CRAC vs. IRAC Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

CRAC vs. IRAC

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Personally, I noticed when I used CRAC, my essay scores were higher. Maybe it conveyed confidence as writer, but I used it ever since, even where I was told IRAC was preferred.
Has anyone else specifically used CRAC over other forms and noticed a difference?

joeyc328

Bronze

Re: CRAC vs. IRAC

Post by joeyc328 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:18 pm

I strictly used Crac at on the bar. The reader sees your answer twice.

logdog

Bronze

Post by logdog » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:29 pm

CIRAC

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I can only speak for the 2 BAR exams that I took. It all depends on the format of the state's essays. For instance, in PA the issues are very easy to spot. Each question has 3-4 subparts, and each subpart contains a specific issue to discuss. Often, the issues can be ascertained easily by the specific questions that are asked. So for PA, it was meaningless to include an issue statement. And I didn't do so.

For NJ, the essays were more opened ended. Each essay contained many many issues that you could discuss, and it was impossible to discuss all of the issues. So for that exam, I formatted it by multiple mini-IRAC statements for each question.

Ultimately, my advice (and what I was taught) is to avoid the Issue statement if you possibly can. The exam graders want to see clear concise writing and are more concerned with the application of facts. Repeating an issue statement when it's obvious might actually annoy the exam graders.

TXlawyer17

New

Post by TXlawyer17 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:53 pm

LSATclincher wrote:I can only speak for the 2 BAR exams that I took. It all depends on the format of the state's essays. For instance, in PA the issues are very easy to spot. Each question has 3-4 subparts, and each subpart contains a specific issue to discuss. Often, the issues can be ascertained easily by the specific questions that are asked. So for PA, it was meaningless to include an issue statement. And I didn't do so.

Ultimately, my advice (and what I was taught) is to avoid the Issue statement if you possibly can. The exam graders want to see clear concise writing and are more concerned with the application of facts. Repeating an issue statement when it's obvious might actually annoy the exam graders.
This. I used CRAC over IRAC for the Texas bar exam and scored very high on the essays (based on my MBE and cumulative score). The question sub-parts contain the issue to discuss so repeating it is a waste of time when you should be applying the law to the facts.

NY_Sea

Bronze

Post by NY_Sea » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:58 pm

logdog wrote:CIRAC
CIRAC for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”