Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
andersonxc13

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by andersonxc13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 am

ehleez wrote:
amtornberg wrote:So we're thinking Monday at 10:00am? 9:00am?
They said "after 2 PM," but I don't trust them. I'm expecting between 8:30 and 10:30 AM
yeah, I'm expecting around 9-10 again. Even have the Fl Supreme Courts tweets set to notifications on my phone so I can know exactly when they're posted :lol:

ehleez

New

Post by ehleez » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am

andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
They said "after 2 PM," but I don't trust them. I'm expecting between 8:30 and 10:30 AM
yeah, I'm expecting around 9-10 again. Even have the Fl Supreme Courts tweets set to notifications on my phone so I can know exactly when they're posted :lol:
I'm about to ask my boss for the day on Monday...I'd much rather check from the comfort and privacy of my home than be in an office full of people who will be alerted about results at the same time I am...especially since I already have one fail under my belt...my confidence isn't at an all time high

I asked about it about a week ago and he said he wasnt saying no, but was hesitant and wanted me to see how if I felt any less nervous the closer I got to results day....he must have forgotten what it feels like to be waiting for results. I'm a total nutcase lol

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:57 am

ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
I'm about to ask my boss for the day on Monday...I'd much rather check from the comfort and privacy of my home than be in an office full of people who will be alerted about results at the same time I am...especially since I already have one fail under my belt...my confidence isn't at an all time high

I asked about it about a week ago and he said he wasnt saying no, but was hesitant and wanted me to see how if I felt any less nervous the closer I got to results day....he must have forgotten what it feels like to be waiting for results. I'm a total nutcase lol

I debated taking the day as well, but decided that I've already experienced the fail once, and that means I could do it again if I needed to. Besides, if I didn't pass, I would rather have that convo with my boss in person the day the results are posted to get it out of the way. To me, it would be much worse having to coming back in after I didn't pass and then see if I get to stay or if I'm getting the boot. Rather get it all out of the way on that same day so I don't have to relive the embarrassment more than once :(

ehleez

New

Post by ehleez » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:03 am

andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:

I debated taking the day as well, but decided that I've already experienced the fail once, and that means I could do it again if I needed to. Besides, if I didn't pass, I would rather have that convo with my boss in person the day the results are posted to get it out of the way. To me, it would be much worse having to coming back in after I didn't pass and then see if I get to stay or if I'm getting the boot. Rather get it all out of the way on that same day so I don't have to relive the embarrassment more than once :(
That's a good point. I know my associate offer is contingent on passing, but I don't know if they'll keep me on as a clerk, which I would love to do.
I just don't want people looming and waiting. I kind of rather tell them on my own time when I've processed. If i passed, I'll bring the champagne myself, but if I didn't....I'd rather drink the champagne by myself haha
I checked at home last time and it was horrible...and I work about 30 minutes from home. I'm torn between being private, or being in the office and wanting to go home after. Either way, my boss will be out of town until a week after results are posted.

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:22 am

ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:

That's a good point. I know my associate offer is contingent on passing, but I don't know if they'll keep me on as a clerk, which I would love to do.
I just don't want people looming and waiting. I kind of rather tell them on my own time when I've processed. If i passed, I'll bring the champagne myself, but if I didn't....I'd rather drink the champagne by myself haha
I checked at home last time and it was horrible...and I work about 30 minutes from home. I'm torn between being private, or being in the office and wanting to go home after. Either way, my boss will be out of town until a week after results are posted.
That's nice that your boss will be out of the office! I asked my boss nonchalantly last week what will happen if I don's pass and all she said was that we will cross that bridge if it comes. So I'm a little more nervous now :/ I just wanted a flat out "oh we will keep you until you pass."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:45 am

anyone retaker here? How are you approaching the exam this time? Any changes?
what are FL passage rate? I heard FL bar is really different from other state bars...

ehleez

New

Post by ehleez » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:

That's nice that your boss will be out of the office! I asked my boss nonchalantly last week what will happen if I don's pass and all she said was that we will cross that bridge if it comes. So I'm a little more nervous now :/ I just wanted a flat out "oh we will keep you until you pass."
I've decided on manning up! I talked to the one other female attorney here for her advice, and she told me to just come in...hardly anyone is in the office before 10 anyway and my office is in a location in a hall where no one can see me leave or come in, so if i have to leave, I can just step out and don't even have to say anything. I kind of prefer to do that instead of coming off as though I lack confidence to my boss (even though I definitely lack confidence haha)

What REALLY gets me about this exam is how much discretion graders have! It's really not fair that one could thing my essay is good and another could think it sucks

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:32 pm

I debated taking the day as well, but decided that I've already experienced the fail once, and that means I could do it again if I needed to. Besides, if I didn't pass, I would rather have that convo with my boss in person the day the results are posted to get it out of the way. To me, it would be much worse having to coming back in after I didn't pass and then see if I get to stay or if I'm getting the boot. Rather get it all out of the way on that same day so I don't have to relive the embarrassment more than once :([/quote]

I checked at home last time and it was horrible...and I work about 30 minutes from home. I'm torn between being private, or being in the office and wanting to go home after. Either way, my boss will be out of town until a week after results are posted.[/quote]

