Adaptibar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
old_soul

Bronze

Adaptibar

Post by old_soul » Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Who's signed up or thinking of doing it?

I'm dying a little inside forking over the money, but I hope it'll be worth it. I'm seeing so many positive reviews.

hurldes

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar

Post by hurldes » Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm

I did a combination of Kaplan and adaptibar. I eventually stopped doing the Kaplan questions and exclusively did adaptibar (for the MBE) because their questions were shorter and less confusing. I found I could learn concepts better through the adaptibar questions. I would begin each day of study with 50 questions straight from adaptibar. That was very helpful.

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:01 pm

i bought adapibar last month.. but have not started to do it.

I am wondering one month's time is enough to finish all Qs there?

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Fri May 29, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm doing it, but I haven't really started yet.

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Fri May 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Last edited by lacrossebrother on Fri May 29, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

9xSound

New

Post by 9xSound » Sat May 30, 2015 1:20 am

I liked Adaptibar. I passed the bar on my second try, using Adaptibar both times. I never reached 1100 problems either time, and did not use any other MBE resource except the intro to Strategies and Tactics, which I read twice. Got a 1493 on the July 2014 CBX and they won't tell me how I did in February 2015, hurray.

I looked for quality over quantity with Adaptibar. The stats are helpful. You can monitor your averages against the rest of the state or nation in all of the subjects. I kept a log of screen shots of my performance statistics compared to the state averages every time I completed 50 new problems or so. I probably just like statistics. I did 1072 problems. For the July exam, I did 1067. I was trying for more each time, but that was the pace I was on.

On the second time around with Adaptibar, you find yourself doing problems you did previously. Don't jump to conclusions about this. First, the statistical data tells you whether you answered this problem correctly previously, say, eight months earlier. What's bizarre is that I did not remember any of the problems that I had done before except for an insignificant handful. You do so many they just get tossed. And of the problems that I had done previously, sometimes I got the problem wrong again, based on the same faulty reasoning that made me get it wrong the first time. I made big notes on those. Other times, the right answer was so patently obvious, I felt like, "WTF? How did I get that wrong last time? The answer was on the cover of Duh! Magazine."

Going through Adaptibar twice reinforced a lot of law. I never got close to the 1700 total, although I started repeating the 200 civ pro questions, which was good for review. Ultimately, I found the February MBE to be completely manageable compared to the rigors of July. And I didn't do poorly in July, despite how difficult it felt.

The explanatory answers in Adaptibar are generally pretty good. Sometimes they can be limited. "A is right. Therefore, B, C, and D are wrong." You're thinking, "But what about X, huh, huh, huh?" When you get them right, you don't care. But when you get them wrong, you want to read expressly why the reasoning is wrong, not be left to infer it from the explanation of the right answer.

All in all, Adaptibar is a solid tool. Excellent for diagnosis of your weak areas if you use it properly.

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:07 pm

How many MBE questions do you do? 50? 100?

It takes LOTS of time to review and grasp and memorize the testing points.

I have to push myself to do at least 500 MBE Qs a week..

Barbri live class eats lots of my time... about 6 hours a day, counting commuting in NYC>

Let me know if anyone in NYC wanna study together to supervise each other.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:22 am

Curious about others thoughts on Adaptibar. Worth it in PA where the MBE is 45%? I saw on several other boards that Adaptibar was criticized for using an outdated question structure or something along those lines. Any validity to this statement? Are Adaptibar questions much easier? Did you feel lulled into a false sense of security?

I am taking Barbri, and obviously only want to go through this process once. $400 bucks is a substantial amount for me at this point, but I will pay it if it will almost assuredly raise my MBE from doing just Barbri alone. Thanks for any insight.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Sun May 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Kage3212 wrote:Curious about others thoughts on Adaptibar. Worth it in PA where the MBE is 45%? I saw on several other boards that Adaptibar was criticized for using an outdated question structure or something along those lines. Any validity to this statement? Are Adaptibar questions much easier? Did you feel lulled into a false sense of security?

I am taking Barbri, and obviously only want to go through this process once. $400 bucks is a substantial amount for me at this point, but I will pay it if it will almost assuredly raise my MBE from doing just Barbri alone. Thanks for any insight.
AdaptiBar states otherwise
AdaptiBar uses all of the authentic MBE questions written by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) that have appeared on previous exams. Rest assured, our legal experts continuously monitor the database to make sure each question reflects the same form and content of those that will appear on your upcoming exam.
Source: AdaptiBar Features

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 pm

bluewin888 wrote:I have to push myself to do at least 500 MBE Qs a week.
What??

