Patent Bar Advice Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
engineer2law

New

Patent Bar Advice

Post by engineer2law » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Any advice on the best way to study? Do you suggest taking a course or just trying to study the MPEP on your own?

NY_Sea

Bronze

Re: Patent Bar Advice

Post by NY_Sea » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:52 pm

engineer2law wrote:Any advice on the best way to study? Do you suggest taking a course or just trying to study the MPEP on your own?
I picked up an older version (2012) of the PLI course... Studied that and filled in for the changes in the AIA. I also did practice questions... A lot of practice questions. You will see at least 5-6 word for word repeats on the exam if you do enough practice questions.

Good luck!

dat209

New

Post by dat209 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:23 pm

NY_Sea wrote:
engineer2law wrote:Any advice on the best way to study? Do you suggest taking a course or just trying to study the MPEP on your own?
I picked up an older version (2012) of the PLI course... Studied that and filled in for the changes in the AIA. I also did practice questions... A lot of practice questions. You will see at least 5-6 word for word repeats on the exam if you do enough practice questions.

Good luck!
Agreed. Self-studied with Wysebridge, which is a low quality program, but probably good enough to get through. The key is to do a ton of questions so that you can recognize the repeats on the test, know the right answer right away, and quickly move on to the next question.

NY_Sea

Bronze

Post by NY_Sea » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:29 pm

dat209 wrote:
NY_Sea wrote:

Good luck!
Agreed. Self-studied with Wysebridge, which is a low quality program, but probably good enough to get through. The key is to do a ton of questions so that you can recognize the repeats on the test, know the right answer right away, and quickly move on to the next question.
Mypatentbar.com has a bunch of old exams (both the AM and PM session) that I went through over and over and over again until I got 50/50 on almost all of them... Really does two things: 1) Shows you what they like to test on (appeals timeline after final rejection, how to get around 102/103 rejections, etc.) and 2) Actually reinforces the law for you if you read the explanations, cause everyone knows how dull reading MPEP sections is.

As far as I know, there's different versions of Wysebridge and a lot of it is actually copied from the outlines that are on Mypatentbar, except they updated them slightly to take the AIA into account. I wouldn't go much further than their bottom tiered price point. Check Mypatentbar, but take with a grain of salt that the site hasn't been crazy populated in the past few years, so it might not be fully up to date on AIA material.

dovlet

New

Post by dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Try to prepare and do old exams. I have some notes and materials that I prepared. If you fail at once, ask for review sessions ($195) from prometric b/c it is definitely helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”