That's nice that your boss will be out of the office! I asked my boss nonchalantly last week what will happen if I don's pass and all she said was that we will cross that bridge if it comes. So I'm a little more nervous now :/ I just wanted a flat out "oh we will keep you until you pass."[/quote]

I've decided on manning up! I talked to the one other female attorney here for her advice, and she told me to just come in...hardly anyone is in the office before 10 anyway and my office is in a location in a hall where no one can see me leave or come in, so if i have to leave, I can just step out and don't even have to say anything. I kind of prefer to do that instead of coming off as though I lack confidence to my boss (even though I definitely lack confidence haha)

What REALLY gets me about this exam is how much discretion graders have! It's really not fair that one could thing my essay is good and another could think it sucks[/quote]

yay! it works out perfectly then in either situation !

I also don't like that. One of my good friends personally knew someone that graded essays or used to and told my friend that all he looks for is buzz words. If you had the buzz word, he would automatically give you points. But, I'm sure there are others that only give points when the rule is right regardless if you knew the term but didn't know how to precisely define it.

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:13 pm

I took the day off the first round of exams I took (CT and NJ). When the results came in I cried like a baby in the privacy of my own home (I passed!!). When I took NY the following round I opened the results at work, but that was because they didn't give us a specific date/time, just sent an email whenever they felt like it! This time around I think I will "come in late" assuming the results are released in the morning. I have a meeting in the afternoon so I can't get out of that. Fingers crossed that they put us out of our misery early!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 pm

andersonxc13 wrote:
ehleez wrote:
Have they historically released them in the morning?

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Anyone recommend fingerprinting company outside FL? From NY and sitting for the FL bar in July

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Looks like they posted the link, but no results yet. Hoping they put us out of our misery tomorrow morning! Good luck all :shock:

ehleez

New

Post by ehleez » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 am

amtornberg wrote:Looks like they posted the link, but no results yet. Hoping they put us out of our misery tomorrow morning! Good luck all :shock:

I think they're posting them now. The website is down for me, at leaat

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ehleez

New

Post by ehleez » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 am

ehleez wrote:
amtornberg wrote:Looks like they posted the link, but no results yet. Hoping they put us out of our misery tomorrow morning! Good luck all :shock:

I think they're posting them now. The website is down for me, at leaat
Al this pointless tweeting by the FlaBar is starting to rise to the level of IIED. My heart jumps every time my phone vibrates.

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 am

Results are up! Passed both sections, authorized to be sworn in!

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 am

PASSED and authorized to be sworn in!!! As a second time taker this is AMAZING NEWS :)

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:14 am

andersonxc13 wrote:PASSED and authorized to be sworn in!!! As a second time taker this is AMAZING NEWS :)
Congratulations! Any idea what the process is to get sworn in? My boss wants me sworn in like yesterday...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am

I think any notary can swear you in.. but usually there is a swearing in ceremony too if you wanted to go to that. I know that we will get the info in our congrats letter. Since I live in Tallahassee, I will probably get mine today or tomorrow. They send them out today, so however long it takes to get your letter. Once you get your letter, that will have all of the information you need

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 am

andersonxc13 wrote:I think any notary can swear you in.. but usually there is a swearing in ceremony too if you wanted to go to that. I know that we will get the info in our congrats letter. Since I live in Tallahassee, I will probably get mine today or tomorrow. They send them out today, so however long it takes to get your letter. Once you get your letter, that will have all of the information you need
Awesome - thanks!

gamma ray charles

New

Post by gamma ray charles » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 am

I passed!!!!!! Congratulations to all ya'll who passed! To those who didn't have the same luck, don't give up. Several of my brightest friends didn't have the luck and didn't get the results they were hoping for today. You're without doubt intelligent if you made it this far. You gotta tweak a few things and in just a few months you will be the ones passing and celebrating.

For what it's worth, I took Themis. Scored average 25-35 on my practice essays and got a 125 raw on my practice exam on the mbe. I think I got 62% correct on the FL practice portion.

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Any pass rate statistics floating out there yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:46 pm

amtornberg wrote:Any pass rate statistics floating out there yet?
here it is https://www.floridabarexam.org/__85257b ... fe0051eca6

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 pm

For the practicing attorneys who have taken the Florida bar exam: Will they reach out to your current employer? They are making me enter the managing partner/personnel manager on my bar application and it'd really suck if I got a call in the middle of the day from my managing partner asking why I'm taking the bar in a state where my firm doesn't have any offices.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Congrats to those that passed FL bar from Feb. I am registering for the July Florida bar exam from NYC. Any easy way to go about this fingerprinting? No one around my area does this. fml

Tzhs

New

Post by Tzhs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:22 pm

PBateman1 wrote:For the practicing attorneys who have taken the Florida bar exam: Will they reach out to your current employer? They are making me enter the managing partner/personnel manager on my bar application and it'd really suck if I got a call in the middle of the day from my managing partner asking why I'm taking the bar in a state where my firm doesn't have any offices.
I took the fl bar in Feb 16, having passed in Illinois years earlier. While my office knew what I was doing, they contacted two partners in my firm for background checks, And I did not list either of them on the character and fitness application.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”