Iowa Bar Exam July 2015 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawdutch2015

New

Iowa Bar Exam July 2015

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:03 am

I am completely neurotic about bar results and I was just wondering if anyone knew or knows if Iowa has a tendency to release results early? They told us September 11, but I am wondering if that is a "by September 11" or if that is a solid date? Also, I walked out of the MPT and MEE in Iowa feeling great, but that MBE crushed my soul. Did anyone else feel that way? I seriously cannot handle the waiting....

robinhoodOO

Silver

Re: Iowa Bar Exam July 2015

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:16 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:I am completely neurotic about bar results and I was just wondering if anyone knew or knows if Iowa has a tendency to release results early? They told us September 11, but I am wondering if that is a "by September 11" or if that is a solid date? Also, I walked out of the MPT and MEE in Iowa feeling great, but that MBE crushed my soul. Did anyone else feel that way? I seriously cannot handle the waiting....
The admissions ceremony is September 18. They usually release results within at least a week before the ceremony. So, September 11 is probably the latest, but I assume it could be earlier (it has been 10 days earlier than the ceremony in the past).

http://www.iowacourtsonline.org/For_Att ... uncements/

BTW, I noticed your username has "Dutch" in it. Did you grow up in Pella, by chance? Just curious :)

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:04 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
lawdutch2015 wrote:I am completely neurotic about bar results and I was just wondering if anyone knew or knows if Iowa has a tendency to release results early? They told us September 11, but I am wondering if that is a "by September 11" or if that is a solid date? Also, I walked out of the MPT and MEE in Iowa feeling great, but that MBE crushed my soul. Did anyone else feel that way? I seriously cannot handle the waiting....
The admissions ceremony is September 18. They usually release results within at least a week before the ceremony. So, September 11 is probably the latest, but I assume it could be earlier (it has been 10 days earlier than the ceremony in the past).

BTW, I noticed your username has "Dutch" in it. Did you grow up in Pella, by chance? Just curious :)
Ugh I'm just dying to know - these last two weeks are agonizing - and you guessed it lol - Pella :D

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:38 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

Ugh I'm just dying to know - these last two weeks are agonizing - and you guessed it lol - Pella :D
HA; Figured as much when I read Dutch! I grew up living between Newton and Knoxville and have been to Pella dozens of times. Great little Iowa town!

Anyway, I took the California Bar Exam and the results are not posted until November 20 (the latest of any state). I'm very envious of my fellow Iowan Bar takers...I hate the idea of having wait another 2+ months :(

Now, how about you shipping a Dutch Letter out to Northern California for the "assistance" :P

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:17 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
lawdutch2015 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

HA; Figured as much when I read Dutch! I grew up living between Newton and Knoxville and have been to Pella dozens of times. Great little Iowa town!

Anyway, I took the California Bar Exam and the results are not posted until November 20 (the latest of any state). I'm very envious of my fellow Iowan Bar takers...I hate the idea of having wait another 2+ months :(

Now, how about you shipping a Dutch Letter out to Northern California for the "assistance" :P
Lol not sure it would survive the trip ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Learned Throw Hands

New

Post by Learned Throw Hands » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Silly question but where will see results first? Email?

deceptivelyblonde

New

Post by deceptivelyblonde » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Learned Throw Hands wrote:Silly question but where will see results first? Email?
Not that it helps, but when I took it in 2014, the fastest way to get results was watching the website's list of results. I don't remember getting an email, but if I did it was much later.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:52 am

Learned Throw Hands wrote:Silly question but where will see results first? Email?
From the people I have talked to, they posted them last year to the Iowa Judicial Branch website right at 9:00 a.m. on September 10 - so the day they said they would post them. I am crossing my fingers and hoping they post them sooner than that, so I have a tab open to the Iowa Judicial Branch at work at all times. I may be wasting billable hours refreshing, but I just don't care at this point...

hoppingabird

New

Post by hoppingabird » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:07 pm

I took the 2014 July Iowa Bar exam. The results came out on the day the state bar told us they would be released, I believe that was September 10. Anyway, the fastest way to get your results is checking the website where they post the exam results and statistics. I remember that morning clicking refresh on the page what felt like hundreds of times. Then the results popped up and it literally makes your heart stop beating momentarily. I don't think I took another breath until I scrolled through the list looking for my name. Once I found my name I had to read, re-read, double check, and triple check to make sure my name was actually on the passing list. Thinking about it is giving me anxiety again!

