New

Post by eddieg803 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 pm

SC bar is the Uniform Bar Exam now. MBE + 6 essays + 2x MPT.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon May 08, 2017 11:03 am

Checking in!
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:32 am

Bump to ask if anyone has heard anything more specific notification-date-wise than "late October/early November" from reliable sources? Deceptivelyblonde's blog says it's always a Friday. Last year it was October 21st, based on the pass list URL. Was hoping it might be earlier this year with the UBE.... :?
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:42 am

Checking in. Here's to hoping the UBE speeds up the process a bit

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Anyone know historically how much notice we get before the results come out? Sounds like not much notice, but are we thinking one day? A week?
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am

NoDayButToday wrote:Anyone know historically how much notice we get before the results come out? Sounds like not much notice, but are we thinking one day? A week?
So I don't really know about the notice but the general consensus I am seeing with my friends from school is we should expect results Oct. 27th. Its roughly 2 weeks after the Course of Study is due, and the last Friday of the month. I'm guessing we will get some form of communication next week after the 15th since they should have everything they need from us at that point

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 am

CoffeeIsLife wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:Anyone know historically how much notice we get before the results come out? Sounds like not much notice, but are we thinking one day? A week?
So I don't really know about the notice but the general consensus I am seeing with my friends from school is we should expect results Oct. 27th. Its roughly 2 weeks after the Course of Study is due, and the last Friday of the month. I'm guessing we will get some form of communication next week after the 15th since they should have everything they need from us at that point
Thank you. Waah. Was hoping maybe it would be next Friday. Or even today...! Most people I've spoken with do seem to be predicting either the 20th or the 27th. Your/your friends' reasoning makes sense, though.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

carolinagc23

New

Post by carolinagc23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 pm

I couldn't remember how they did it in February, but I remembered that there was almost no notice before they announced.

I just went back to sccourts.org ... they posted on 4/26 that the results would be released on 4/28...

I remember calling and asking the Bar Admissions office if they had a ballpark timeframe for the release date because it felt like we were the last state in the country to get results back based on other threads in this forum... all they would say is "the only thing I can tell you is that it will be soon."

falcons123

New

Post by falcons123 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 am

I got a phone call today from the bar admissions office saying they hadn't received my fingerprints yet and I would need to get that in if I wanted to be sworn in the November ceremony. I asked if she could give any indication as to results release date and said no but then we spoke candidly and hypothetically and she did strongly indicate that the release date was coming up very soon and definitely before the end of October.

As an aside... I took in February and didn't pass, and hadn't submitted my fingerprints (I was waiting for results before I paid the extra 50 bucks to do that) and I never received a phone call making sure my application was complete leading up to the release in April. So here's to hoping I got called because my name will be on the pass list this time and they wanted to make sure everything in order. Fingers crossed.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 am

Falcons, that sounds positive! I don't know why they'd bother with that depth of C&F if you weren't on the pass list. Good luck to you and hope so!

Thanks for the info Carolinagc23. Ugh lol

Guess we can just hang in there and hope for the best. It's either a week away or two weeks away. Guess we've made it eleven, so *shrug* what's one or two more weeks.

Incidentally, a friend who observed that they're always 8 weeks for February; 12 for July pointed out to me that this is week 12. So hopefully this Friday.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am

I went back and looked. They released last year on 10/21 so I think there is a real possibility that we get results on Friday. If that's the case I'm going to be a nervous wreck at work on Friday

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 am

CoffeeIsLife wrote:I went back and looked. They released last year on 10/21 so I think there is a real possibility that we get results on Friday. If that's the case I'm going to be a nervous wreck at work on Friday
The four new people in my office aren't expected to come in apparently lol

And yeah I do think it will be this Friday--and that we will have confirmation of that on Wednesday.

