Adaptibar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gaagoots

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar

Post by gaagoots » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 pm

gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)
How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?
Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.
gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)
How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?
Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.
gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?
yes gagoots please answer us oh knowledgeable one!

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doubltall

New

Post by doubltall » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 am

The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice (I just missed a Q where 65% of other students picked, too) and it's pissing me off!

Should I just skip/pass on Civ Pro questions in this final weekend, read outlines and review flash cards and cross my fingers?
Last edited by doubltall on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am

doubltall wrote:The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice, and it's pissing me off!
Go to sleep

Hit it hard tomorrow

Shake it off
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 am

gaagoots wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
I found them very similar. You are not at all surprised, like the MPRE.

I'm embarrassed to share how many Adaptibar questions I've done but I know I've done enough to see 3-4 different questions reworded to ask the same thing. That is what happens on the real MBE so you won't feel blindsided. The real one has some gimmies and they help you combat the long ones in RP or contracts.

As for the OPM exams those gave me a major false sense of confidence, I scored in the high 80's and a 90 and I flew threw those in an hour and a half. The real one has a good mix of easy, or "oh yeah I read that case in contracts" to "what the hell". You no longer see the ones with Roman numerals (god I hate those) or the one that asks which case..hate those too.

Hope that helps and doesn't violate some Chapter 6 violation they drone on and on about each morning
im sorry, OPM?

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:23 am

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:25 am

gaagoots wrote:
victortsoi wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
I found them very similar. You are not at all surprised, like the MPRE.

I'm embarrassed to share how many Adaptibar questions I've done but I know I've done enough to see 3-4 different questions reworded to ask the same thing. That is what happens on the real MBE so you won't feel blindsided. The real one has some gimmies and they help you combat the long ones in RP or contracts.

As for the OPM exams those gave me a major false sense of confidence, I scored in the high 80's and a 90 and I flew threw those in an hour and a half. The real one has a good mix of easy, or "oh yeah I read that case in contracts" to "what the hell". You no longer see the ones with Roman numerals (god I hate those) or the one that asks which case..hate those too.

Hope that helps and doesn't violate some Chapter 6 violation they drone on and on about each morning
im sorry, OPM?
Sorry that should be OPE, online practice exams. I do a lot of Federal Pension divisions and use OPM a lot when drafting the language. It's kind of stuck in my head.
well, the last 500 questions for me have been in the 70s. I havent done an actual full exam. Think I'm OK?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Just got 73% in the 2013 practice exam.
I really found that by far the most difficult of all the tests.

jamesm722

New

Post by jamesm722 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:Just got 73% in the 2013 practice exam.
I really found that by far the most difficult of all the tests.
I think they're really all about the same. My score were all within 3-/+ for all 4. It definitely was worded slightly differently, but the same difficulty.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 am

doubltall wrote:The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice (I just missed a Q where 65% of other students picked, too) and it's pissing me off!

Should I just skip/pass on Civ Pro questions in this final weekend, read outlines and review flash cards and cross my fingers?
That is essentially my plan. I have a long and a short outline for Civ Pro, and I plan to read each through once before the test.I only did 50 or so adaptibar civ pro q's becuase they are just ridiculous.

It is what it is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 am

I think i'm going to tap out of Adaptibar after today. I did a final 30 question custom exam, and scored 83%. Without Civ Pro of course.

So long Adaptibar, it's been fun.

NY_Sea

Bronze

Post by NY_Sea » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Hey, sorry to revive a really old thread, but I'm retaking in Feb (failed NY by 10 in July... Ugh) and the MBE was definitely my achilles heel the first go around (126). I'd like to know what people thought about this after most states have gotten results back.

Thanks in advance!

BuenAbogado

Bronze

Post by BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:45 pm

NY_Sea wrote:Hey, sorry to revive a really old thread, but I'm retaking in Feb (failed NY by 10 in July... Ugh) and the MBE was definitely my achilles heel the first go around (126). I'd like to know what people thought about this after most states have gotten results back.

Thanks in advance!
I took once without adaptibar using just themis and did horribly on MBE, then took adaptibar and scored very solid above average AND felt a lot more comfy on the MBE. It really made a difference. The app is great, the statistics are great, the comparison in your score to people in your state and the country in general is helpful, and most of all, you're getting real questions.

If you want a $50 coupon for Adaptibar, send me a message with your email address

supa_mitsu

New

Post by supa_mitsu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:18 pm

The $50 codes in this topic are not valid anymore. I just signed up for Adaptibar and I have a valid code. PM me your email and I'll refer you for the $30 discount valid for 2017. Good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jtp191

New

Post by jtp191 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:49 am

Has anyone that has taken the February bar exam feel as though Adaptibar represented? And, if you wouldn't mind sharing what you were testing at before going into the exam. Thank you

melainaa

New

Post by melainaa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:35 am

Also have a $30 Adaptibar code if you PM me the address you'll use for Adaptibar (full disclosure: we get $30 back for each referral).

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:00 pm

jtp191 wrote:Has anyone that has taken the February bar exam feel as though Adaptibar represented? And, if you wouldn't mind sharing what you were testing at before going into the exam. Thank you
I felt like it helped but now that I have my scores I don't think it helped much at all. My MBE went up from 117 to 119.6...yeah.

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 pm

jtp191 wrote:Has anyone that has taken the February bar exam feel as though Adaptibar represented? And, if you wouldn't mind sharing what you were testing at before going into the exam. Thank you
I felt that Adaptibar helped but only after I started thoroughly reviewing the answers (both the questions that I got right and wrong). I also utilized the score analysis that showed how I was doing in each subtopic. That analysis really helped me focusing my studying.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 am

$365 is still expensive, especially for retakers...

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 am

blaze1306 wrote:
I felt like it helped but now that I have my scores I don't think it helped much at all. My MBE went up from 117 to 119.6...yeah.
Thanks for the feedback. I might just redo the BarBri questions and buy the Emmanuels book for $75 and call it a day then.

Not sure how I did on the feb MbE yet, but I scored 92/200 on the BarBri midterm. Improved slightly after that and scored above 60% for Civ pro and property but weaker in other subjects.

supa_mitsu

New

Post by supa_mitsu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:31 pm

I have an Adaptibar referral code valid through February 2018. PM me with your email and I'll refer you with the $30 discount code!

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am

If anyone wants a review of Adaptibar before they decide, here's a good post:

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... its-worth/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”