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 am

Assuming that is a typo. I just pulled the trigger on Adaptibar, so looking forward to beginning to work through the evidence questions.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:12 am

One question regarding Adaptibar, is there anything in the performance metrics that shows you the difficulty of the questions that you answered correctly/incorrectly (aside from the percentage of other students who answered it correctly)? Barbri does this via classifications such as beg., interm., adv., so I was wondering if this tool has a similar feature.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Kage3212 wrote:One question regarding Adaptibar, is there anything in the performance metrics that shows you the difficulty of the questions that you answered correctly/incorrectly (aside from the percentage of other students who answered it correctly)? Barbri does this via classifications such as beg., interm., adv., so I was wondering if this tool has a similar feature.
Not that I know of... I can share a screenshot of my AdaptiBar page if you're interested.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:19 pm

sdphill wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:One question regarding Adaptibar, is there anything in the performance metrics that shows you the difficulty of the questions that you answered correctly/incorrectly (aside from the percentage of other students who answered it correctly)? Barbri does this via classifications such as beg., interm., adv., so I was wondering if this tool has a similar feature.
Not that I know of... I can share a screenshot of my AdaptiBar page if you're interested.
Got it, no need for screenshot, thanks. Are you following the Adaptibar schedule, answering 50 questions for each subject and then proceeding according to their recommendations? Here in PA, we do not cover some of the substantive MBE lectures until later on in the course for Barbri (July 1 is our last substantive lecture on Civ Pro), so I am wondering if I should still stick to the Adaptibar method or not. Any insight as to what you are doing would be appreciated.

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
Got it, no need for screenshot, thanks. Are you following the Adaptibar schedule, answering 50 questions for each subject and then proceeding according to their recommendations? Here in PA, we do not cover some of the substantive MBE lectures until later on in the course for Barbri (July 1 is our last substantive lecture on Civ Pro), so I am wondering if I should still stick to the Adaptibar method or not. Any insight as to what you are doing would be appreciated.
I'm not attacking the questions til I have the subject down and I don't mean as in expert mode; I mean I've read an outline in its entirety. I haven't even started Adaptibar but my MBE from February was really weak and even if I had done marginal on the MBE I would have passed, so I'm gonna try and battle through that. Adaptibar is like $350 so you gotta make the most of it. Using that and the Kaplan red book.

cmartin5970

New

Post by cmartin5970 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 pm

hurldes wrote:I did a combination of Kaplan and adaptibar. I eventually stopped doing the Kaplan questions and exclusively did adaptibar (for the MBE) because their questions were shorter and less confusing. I found I could learn concepts better through the adaptibar questions. I would begin each day of study with 50 questions straight from adaptibar. That was very helpful.
I am thinking about doing the same thing, did you simply purchase the online flashcards for $95? If so, are they actual MBE questions too, or is that only for the full course?

I am trying to get to 2500 MBE questions (the amount my TTT school recommends doing) and Kaplan only has around 2100 I believe.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:20 am

Bumping this, as I am still curious as to how others are approaching utilizing Adaptibar.

The only substantive subject we have covered entirely thus far is Evidence. Should I stick to only answering the 50 evidence questions and wait to complete other substantive subjects before proceeding? Or rather should I just keep continue hammering home evidence questions? People talk of these "50 questions a day" schedules and I feel like I am not doing enough questions while Barbri is covering state subjects.

Thanks for any info!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

EZ as AsDf

New

Post by EZ as AsDf » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Can you print the questions to do them on paper?

Amy wineBerry

New

Post by Amy wineBerry » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:17 pm

old_soul wrote:Who's signed up or thinking of doing it?

I'm dying a little inside forking over the money, but I hope it'll be worth it. I'm seeing so many positive reviews.
Same here lol. I'm taking the bar in a state where the MBE only accounts for 1/3 of the score and I'm hesitant to pull the plug. I've spent far too much time reading reviews for Adaptibar, Barmax, and Kaplan's Qbank. Ugh. I should probably just fork over the cash.

paraguayfargus

New

Post by paraguayfargus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 pm

One of the books I read about prep (hacking the bar) spoke really highly of adaptibar. I've been really pleased with it, spending a few hours every day on it and watching my daily percent correct increase.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 am

paraguayfargus wrote:One of the books I read about prep (hacking the bar) spoke really highly of adaptibar. I've been really pleased with it, spending a few hours every day on it and watching my daily percent correct increase.
Are you doing the program according to their schedule? i.e. doing 50 questions in each subject prior to continuing on with further questions? Or, for example, are you just doing 50 evidence questions a day regardless of completing no torts, property, etc.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:55 pm

I do feel certain subjects you can nail through pure memorization. I only invested in Adaptibar so I could crush the property and contracts MBE. I've done about 70 contracts MBE. There really is only one way to use Adaptibar but I think even going over certain questions twice might be helpful.

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:00 pm

I've definitely noticed some gains and there are certain things I've picked up I wouldn't have processed through memorizing outlines. The process of getting the answer right away might seem like a shortcut when you consider on the test you'll have to do all the questions all the way through, no break, but honestly it allows you to truly figure out how certain concepts work. Otherwise you might go through them and then just skim over the explanations.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 pm

bluewin888 wrote:How many MBE questions do you do? 50? 100?

It takes LOTS of time to review and grasp and memorize the testing points.

I have to push myself to do at least 500 MBE Qs a week..

Barbri live class eats lots of my time... about 6 hours a day, counting commuting in NYC>

Let me know if anyone in NYC wanna study together to supervise each other.
How about mutual support? If you have time, would you mind showing me how Adaptibar works? I need a lot of practise.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:08 pm

would people say that adaptibar questions are "easier" than barbri? as in, less convoluted/ head fakey? I broke down and got it, and at least for contracts, the questions seem shorter, more to the point, and less out to get you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”