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for all Iowa exam takers. Once you pass, all the worrying and anxiety is worth it! Best of luck and keep us all posted on how it goes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 pm

hoppingabird wrote:I took the 2014 July Iowa Bar exam. The results came out on the day the state bar told us they would be released, I believe that was September 10. Anyway, the fastest way to get your results is checking the website where they post the exam results and statistics. I remember that morning clicking refresh on the page what felt like hundreds of times. Then the results popped up and it literally makes your heart stop beating momentarily. I don't think I took another breath until I scrolled through the list looking for my name. Once I found my name I had to read, re-read, double check, and triple check to make sure my name was actually on the passing list. Thinking about it is giving me anxiety again!

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for all Iowa exam takers. Once you pass, all the worrying and anxiety is worth it! Best of luck and keep us all posted on how it goes.
This is exactly how I anticipate it happening, except of course I am just not sure my name will be on the list...I am having panic attacks - why can't we just find out!?!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:36 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:
hoppingabird wrote:I took the 2014 July Iowa Bar exam. The results came out on the day the state bar told us they would be released, I believe that was September 10. Anyway, the fastest way to get your results is checking the website where they post the exam results and statistics. I remember that morning clicking refresh on the page what felt like hundreds of times. Then the results popped up and it literally makes your heart stop beating momentarily. I don't think I took another breath until I scrolled through the list looking for my name. Once I found my name I had to read, re-read, double check, and triple check to make sure my name was actually on the passing list. Thinking about it is giving me anxiety again!

This is exactly how I anticipate it happening, except of course I am just not sure my name will be on the list...I am having panic attacks - why can't we just find out!?!
God I'm still so salty about waiting till November 20...DAMN YOU IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:41 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
lawdutch2015 wrote:

God I'm still so salty about waiting till November 20...DAMN YOU IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about I make you feel better: I started working on August 24 at the firm that gave me a contingent offer...so basically I am working until I find out my bar exam results. If I don't pass, I have to MOVE ALL MY STUFF OUT OF MY OFFICE. I did not plan this out well...

hoppingabird

New

Post by hoppingabird » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:04 pm

I moved from Washington state to take a job contingent on passing. So I understand your stress.

Keep a positive attitude! You are going to pass!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
lawdutch2015 wrote:

How about I make you feel better: I started working on August 24 at the firm that gave me a contingent offer...so basically I am working until I find out my bar exam results. If I don't pass, I have to MOVE ALL MY STUFF OUT OF MY OFFICE. I did not plan this out well...
A bit, but I'm in a similar situation--haha. Don't know how I'd feeling walking into work having failed, but I'm hopeful that won't happen

Silver lining: This could be a good movie pitch for "The Walk of Shame 2."

Keep us updated Dutch!

Also, if you get your MBE results, feel free to post them in the MBE thread ;)
Last edited by robinhoodOO on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:12 pm

You know I will!! I saw Kansas released today as well - I have a friend who took the Kansas bar and passed - she is crazy smart though, so I wasn't concerned for her :D

MPTPWZ1026

New

Post by MPTPWZ1026 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:07 pm

I think I'm torn on how to feel about the day for results getting so much closer. On the one hand, I think there's a little bit of relief in knowing that for better or worse, the waiting is over with. On the other, there's the anxiety about having to tell my family I failed if I do. Everyone pulls all of that, "But you're so smart, you did fine" crap and it doesn't make me feel any better.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:05 pm

