Alcohol Consumption AFTER the Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
petepilsh

New

Alcohol Consumption AFTER the Bar Exam

Post by petepilsh » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

I started a thread earlier discussing people's alcohol consumption during the bar exam prep period. Now that period has come and gone and I hope we all have passed. However, I have now noticed that people have really upped their consumption post bar exam, including myself.

For example, today I had 3 Coronas for breakfast and I will probably have a few for lunch. I'm going out to a bar tonight and I plan on starting with a Long Island Iced Tea to get me going!

What are your drinking strategies while you are waiting for your exam results and searching for a job?

History_Buff

Diamond

Re: Alcohol Consumption AFTER the Bar Exam

Post by History_Buff » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:51 pm

petepilsh wrote:I started a thread earlier discussing people's alcohol consumption during the bar exam prep period. Now that period has come and gone and I hope we all have passed. However, I have now noticed that people have really upped their consumption post bar exam, including myself.

For example, today I had 3 Corona's for breakfast and I will probably have a few for lunch. I'm going out to a bar tonight and I plan on starting with a Long Island Iced Tea to get me going!

What are your drinking strategies while you are waiting for your exam results and searching for a job?
I drank COPIOUS amounts after the exam on Wednesday and woke up with a horrible hangover. I haven't drank since then. It was good catharsis.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm

History_Buff wrote:
petepilsh wrote:I started a thread earlier discussing people's alcohol consumption during the bar exam prep period. Now that period has come and gone and I hope we all have passed. However, I have now noticed that people have really upped their consumption post bar exam, including myself.

For example, today I had 3 Corona's for breakfast and I will probably have a few for lunch. I'm going out to a bar tonight and I plan on starting with a Long Island Iced Tea to get me going!

I drank COPIOUS amounts after the exam on Wednesday and woke up with a horrible hangover. I haven't drank since then. It was good catharsis.
I drank all day yesterday and got sick last night. I don't want to see a beer ever again.

PJP

New

Post by PJP » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 pm

I lost about 75% of my drinking capacity. Yesterday I drank an IPA and passed out against my will.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm

PJP wrote:I lost about 75% of my drinking capacity. Yesterday I drank an IPA and passed out against my will.
^ This.

I drank through June, but definitely cut down in July (mainly because I just didn't have time anymore). Drank 2 beers on Wednesday night after the exam and was deeerrruuuunk. I'm impressed I stayed awake for the next 2 and somehow made it back to my apartment. 4 beers = me down for the count. Passing out like that after 4 beers hasn't happened in a long time. Sure, would get me feeling good and buzzed, but not "okay I need to go lie down now" buzzed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

History_Buff

Diamond

Post by History_Buff » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Huh. I wound up having sixteen drinks over the course of about 5 hours and I was very drunk but not to the point that I don't remember things. I actually had to help walk a friend out of the bar because he was on the verge of passing out.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Went to a post-bar exam celebratory party last night. Drank like I did in law school, and I have the worst hangover today. Never drinking again.

PodPeople

New

Post by PodPeople » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 pm

petepilsh wrote:For example, today I had 3 Coronas for breakfast and I will probably have a few for lunch. I'm going out to a bar tonight and I plan on starting with a Long Island Iced Tea to get me going!
This sounds excessive. Not criticizing per se, just slightly worried for ya, kiddo.

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:14 am

lol
Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:47 am

BrokenMouse wrote:I never understood the drinking culture. I tried to join in on the ancient ritual yet found no pleasure in it.
No trolling the on-topics please.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:29 am

3|ink wrote:
BrokenMouse wrote:I never understood the drinking culture. I tried to join in on the ancient ritual yet found no pleasure in it.
No trolling the on-topics please.
1 day removed from the worst hangover I've had in a very long time, and right now I agree.

...until someone suggests let's go out for margaritas. In like a week or two.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”