Civ Pro MBE Questions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Charger

Bronze

Civ Pro MBE Questions

Post by Charger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm doing both Barbri and the PMBR Qbank (which I believe is the same as the Kaplan Qbank). The Civ Pro MBE questions between the two are wildly different. Can anyone who took the most recent bar exam comment on how similar the actual Civ Pro MBEs were to their bar prep practice questions?

cndounda1985

New

Re: Civ Pro MBE Questions

Post by cndounda1985 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Unfortunately, I think the practice Civ Pro questions are not at all close to what was on the Feb 15 bar exam. I would try and do the 15 sample answers that NCBE has released, those are exactly like how the actual MBEs were.

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 am

Charger wrote:I'm doing both Barbri and the PMBR Qbank (which I believe is the same as the Kaplan Qbank). The Civ Pro MBE questions between the two are wildly different. Can anyone who took the most recent bar exam comment on how similar the actual Civ Pro MBEs were to their bar prep practice questions?
I haven't seen BarBri's Civ Pro Qs, but I found Kaplan's Civ Pro MBE questions to be a lot like the ones on the February exam and my understanding is that Kaplan and PMBR have the same questions.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 am

Well, the NCBE is a good place to start. They have given a few sample questions, which do look similar to Kaplan questions. Really though, how different could the questions be from other subject? We know what their questions look like. I think people over-think the Civ Pro inclusion on the bar. Just treat it like any other subject and trust in your bar prep company.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:11 pm

I have to say, I think oddly enough that in this case, barbri is much more reasonable than adaptibar. Just my 2 cents

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Any one has answers for the 175-question kaplan civil pro questions? Please message me, since I only have questions no answers.. thanks in advance.

Calicakes

Bronze

Post by Calicakes » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

victortsoi wrote:I have to say, I think oddly enough that in this case, barbri is much more reasonable than adaptibar. Just my 2 cents

I am doing so bad on adaptibar's civ pro. Its bringing my overall percentage way down. I was literally in tears because I was getting one after another wrong. Whats with all these code sections too, making it seem like we need to know all the numbers for the FRCP. I did much better on NCBE's questions.

RaiRai

New

Post by RaiRai » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Calicakes wrote:
victortsoi wrote:I have to say, I think oddly enough that in this case, barbri is much more reasonable than adaptibar. Just my 2 cents

I am doing so bad on adaptibar's civ pro. Its bringing my overall percentage way down. I was literally in tears because I was getting one after another wrong. Whats with all these code sections too, making it seem like we need to know all the numbers for the FRCP. I did much better on NCBE's questions.

Exactly!! Do we really need to know the the rule numbers? Adaptibar q's seem to say we need to. I am still doing 40% on my civ pro q's.

phillyboy101

New

Post by phillyboy101 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Also curious before I start memorizing civ pro if anyone has notice how important it is to know specific day limits (e.g., must respond within 28 days, etc.) TYIA

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:06 pm

RaiRai wrote:Do we really need to know the the rule numbers?
No.

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 pm

cndounda1985 wrote:Unfortunately, I think the practice Civ Pro questions are not at all close to what was on the Feb 15 bar exam. I would try and do the 15 sample answers that NCBE has released, those are exactly like how the actual MBEs were.
15?, i thought it was 10?

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 pm

phillyboy101 wrote:Also curious before I start memorizing civ pro if anyone has notice how important it is to know specific day limits (e.g., must respond within 28 days, etc.) TYIA

day limits are important (sucks, i know) but rule numbers are not, to the best of my knowledge.

nelife22

New

Post by nelife22 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:47 pm

I took Feburary 15 and the questions that were asked were a lot more difficult (in my opinion) than the questions released by the NCBE. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I got all of the practice questions right when I did them. Compare that to Adaptibar's questions and explanations which are wildly unhelpful and I was scoring like <40%. Honestly even though I got the NCBE questions right, I just studied the explanations they gave to help prepare because the Adaptibar questions were not helpful.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Calicakes

Bronze

Post by Calicakes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:03 pm

nelife22 wrote:I took Feburary 15 and the questions that were asked were a lot more difficult (in my opinion) than the questions released by the NCBE. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I got all of the practice questions right when I did them. Compare that to Adaptibar's questions and explanations which are wildly unhelpful and I was scoring like <40%. Honestly even though I got the NCBE questions right, I just studied the explanations they gave to help prepare because the Adaptibar questions were not helpful.
I agree 100%. The practice questions from NCBE were 100x easier than the questions on the bar exam.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Calicakes wrote:
nelife22 wrote:I took Feburary 15 and the questions that were asked were a lot more difficult (in my opinion) than the questions released by the NCBE. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I got all of the practice questions right when I did them. Compare that to Adaptibar's questions and explanations which are wildly unhelpful and I was scoring like <40%. Honestly even though I got the NCBE questions right, I just studied the explanations they gave to help prepare because the Adaptibar questions were not helpful.
I agree 100%. The practice questions from NCBE were 100x easier than the questions on the bar exam.
What companies do you think do a good job with Civ. Pro. questions?

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:56 pm

LAW813FL wrote:What companies do you think do a good job with Civ. Pro. questions?
Kaplan.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:04 am

ilovetheatre wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:What companies do you think do a good job with Civ. Pro. questions?
Kaplan.
Really? I didn't think they were that great, although I'm not like adaptibar's either.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:20 am

redblueyellow wrote:
ilovetheatre wrote:
Kaplan.
Really? I didn't think they were that great, although I'm not like adaptibar's either.
Kaplan's Civ Pro Qs were a lot like the ones on the February exam.

nelife22

New

Post by nelife22 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:39 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
Calicakes wrote:

I bought the MBE Strategies and Tactics book and it had a supplement which included practice Civ Pro Questions. I have not done them yet, but if there is anyone out there that has let us know or I can try and fire some up and see what they're like and I'll give everyone an update. All I know is that Adaptibar's questions are either super hard/convoluted or very simple. You can actually tell what the answer is because the other choices are so terrible.

PJP

New

Post by PJP » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:52 pm

nelife22 wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
Calicakes wrote:

I bought the MBE Strategies and Tactics book and it had a supplement which included practice Civ Pro Questions. I have not done them yet, but if there is anyone out there that has let us know or I can try and fire some up and see what they're like and I'll give everyone an update. All I know is that Adaptibar's questions are either super hard/convoluted or very simple. You can actually tell what the answer is because the other choices are so terrible.
I've done the civ pro for Strategies and Tactics and it's pretty difficult in my opinion (longer fact pattern, really tricky answers and some crazy nuances I haven't encountered from other publishers). I've also done pmbr and ameribar civ pro and concluded that S and T civ pro was unrealistic although I picked up a few new substantive laws that I added to my arsenal from it. Based on what I heard, real civ pro MBE in February wasn't as difficult as S and T or pmbr but a little more difficult than ameribar.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”