Tanicius's Guide for Bullshitting Essay Topics Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Damage Over Time

Silver

Re: Sticky Request: Tanicius's Guide for Bullshitting Essay Topics

Post by Damage Over Time » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 pm

jessuf wrote:Just wanted to say that I never took Secured Transactions, Agency, Partnership, and Wills in law school and was really bored by the long outlines provided by my bar prep company. These little primers were perfect for understanding some concepts that seemed hard but are actually pretty simple. Thanks, dude.
+1

I think this thread saved me from disaster, at least on secured transactions

Impishee

New

Post by Impishee » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:46 pm

This has been an absolute god-send, thank you.

Could someone verify whether the wills essay re: intestacy issues is applicable for UBE states for specific $$/dollar amounts that a surviving spouse would take? I think for a UBE state, we'd just approach it with those amounts for SS and, for any other issue/heirs, discuss all three per stirpes, per capita with representation, per capita at each generation (unless directed otherwise). Not sure though.

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:30 pm

If i could take one thing into the test, it might be your guides.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 am

umichman wrote:If i could take one thing into the test, it might be your guides.
Making them was really what solidified the memorization for me. I encourage anyone who doesn't get this stuff to just write their own swear-word-laden prose outline.

volleyball1327

New

Post by volleyball1327 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Using this now to study for the 2017 Florida bar exam! This was so helpful to dumb things down. Only wish you could have done this for every subject!! Thanks so much. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:56 pm

I'm not sure if people are still/ever used these, but some things seem off. For example, in the post on secured transactions, the original poster wrote that PMSIs perfect automatically. Isn't that only true for consumer goods? Not sure if there are errors or caveats elsewhere as well...

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:29 pm

/\ what he said..

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Don't worry guys. You won't lose an essay score point by getting something small like that wrong. I know in your position it's hard to believe, but the essays are not graded on content almost at all. Three of my six essays on the real thing were horribly off, but I still passed by a large margin. You need structure, the basic isues identified, and polish.

You're at the point in bar studying where you spend an hour double checking notes after getting a single multiple choice question wrong. I once called my dad, a lawyer, at night a week before game day to ask him what his state rule on felony murder merger doctrine was, because I feared my notes from my testing company were wrong about it after two MBE questions gave conflicting answers.

Yep, some of my stuff is almost certainly wrong. It's cool you're able to double check it. But if you're at that level, content is not your problem - confidence and time management could be though. Need to focus on relaxing and not burning out.

elcee1987

New

Post by elcee1987 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 am

Damn. I wish I saw this last night. Would have saved me from some desperately wrong essay answers today. Eh well. At least this made me laugh, you're a god among men.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Just wanted to say that I printed all these out and reviewed them in the last few days before the MEE, and I had really not done much in the way of MEE preparation. Sure I'd listened to the lectures and crap, but I had done maybe like 6-8 practice essays at most. I ended up doing fine on the MEE and passed the bar, so these guides are highly credited on my end. Didn't really concern myself over any details being off, I read the guides holistically with the mind of a bullshitter and felt way, way more confident as a result. I don't get my specific essay grades, so I can't give exact performance, but I passed and that's all I really care about. Thanks for writing these up.

Tony48

New

Re: Tanicius's Guide for Bullshitting Essay Topics

Post by Tony48 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 pm

This was a fun (and very informative) read! I really enjoyed the hearsay/Wikipedia comparison. That was a great analogy.

onlyunholy

Bronze

Post by onlyunholy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Thank you Tanicus for these guides!

sarahbeck10

New

Post by sarahbeck10 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Tanicius wrote:
umichman wrote:If i could take one thing into the test, it might be your guides.
Making them was really what solidified the memorization for me. I encourage anyone who doesn't get this stuff to just write their own swear-word-laden prose outline.
These posts were really helpful while studying. You should make your own website or try to contribute to sites like JD Advising. You'd still be giving the info out for free and could potentially make $ through ad placements and traffic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

axel.foley

Bronze

Post by axel.foley » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 pm

These are still incredibly helpful. Thank you for posting!

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:20 am

Is Secured Transactions, Wills, and Commercial Paper still recommended? And, if so, they should supplement, not replace outlines, correct?

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

Correct - these are meant to supplement your outlines, to assist with either articulating or memorizing concepts you're having trouble with. They are meant to help see the forest for the trees when you feel lost on essay questions.

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Tanicius wrote:Correct - these are meant to supplement your outlines, to assist with either articulating or memorizing concepts you're having trouble with. They are meant to help see the forest for the trees when you feel lost on essay questions.
I have been meaning to tell you for some time that you did an excellent job with these and I love the humor and blunt nature.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:49 pm

jcwest wrote:Is Secured Transactions, Wills, and Commercial Paper still recommended? And, if so, they should supplement, not replace outlines, correct?
Secured transactions and Wills are frequently tested, if that's what you are asking. Secured transactions - I believe - was tested on 5 or 6 bar exams in a row, was off for one, and then on the most recent two that have been released. It seems to have gotten popular.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:58 am

Secured Transactions were on the bar again last February. I just wanted to share some observations and say thanks for your excellent work Tanicius.

I do not believe in frequency analysis anymore, you have to study everything. I swear the examiners look at the frequency analysis and screw with us. I bet the farm on Wills and it wasn't there. On the other hand, I was convinced Trusts would not be tested and it was. Fortunately, I got cold feet and studied it in the last week, and then by some miracle I studied it though the whole lunch hour. Nailed it. Luck is a beautiful thing.

What's tested on the MEE is very superficial. The questions were straightforward. Materials that discuss the chiefly tested issues are so much important than long outlines. You just won't remember those long outlines, but you will remember short ones that are to the point such as Tanicius's materials or Studicata. I used both.

Fox_85

New

Post by Fox_85 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Tanicius, you're a hero. THANK YOU!

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am

My pleasure, y'all. Although... it's been 4 and a half years now, so I alas can't even enjoy any of my material anymore because I don't know what any of it means anymore. :shock:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dubj

New

Post by dubj » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Tanicius wrote:My pleasure, y'all. Although... it's been 4 and a half years now, so I alas can't even enjoy any of my material anymore because I don't know what any of it means anymore. :shock:
I'm taking another bar and found your lean sheets once again. I hope you are doing good in life. I was glad to see you still check in on this thread. Thank You Tanicius!!

KFelton910

New

Post by KFelton910 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 am

Here is a bump for a fantastic ass-saving resource. This actually helped me get some of my highest essay scores. Thanks again Tanicius, not all heros wear capes.

Cecco

New

Post by Cecco » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm

This is brilliant! You deserve a humanitarian award for helping us all in our time of desperation. I actually learned what the hell is a Secured Transaction, and had a laugh while doing it. Michigan bar exam inexplicably still tests your greatest hits, including Negotiable Instruments, and there was no way I was sitting through 4 hour lectures for that crap. I hope you found success in whatever you’re doing now.

Eliberty

New

Post by Eliberty » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:47 pm

Impishee wrote:This has been an absolute god-send, thank you.

Could someone verify whether the wills essay re: intestacy issues is applicable for UBE states for specific $$/dollar amounts that a surviving spouse would take? I think for a UBE state, we'd just approach it with those amounts for SS and, for any other issue/heirs, discuss all three per stirpes, per capita with representation, per capita at each generation (unless directed otherwise). Not sure though.
Spouse will typically split with other heirs but in some states is guaranteed a certain percentage. However, spouses have a statutory guaranteed percentage in every non-community priority state (except GA) but it varies and can increase the longer the marriage is (eg: up to 50% in NC).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”