PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam??? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawst_

New

Re: PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam???

Post by lawst_ » Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I passed my fourth time around. Say what you will about failing 3 times, but passing on the fourth was probably one of the best moments in my life.

I got lucky and chose a career path that's JD-advantage (and planned to do this even before taking the bar) so passing didn't matter as much for my job, but I'm thankful for future doors it may open.

But probably what I'm most thankful for is just the relief of putting it behind me, and also being able to let family and friends know I finally passed. I didn't tell anyone I was taking the bar this last time around. Everyone assumed that I had given up. So when I finally called them, I apologized for being covert about taking this bar and then was able to give them the good news they'd been waiting for for almost 2 years.

It's really nice to finally join my friends and classmates who passed the first and second time around. Plus it's neat to look up at my "Congratulations on passing the February 2017 bar examination" letter every single day.

Oh, and I like having my life back. No more studying, no more books and note cards and outlines scattered around my place. No more not being able to sleep, or waking up to nightmares about the bar or reciting rules of law.

lawst_

New

Re: PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam???

Post by lawst_ » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm

crimsontide wrote:I'm really thankful that I passed b/c my parents can finally get off my back, my boyfriend has bragging rights, and my mom can finally stop telling me I'll be homeless b/c I don't have bar passage and my bf "only" has a masters. (Oh, ethnic parents...). Last Christmas, my mom yelled at me in a restaurant and made me cry after the third time I failed. I was miserable X(

And now, she wants to be all "buddy-buddy" with me and brags to all her friends that she and my dad are the reason I passed. HA. More like, a tutor whose unconventional methods scared the bejeezus out of me more than the exam itself, and my then-boss who was very pro-law school. Not to mention my bf who buys me magnets/cute items that say "live the life you love" and other such inspirational things. Right now, I'm in a JD-advantage senior position, I'm approaching 30, and a lot of firms don't want to hire b/c I have zero practicing experience but whatever, I passed lol.

I guess I'm taking it as a sign from the universe that somehow, someway, everything will be fine. That I no longer have to feel I'm living in a shadow of myself, and the person I might have become, and that I can focus on my future--a new leaf in the book, a new chapter in my life so to speak.

I'm in a serious relationship but I always used to have nightmares I'd end up marrying then have to study for the bar while heavily pregnant, or I'd have to explain to grandkids why I failed the bar over and over again.

4th time's the charm...
I swear I feel like we're twins! And I feel you with the parent guilt/shaming us and making us cry over not passing.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 am

I"m thankful to be able to support my friends who are now waiting or taking the bar exam (with confidence)

unlvcrjchick

New

Post by unlvcrjchick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:39 am

Utah July 2017 was my second bar exam, which I took 9 years after the first one.

First, I'm thankful that I didn't quit during the morning session on the first day, on essay #2. I had spent 45 minutes on that goddamn fireworks torts question, so I was already frazzled when getting to the second essay. Then I read the essay two or three times, and I just couldn't figure out if it was a con law or a civ pro question (it was the former). So at that point, and with no sleep the night before (fireworks going off on Pioneer Day: again, fuck fireworks), I had a near panic attack. Thankfully after about 5-10 minutes of even more wasted time, I got my shit together and proceeded to answer the rest of the essays out of order, doing my strongest subjects first. By the time I got to the second essay at the very end, and with only 20 minutes remaining, I instantly figured out it was a con law 11th amendment question, which was a weird choice for a con law essay but whatever.

Second, I'm thankful that I didn't have to tell my firm, who paid for everything, that I failed; that was a conversation I was convinced I'd have to have, especially since a colleague of mine who practices in the same field as I failed the same exam two times before finally passing the exam with me. So we will be drinking on swearing in day!

Third, I'm thankful that my 60+ hour work schedule, my Cozumel trip in June, and my attending San Diego Comic Con just days prior to the bar didn't prevent me from passing! And yes, I attended SDCC right before the NV bar exam, too; I figured that if I didn't know the material less than a week before the exam, I was fucked anyway.

Finally, I am thankful that my score is high enough to transfer to all UBE jurisdictions. No more bar exams for me; it was definitely harder the second time around with the job. To those of you who have a choice, don't work during bar prep if you can avoid it. But if you have no choice, just know that you can still pass. Also don't panic and quit during the exam: just take a deep breath and move on to other questions to build up your confidence.

Good luck to those who are still waiting or who have yet to take the bar exam.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm

unlvcrjchick wrote:Utah July 2017 was my second bar exam, which I took 9 years after the first one.

First, I'm thankful that I didn't quit during the morning session on the first day, on essay #2. I had spent 45 minutes on that goddamn fireworks torts question, so I was already frazzled when getting to the second essay. Then I read the essay two or three times, and I just couldn't figure out if it was a con law or a civ pro question (it was the former). So at that point, and with no sleep the night before (fireworks going off on Pioneer Day: again, fuck fireworks), I had a near panic attack. Thankfully after about 5-10 minutes of even more wasted time, I got my shit together and proceeded to answer the rest of the essays out of order, doing my strongest subjects first. By the time I got to the second essay at the very end, and with only 20 minutes remaining, I instantly figured out it was a con law 11th amendment question, which was a weird choice for a con law essay but whatever.

