MBE Material Question (Kaplan PMBR) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BrokenMouse

Silver

MBE Material Question (Kaplan PMBR)

Post by BrokenMouse » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenMouse

Silver

Re: MBE Material Question (Kaplan PMBR)

Post by BrokenMouse » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawbosscalif

New

Post by lawbosscalif » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 pm

The 2015 version and I think 2014 have Civ Pro questions. Kaplan's are MBE simulated questions, not actual MBEs. I have a complete set of 2015 California Kaplan books for sale if interested, FYI. PM me.

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:29 am

lawbosscalif

New

Post by lawbosscalif » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:09 pm

BrokenMouse wrote:Yes but I heard Kaplan's questions are still much closer to the real MBE than Barbri.

Does anybody know if Kaplan's previous versions of the PMBR contain pretty much the same questions as the newer? There are about 1K pages worth for each version and I'm wondering if they rewrote anew all subsequent versions or it's pretty much the same but repackaged.
That might have been true in the past... but let me tell you. I took July 2014 and I know plenty of people who took February 14 and July 15 and today's MBEs on the actual exam are NOTHING like the MBEs that the test companies use. Don't get me wrong they help you are still excellent practice but even Kaplan's MBEs are NOTHING like the real deal. Today's MBE's have very little or no resemblance to past released MBE's by the NCBE. They have really changed things up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:54 am

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:43 am

I have to disagree with the other person. I found Kaplan's MBE book (2014/5 purple book) to be good preparation for the February and July 2015 bar exams. I passed in both states. Only one state told me my scaled MBE score, but the score was high enough (159) that I feel confident recommending Kaplan. Also, I thought Kaplan's Civ Pro MBE Qs were pretty close to the real ones.

I've not seen the PMBR books in person, so I can't say if the questions are the same or similar.

Cscottrun

New

Post by Cscottrun » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:53 am

I had access to Barbri's, Kaplan's, Pieper's, and Emmanuel's MBE questions. Kaplan's were by far the closest to the real thing.

This was the Kaplan book: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A ... L1500_.jpg

I will say though, while I found Kaplan's the best, NONE of them actually prepared me for the MBE like I expected they would. Like others have said, the questions on the MBE in July were barely recognizable to me. I scored about a 150. Kaplan also had the best explanations.

Everyone talks about how Emmanuel's MBE questions are real. I found them way easier than the real thing, and way easier than the other companies. Also, Emmanuel's book is kind of small.

lawbosscalif

New

Post by lawbosscalif » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:55 pm

BrokenMouse wrote:
lawbosscalif wrote:
BrokenMouse wrote:Yes but I heard Kaplan's questions are still much closer to the real MBE than Barbri.

Does anybody know if Kaplan's previous versions of the PMBR contain pretty much the same questions as the newer? There are about 1K pages worth for each version and I'm wondering if they rewrote anew all subsequent versions or it's pretty much the same but repackaged.
That might have been true in the past... but let me tell you. I took July 2014 and I know plenty of people who took February 14 and July 15 and today's MBEs on the actual exam are NOTHING like the MBEs that the test companies use. Don't get me wrong they help you are still excellent practice but even Kaplan's MBEs are NOTHING like the real deal. Today's MBE's have very little or no resemblance to past released MBE's by the NCBE. They have really changed things up.
So how do we prepare for them? I took Barbri and I was caught off guard just how different real MBE was. Barbri essay was excellent though,
By doing as many questions as possible and knowing all the nuances. It will still be a crap shoot as the actual questions are VERY different from the Kaplan prep but it's the best you can do... Everyone is in the same position.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”