Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
robin600

Gold

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by robin600 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Derek Vinyard wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Young Marino wrote:How many hours per day are you guys roughly putting? For me it's about 6-7 hours with 1 full day off per week so roughly 36-42 hours per week. Wondering if I'm doing too little.
As long as you retain the material and understand it, it doesn't matter. AKA - I breezed through crim law, crim pro, and evidence because I have been a practicing defense attorney. I probably spent 8-10 hour days trying to learn property.
Florida property, or normal property??? :cry:
MBE property. FL property distinctions are pretty easy once you memorize them

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:51 pm

robin600 wrote:
Derek Vinyard wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Young Marino wrote:How many hours per day are you guys roughly putting? For me it's about 6-7 hours with 1 full day off per week so roughly 36-42 hours per week. Wondering if I'm doing too little.
As long as you retain the material and understand it, it doesn't matter. AKA - I breezed through crim law, crim pro, and evidence because I have been a practicing defense attorney. I probably spent 8-10 hour days trying to learn property.
Florida property, or normal property??? :cry:
MBE property. FL property distinctions are pretty easy once you memorize them
Thats good to know. It seems one needs to master the mbe before attempting the Florida distinctions.

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Did anyone else receive another letter from the board after they were already approved to take the examination? This is unbelievable. I guess I won't be studying today and will be writing a letter to explain that i was studying for the LSAT 5 years ago when I was was not employed, driving to a notary, and then to the post office instead. It would have been easier just to type a response on the website, but unfortunately that is not an option. Perhaps they are doing this on purpose so people have less time to study and have to fill out forms instead. :shock:

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Yeah, I had to make a similar trip to the post office a few months ago to explain why I left off something. Unfortunately, an admission ticket to the bar does not mean they were done with their investigation with you.
Derek Vinyard wrote:Did anyone else receive another letter from the board after they were already approved to take the examination? This is unbelievable. I guess I won't be studying today and will be writing a letter to explain that i was studying for the LSAT 5 years ago when I was was not employed, driving to a notary, and then to the post office instead. It would have been easier just to type a response on the website, but unfortunately that is not an option. Perhaps they are doing this on purpose so people have less time to study and have to fill out forms instead. :shock:

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

I did a 50 question set for mbe today got raped so hard. Wtf is wrong with me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Derek Vinyard wrote:Did anyone else receive another letter from the board after they were already approved to take the examination? This is unbelievable. I guess I won't be studying today and will be writing a letter to explain that i was studying for the LSAT 5 years ago when I was was not employed, driving to a notary, and then to the post office instead. It would have been easier just to type a response on the website, but unfortunately that is not an option. Perhaps they are doing this on purpose so people have less time to study and have to fill out forms instead. :shock:
Yeah, same thing happened to me. It's pretty typical. Also, doesn't mean that's the last letter you'll get either. I got one and then two more after that one.

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am

Which has been historically tested on the FL MCQ -- civil or criminal procedure? Or both?

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 pm

both. Those 2 are tested on every exam.
sgd19 wrote:Which has been historically tested on the FL MCQ -- civil or criminal procedure? Or both?

foundingfather

Silver

Post by foundingfather » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:02 pm

tag

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 am

I'm spreading the wealth. Mod edit: Not here you're not. Don't pirate shit here or preferably anywhere.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am

Anybody else doing Kaplan? In addition, I'm listening to the Grossman audio and doing practice questions daily. Not gonna lie, I'm avoiding essays because I don't have time and an intimidated. Anyone else struggling with this? Feel like they are not doing enough but doing the most?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:38 pm

mehiguess wrote:Anybody else doing Kaplan? In addition, I'm listening to the Grossman audio and doing practice questions daily. Not gonna lie, I'm avoiding essays because I don't have time and an intimidated. Anyone else struggling with this? Feel like they are not doing enough but doing the most?
I'm taking Kaplan. Yeah, I don't feel prepared for the essays either. I am hoping it will just come along in the next few weeks. I keep thinking *trust in the process*

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:04 pm

I'm taking Themis. I also feel totally unprepared for the essays, so don't worry, it's not just you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:14 pm

The best advice I can give you is breath, calm down and work at it every day. I already passed the UBE last July am admitted in NJ (pending NY) (late because i had old marital debts I wanted to clear before C&F). Now I'm clerking and studying and I'll be with you guys in the depths of the convention center in July.

