I really messed up...defer to Feb? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
numbertwo88

Bronze

Re: I really messed up...defer to Feb?

Post by numbertwo88 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 pm

And to throw my 2 cents in - I took MA last July and failed by 2 fun points, passed this February - when you study the essays don't expect all of the MBE subjects to be there as they have been in the past. In the last 2 years the "state specific" aka non-MBE subjects are pretty numerous and you should have a good grasp on all of them to tip you over in the event you're weaker on one area as opposed to the other. I think the bar examiners are switching up the topics because test takers are getting too comfortable with the topics definitely showing up or something.

Also, if you're watching lectures - STOP RIGHT NOW. For February I didn't read any long outlines and strictly studied from the critical pass cards (condensed into an outline but the cards are fine on their own) and attack outlines for the essays that I wrote over the summer (the essays were my strength). You can definitely do it.

If you'd like my mini-essay outlines let me know! They're short and literally cover the areas most frequently tested in all of the subjects.

Even if you fail, it happens. You'll be sad and then you'll pass the next time.

And FYI to the above posters, MA was "Passachusetts" years ago - the statistics have changed.

Febby

New

Post by Febby » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone, you've all helped more than you know. I'm convinced, I'm taking the MA bar and going to the library first thing instead of studying from home.

lacrossebrother wrote:Febby, I need a bar study buddy to basically go through everything from the top starting Monday. Wanna jam?
Sure, if I'm not too behind!
numbertwo88 wrote:If you'd like my mini-essay outlines let me know! They're short and literally cover the areas most frequently tested in all of the subjects.
Numbertwo I would love that, thank you so much.

UndecidedMN

Bronze

Post by UndecidedMN » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Febby wrote:Thanks for your replies everyone, you've all helped more than you know. I'm convinced, I'm taking the MA bar and going to the library first thing instead of studying from home.

lacrossebrother wrote:Febby, I need a bar study buddy to basically go through everything from the top starting Monday. Wanna jam?
Sure, if I'm not too behind!
numbertwo88 wrote:If you'd like my mini-essay outlines let me know! They're short and literally cover the areas most frequently tested in all of the subjects.
Numbertwo I would love that, thank you so much.
Febby, check out the bar prep post I did. My outlines and notes are on there. Also because of your time crunch, I would buy the flash cards and then take my notes on them. You need to maximize your time and I think they will help. PM if can help in anyway.

lushes3

New

Post by lushes3 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:52 am

Eh I'm in a similar boat as you for NY. I was way too burnt out and depressed about not having a job after graduation to be motivated about studying, and then in the first weeks of bar prep I got some paid work and I was focusing on that and fell behind. I'm doing ookkkay on the MBE but no idea how to memorize the state subjects whatsoever. So my mentality is whatever will happen will happen, one can't do more than they are capable of doing & whatever's meant to happen will happen.

Notmyfavbar

New

Post by Notmyfavbar » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:35 pm

lushes3 wrote:Eh I'm in a similar boat as you for NY. I was way too burnt out and depressed about not having a job after graduation to be motivated about studying, and then in the first weeks of bar prep I got some paid work and I was focusing on that and fell behind. I'm doing ookkkay on the MBE but no idea how to memorize the state subjects whatsoever. So my mentality is whatever will happen will happen, one can't do more than they are capable of doing & whatever's meant to happen will happen.

exactly! I've told myself the same for NY/NJ. Try my hardest and that's all. final stretch now, focus on clearing up MBE problem areas and getting the bigger concepts of state specific stuff down. then finally we can all relax for a bit. and go to sleep without having to set an alarm for the next day (most excited about that)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm

So people who took MA, any distinctions available? I have no materials for MA and I'm just focusing on NY. My MBE scores are very high, so I am going to spend maybe a day on MA. I just don't have anything available. Thanks

mrs_featherbottom

New

Post by mrs_featherbottom » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 am

jamesm722 wrote:So people who took MA, any distinctions available? I have no materials for MA and I'm just focusing on NY. My MBE scores are very high, so I am going to spend maybe a day on MA. I just don't have anything available. Thanks
In the same boat as you - I looked for something but in the end just ordered the Barbri second state add on for $300. They give you a booklet of NY vs. MA distinctions and outlines for subjects NY doesn't test (Commercial Paper, etc.). So expensive but I literally couldn't find anything else and didn't feel comfortable doing zero work for MA

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:50 am

mrs_featherbottom wrote:
jamesm722 wrote:So people who took MA, any distinctions available? I have no materials for MA and I'm just focusing on NY. My MBE scores are very high, so I am going to spend maybe a day on MA. I just don't have anything available. Thanks
In the same boat as you - I looked for something but in the end just ordered the Barbri second state add on for $300. They give you a booklet of NY vs. MA distinctions and outlines for subjects NY doesn't test (Commercial Paper, etc.). So expensive but I literally couldn't find anything else and didn't feel comfortable doing zero work for MA
I'm not using Barbri, they won't let me just buy the book. Maybe I'll look for it on eBay. I'm sure people sell some of them

InTheWideLand I Walk

Bronze

Post by InTheWideLand I Walk » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 am

so did you pass?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”