Second, I'm thankful that I didn't have to tell my firm, who paid for everything, that I failed; that was a conversation I was convinced I'd have to have, especially since a colleague of mine who practices in the same field as I failed the same exam two times before finally passing the exam with me. So we will be drinking on swearing in day!

Third, I'm thankful that my 60+ hour work schedule, my Cozumel trip in June, and my attending San Diego Comic Con just days prior to the bar didn't prevent me from passing! And yes, I attended SDCC right before the NV bar exam, too; I figured that if I didn't know the material less than a week before the exam, I was fucked anyway.

Finally, I am thankful that my score is high enough to transfer to all UBE jurisdictions. No more bar exams for me; it was definitely harder the second time around with the job. To those of you who have a choice, don't work during bar prep if you can avoid it. But if you have no choice, just know that you can still pass. Also don't panic and quit during the exam: just take a deep breath and move on to other questions to build up your confidence.

Congratulations! I was just curious if they post the Utah Bar Exam results online? I am not able to find anything or any statistics.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm thankful I don't have to watch another video with Chuck from Barbri ever again

unlvcrjchick

New

Post by unlvcrjchick » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
unlvcrjchick wrote:Utah July 2017 was my second bar exam, which I took 9 years after the first one.

Congratulations! I was just curious if they post the Utah Bar Exam results online? I am not able to find anything or any statistics.
Thank you! Utah emailed me the results. My understanding is that they stopped posting the results online after February 2014.

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm thankful I don't have to cancel a vacation in February. More importantly, I'm thankful I don't have to deal with memorizing any more elements of crimes or heartbalm Torts specific to North Carolina.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 pm

No more contracts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Glad that I don't have to deal with the wide range of emotions for another summer and anxiety waiting for the results in the fall. ALSO not having to be extra cautious while driving to avoid C&F issues.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Pass302 wrote:Glad that I don't have to deal with the wide range of emotions for another summer and anxiety waiting for the results in the fall. ALSO not having to be extra cautious while driving to avoid C&F issues.
Lol I got a careless ticket 2 weeks ago and got a quick court date thankfully...obstructing traffic 89 dollar fine in total.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
Pass302 wrote:Glad that I don't have to deal with the wide range of emotions for another summer and anxiety waiting for the results in the fall. ALSO not having to be extra cautious while driving to avoid C&F issues.
Lol I got a careless ticket 2 weeks ago and got a quick court date thankfully...obstructing traffic 89 dollar fine in total.
Well DAMN! Are you going to report it or should I say did you?

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Pass302 wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:
Well DAMN! Are you going to report it or should I say did you?
Already did.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

unlvcrjchick

New

Re: PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam??

Post by unlvcrjchick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 am

Speaking of tickets...I received my first speeding ticket this past June, and I hated having to disclose it to the bar. The only other ticket I had received was 10 years earlier for a moving violation that got reduced to parking. I was worried about the speeding ticket, wondering if the C&F committee would wonder why I could go my entire driving life without a speeding ticket only now to get one. So silly I worried about it but still I did, especially since I had to answer some questions about the circumstances surrounding my honorable military discharge 15 years prior.

Now that my firm wants me to transfer my UBE score to Arizona, I still have to be super cautious about driving. Between that and having to retake the MPRE (Utah accepted my 2008 score but not AZ), it sucks ass!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 am

Post clerkship offer, NY based but they want me to take Calbar. They need to put up at least an additional 40k, pay me to exclusively study, and bennies haha.

I'm tilting to 2 words f*** no.

Not taking a bar 3 years in a row, not happening unless there is $$$$$$$$$$ involved.

Phoenix1234

New

Post by Phoenix1234 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:08 am

Congrats to those who passed!!!

Looking to buy the Barbri Virginia Essay Book and the Barbri Virginia Distinction Book. If you have either, please PM me.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Thankful for this sense of relief. Thankful that I can take over my colleague's case-load on time so he can move on to more challenging cases sooner. More than anything I'm thankful that I don't have to forfeit my free time to a second round of Barbri. I have been reading for fun in every possible waking, non-working moment since I took the July bar. I've read more in these last few months than I did in all of law school. It has been so restorative because I got so burned out by the end of my last semester of school. Reading novels--it's like spiritual food, to borrow a phrase from the church. And now I feel like I can feast to my heart's content. Grateful.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm thankful for not having a panic attack every time I read my email

I'm thankful for being able to show my face at alumni events

I'm thankful for not feeling like crap every time I see another annoying Cellino and Barnes commercial

polkadot12

New

Post by polkadot12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:01 pm

L_William_W wrote:I'm thankful for not having a panic attack every time I read my email

I'm thankful for being able to show my face at alumni events

I'm thankful for not feeling like crap every time I see another annoying Cellino and Barnes commercial

god i hate those commercials. its as though theyre following me around lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”