They key is pound out MCQs or MBE questions every day, you learn half your law from these (I got a 168 on the MBE) and at least issue spot and outline 1 essay a day with writing 3 full blown essays a week. I was intimidated at first by the Florida essays mainly because the interrogatories are so different from the MEE, but I am taking the approach I took to understanding Shakespeare (negligence per se without a statute, etc.). There's gonna be shit you miss, I chose to totally ignore crim pro on an essay and still passed with a 327 overall.

I'm nervous and intimidated too, but the key is to use the anxiety to study and move forward.

I'm going to get off my soap box but my whole point is we can all do this. I'll be around if you want someone who has been "battle tested" already, but everyone here is capable if you keep your psyche in check. Best of luck!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am

robin600 wrote:

Just remember that discovery of contraband during a Terry frisk falls under plain view and is not excluded, unlike my home in NJ.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 pm

How's everyone feeling about Florida Con Law?

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:41 am

FL Con law is one of the last subjects on my barbri course schedule, so I haven't even really looked at it yet. That is definitely on my list of subjects that I hope doesn't come up.
Pass302 wrote:How's everyone feeling about Florida Con Law?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm

I am struggling a bit at this point. I believe last February's exam had a 57% pass rate, which seems pretty low. For those who are using or have used adaptibar, how did you use it to determine your likelihood of passing?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Derek Vinyard wrote:I am struggling a bit at this point. I believe last February's exam had a 57% pass rate, which seems pretty low. For those who are using or have used adaptibar, how did you use it to determine your likelihood of passing?
Struggling too. I wonder if it's really regression or just straight up burnout. The long days are starting to take their toll. I hear this is around the time we get mauled by practice questions... I've only been using Barbri so I really don't know about Adaptibar but I've heard good things.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:58 am

RC76 wrote:FL Con law is one of the last subjects on my barbri course schedule, so I haven't even really looked at it yet. That is definitely on my list of subjects that I hope doesn't come up.

It's not too bad, strict scrutiny includes physical disabilities, there are a ton of fundamental rights they like to pass laws to violate (done 4 practice questions this topic), a 6 factor bill technicality test, homestead, and stuff that's parallel to the US Const not bad, very doable.

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
RC76 wrote:FL Con law is one of the last subjects on my barbri course schedule, so I haven't even really looked at it yet. That is definitely on my list of subjects that I hope doesn't come up.

It's not too bad, strict scrutiny includes physical disabilities, there are a ton of fundamental rights they like to pass laws to violate (done 4 practice questions this topic), a 6 factor bill technicality test, homestead, and stuff that's parallel to the US Const not bad, very doable.
Don't forget about homestead, bonds, and state/county/muni preemption (all of which appear on the exam from time to time).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 am

wwwcol wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

Don't forget about homestead, bonds, and state/county/muni preemption (all of which appear on the exam from time to time).
Lol I mentioned homestead. Yeah I didn't feel like a comprehensive list. Finishing course a month before exam to really hammer info into my brain. I hope they don't mess with us and leave evidence in MC form, along with procedure...praying we get BE MC, that would be key.

Then I'm off to crack the code with their essays from hell, my only saving grace is roughly 75% is multiple choice, my wheelhouse. I never thought I would find myself wanting for multi state performance tests *gasp* my Kaplan rep read the script and I had to remind the sales lady that I'm taking Florida.

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:09 am

Although its possible they will test BE twice in a row, more likely it will be Wills and Evidence to go along with Procedure for the the MC.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:28 am

RC76 wrote:Although its possible they will test BE twice in a row, more likely it will be Wills and Evidence to go along with Procedure for the the MC.
this what i'm thinking too. the guy doing the BE lectures was like "yea they rarely ever test BE twice in a row.. but it's happened before."

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Young Marino wrote:
RC76 wrote:Although its possible they will test BE twice in a row, more likely it will be Wills and Evidence to go along with Procedure for the the MC.
this what i'm thinking too. the guy doing the BE lectures was like "yea they rarely ever test BE twice in a row.. but it's happened before."
I never count anything out and hope like crazy too though not having to deal with 120 hour rule and having strict per stripes helps. I only say about BE because the element of surprise is always there, I sat in the Javits Center last July and heard a massive sigh/groan when an article 9 essay showed up when it had just been tested in February, the girl next to me was rattled hardcore cuz her bar course told her article 9 never goes twice in a row.

I'm just wondering if they are ratcheting the difficulty of the MBE up again, the one in July seemed easier than id heard from others. Only took me 3 hours fifty minutes to burn through that puppy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”