MPTPWZ1026 wrote:I think I'm torn on how to feel about the day for results getting so much closer. On the one hand, I think there's a little bit of relief in knowing that for better or worse, the waiting is over with. On the other, there's the anxiety about having to tell my family I failed if I do. Everyone pulls all of that, "But you're so smart, you did fine" crap and it doesn't make me feel any better.
I know exactly what you are saying - I am more worried about disappointing other people than the actual failing part because I know I can retake it. It will complicate things, but I can retake it. I am just worried about all the people who are waiting to hear on the day of. My boyfriend's mom is sending flowers to my office. What happens if I fail??? And telling me I am smart does nothing to help I agree with you there!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:11 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:My boyfriend's mom is sending flowers to my office. What happens if I fail???
Ugh. I'm sure she means well, but damn that's a bit awkward and puts on the pressure. Don't congratulate me before I get results! haha

I asked my wife how'd she feel if I failed. She asked if I knew any good divorce attorneys...Err. Thanks for the levity, I guess :|

petepilsh

New

Post by petepilsh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Good luck Iowa exam takers! This is the week! Where do you plan on checking the pass list from? Work, home, ect?

To the girl who is having flowers sent... that's a lot of pressure, but they can serve a purpose pass or fail.

I recommend having a few drinks before the results are released and then drinking after they are released out of celebration or misery. Alcohol is kind of like having flowers sent to you on results release day, pass or fail they/it serve a meaningful purpose.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:14 pm

I haven't quite decided where I will check yet-I have heard the results are posted early in the morning-like 9:00 so I am tempted to check them at home but I also might go to work and check them there with my door shut...so many options!!

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:26 pm

petepilsh wrote:Good luck Iowa exam takers! This is the week! Where do you plan on checking the pass list from? Work, home, ect?

To the girl who is having flowers sent... that's a lot of pressure, but they can serve a purpose pass or fail.

I recommend having a few drinks before the results are released and then drinking after they are released out of celebration or misery. Alcohol is kind of like having flowers sent to you on results release day, pass or fail they/it serve a meaningful purpose.
I'm wondering if bringing tequila shots to work would be a bad idea? And the flowers are nice, but if I fail, I will feel terrible because of all their expectations for me.

Also, this wait is EXCRUCIATING. I cannot handle much more of this. To those of you out there that have to wait even longer, I don't know how you are handling it. Props to you all for being stronger than me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm

lawdutch2015 wrote:To those of you out there that have to wait even longer, I don't know how you are handling it. Props to you all for being stronger than me.
A little piece of me dies every day.

petepilsh

New

Post by petepilsh » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Depends on what kind of office you are working in. You might be able to gauge that. Is your boss going to want to celebrate? If so, bring the shots in a fire a few down after you pass! Or maybe they would rather take you out to celebrate a early and long lunch after you pass?

Hang in there! The wait is almost over and you will be celebrating!

hoppingabird

New

Post by hoppingabird » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 pm

The wait certainly is excruciating. In fact, it is almost unbearable. It is almost like some sort of hazing exercise you must go through before being granted your right of passage. I remember reading on these message boards last year before Texas released their exam results and one of the Justices on the state Supreme Court was posting on Twitter about the examinees waiting for their results and even mentioned that the examinees were posting about it on these Top Law School message boards (or something like that).

I've always been curious about how many days before the results are posted does the state bar have the official pass list in their hands?

lawdutch2015 wrote:
petepilsh wrote:Good luck Iowa exam takers! This is the week! Where do you plan on checking the pass list from? Work, home, ect?

I'm wondering if bringing tequila shots to work would be a bad idea? And the flowers are nice, but if I fail, I will feel terrible because of all their expectations for me.

Also, this wait is EXCRUCIATING. I cannot handle much more of this. To those of you out there that have to wait even longer, I don't know how you are handling it. Props to you all for being stronger than me.

lawdutch2015

New

Post by lawdutch2015 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Is it bad that I am now counting down the hours?? Also, they clearly have the results done. Just post them already.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”