Really hope so anyway.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolinagc23

New

Post by carolinagc23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 pm

has anyone gotten a call from the Office of Bar Admissions like Falcon mentioned in the post above? I have not an am hoping that it isn't a bad sign lol

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:54 pm

carolinagc23 wrote:has anyone gotten a call from the Office of Bar Admissions like Falcon mentioned in the post above? I have not an am hoping that it isn't a bad sign lol
I haven't gotten any sort of call, but I did turn my fingerprints in this past Spring

falcons123

New

Post by falcons123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 pm

carolinagc23 wrote:has anyone gotten a call from the Office of Bar Admissions like Falcon mentioned in the post above? I have not an am hoping that it isn't a bad sign lol
Haha im sure it isnt a bad sign. If you turned all your stuff in then they have no reason to reach out. I HOPE them reaching out was a good sign for me but in reality it's probably just my anxious mind reaching for some hope. We'll see very soon... I'm thinking end of this week. One more week of everyone asking and I may just lose it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am

falcons123 wrote:
Haha im sure it isnt a bad sign. If you turned all your stuff in then they have no reason to reach out. I HOPE them reaching out was a good sign for me but in reality it's probably just my anxious mind reaching for some hope. We'll see very soon... I'm thinking end of this week. One more week of everyone asking and I may just lose it.
I haven't gotten any emails or calls from the bar, but when I called them to confirm receipt of COS attendance, they reminded me to update all my stuff on the Part A section of the application (changing out of state DL to SC DL; updating work history to reflect new fall start job; etc.). I'd totally forgotten about that, so was glad for the reminder. Lots of friends also needed to update when I spread the word about that to my SC bar takers friend text chain lol--so no stress if you haven't updated yours either, I think. (but probably a good idea do it)

Anyway, yeah, I didn't know what to make of that. Falcons, your experience sounds more like an indication of pass because getting fingerprints is tedious, time-consuming, and expensive so I would hope they wouldn't make you finish like right now that if you hadn't passed. I didn't have the same read for my conversation because I felt like it was an easy ask.

Edit: I did have a letter way back in like March or April asking me to explain what they perceived as a discrepancy in the information I'd reported to the bar vs. what an organization had reported, but that was NBD and it was also before the July administration.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

NoDayButToday wrote:
falcons123 wrote:
I haven't gotten any emails or calls from the bar, but when I called them to confirm receipt of COS attendance, they reminded me to update all my stuff on the Part A section of the application (changing out of state DL to SC DL; updating work history to reflect new fall start job; etc.). I'd totally forgotten about that, so was glad for the reminder. Lots of friends also needed to update when I spread the word about that to my SC bar takers friend text chain lol--so no stress if you haven't updated yours either, I think. (but probably a good idea do it)

Anyway, yeah, I didn't know what to make of that. Falcons, your experience sounds more like an indication of pass because getting fingerprints is tedious, time-consuming, and expensive so I would hope they wouldn't make you finish like right now that if you hadn't passed. I didn't have the same read for my conversation because I felt like it was an easy ask.

Edit: I did have a letter way back in like March or April asking me to explain what they perceived as a discrepancy in the information I'd reported to the bar vs. what an organization had reported, but that was NBD and it was also before the July administration.
Thanks for this, I had forgotten to update my job information and just knocked that out today.

usclaw2017

New

Post by usclaw2017 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:26 am

Anyone else wondering if there are any other updates? Or have any insight?

falcons123

New

Post by falcons123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm not proud of how many times I have refreshed the judicial website so far today haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 pm

falcons123 wrote:I'm not proud of how many times I have refreshed the judicial website so far today haha
Um, same.

Lol and @usclaw, sorry no, I wish :(
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

falcons123

New

Post by falcons123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 pm

I have gotten more work done in the office this week than in the last month combined haha. I am just trying to keep this damn clock moving. I'm sure it is going to end up being next week now... just to torture us more.

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Its looking more and more like we won't be getting results here this week . . .

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:30 pm

CoffeeIsLife wrote:Its looking more and more like we won't be getting results here this week . . .
I'm worried about that because Virginia and Georgia are both supposed to be next Friday, according to the blogger who posts about all the state bar results haha. Worried SC would feel empowered to follow suit.

We'll know tomorrow, one way or the other, if it's going to be this week.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”