Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lavarman84

Platinum

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by lavarman84 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 am

foundingfather wrote:
redsox550 wrote:I'm confused, can someone clarify what subjects get tested on the FL MC, is it only Corporations, vic pro, evidence and wills?
these are the historically tested Florida multiple choice subjects:

civil procedure
criminal procedure
judicial procedure
florida evidence distinctions
wills and estates (i think trusts is usually tested as an essay)
business partnerships
corporations

procedure is the only subject guaranteed to be on the bar exam
What outline would judicial procedure be on? I don't know if I've studied that at all. Is that on the FL Civil and Crim Pro outlines?

foundingfather

Silver

Post by foundingfather » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 am

lavarman84 wrote:
foundingfather wrote:
redsox550 wrote:I'm confused, can someone clarify what subjects get tested on the FL MC, is it only Corporations, vic pro, evidence and wills?

civil procedure
criminal procedure
judicial procedure
business partnerships
corporations

What outline would judicial procedure be on? I don't know if I've studied that at all. Is that on the FL Civil and Crim Pro outlines?
my understanding is that, yes, it's a part of crim pro and civ pro

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Barbri puts it under Florida Civ Pro. Haven't got that far in the course yet. That is there very last lecture which is tomorrow for my online class.
lavarman84 wrote:
foundingfather wrote:

civil procedure
criminal procedure
judicial procedure
business partnerships
corporations

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Much rather have Wills than Business.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 pm

not guilty wrote:Much rather have Wills than Business.
Same. Business enttities especially Corps kicks my ass. FL mc is prob the part of the exam I am most concerned about. I've done everything Barbri has told me to do thus far but I still don't think I've spent enough time on the fl mc topics.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:03 pm

I'd rather have wills, but it does make me a bit nervous. I really haven't done questions on wills in timed conditions. It seems like a majority of the barbri wills questions involve so many relatives and spouses, with half of them predeceasing the others, that i end up having to map it out just to make it more clear. Usually I get them right, but you know, 1.8 minutes per question has me worried.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:42 pm

RC76 wrote:I'd rather have wills, but it does make me a bit nervous. I really haven't done questions on wills in timed conditions. It seems like a majority of the barbri wills questions involve so many relatives and spouses, with half of them predeceasing the others, that i end up having to map it out just to make it more clear. Usually I get them right, but you know, 1.8 minutes per question has me worried.
At least it's only 25% of the exam. And I also heard questions onboth mbe and fl mc are much more straight forward than Barbri's hide the ball method

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:16 am

I don't want any part of Wills or Trusts. I know one or both will likely be on there, but I know shit about those two topics. I can BS my way through Business Enterprise questions.

mimim8

New

Post by mimim8 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 am

lavarman84 wrote:I don't want any part of Wills or Trusts. I know one or both will likely be on there, but I know shit about those two topics. I can BS my way through Business Enterprise questions.
To maybe put you at ease I passed the FL July 2012 bar.
I studied trusts for the entire duration of the actual lecture and a last minute memorization of just definitions because I didn't have the time. Needless to say, I was terrified at the prospect of getting a trust essay, but of course I did.

I literally just spilled out definitions- probably included definitions that didn't even apply and I still managed to pass this thing. You can do it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:55 pm

I know nobody probably knows this but anyone know that magic raw number range of questions right needed on the MBE to get the scaled 136?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Getting super anxious about this exam.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:03 pm

robin600 wrote:I know nobody probably knows this but anyone know that magic raw number range of questions right needed on the MBE to get the scaled 136?
If you get an extra 30 points between improving your raw score from the simulated exam and scaled I'd say getting 110 is prob enough. But honestly, I really want to cop that AUTOPASS score which I hear is generally around 150

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Young Marino wrote:
robin600 wrote:I know nobody probably knows this but anyone know that magic raw number range of questions right needed on the MBE to get the scaled 136?
If you get an extra 30 points between improving your raw score from the simulated exam and scaled I'd say getting 110 is prob enough. But honestly, I really want to cop that AUTOPASS score which I hear is generally around 150
So you're saying add 30 to your raw score?

Also - totally bombed the wills portion of the MC part. Yikes! Need to get on that. I haven't really looked at it since the lectures :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

What is the best source of real FL MC questions out there? Willing to buy anything, just would prefer real past questions with explanations.

Also, are we all assuming that commercial paper won't be tested on MC?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:25 pm

So... I took a practice exam and finished with an hour left on the Florida MC, does anyone have advice on what to do. Leave? Stay and mole over the answers? Just some food for thought.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

not guilty wrote:Much rather have Wills than Business.
I am in total agreement with you! It's my best MC topic.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Pass302 wrote:So... I took a practice exam and finished with an hour left on the Florida MC, does anyone have advice on what to do. Leave? Stay and mole over the answers? Just some food for thought.
It's pretty much common knowledge that the first answer you put down is usually right so I see no problem with leaving. I got done with 100 questions in 2 hrs on yhe simulated fl exam so yea...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Pass302 wrote:So... I took a practice exam and finished with an hour left on the Florida MC, does anyone have advice on what to do. Leave? Stay and mole over the answers? Just some food for thought.
If I finish early, I'm walking out. Do whatever you're comfortable doing.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Young Marino wrote:
It's pretty much common knowledge that the first answer you put down is usually right so I see no problem with leaving. I got done with 100 questions in 2 hrs on yhe simulated fl exam so yea...

Leave and get away, clear your mind and get ready for the MBE. I took the UBE last year and I finished an hour early for both sessions and left. Leave, clear your mind and get ready for the MBE.

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:36 pm

So I have this book: Kaplan PMBR Bar Exam Florida Bar Points Subject Memorization & Review 2016

but the damn answers aren't in the back. Anyone have those by chance?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

I think we may get a Trust Essay.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:27 am

I really dont think so. Last exam had a trust essay, and trust only comes up about 20-30% of the time. Also they historically havent tested trusts and wills together, and wills is due. They usually dont go a whole year without testing Wills. My prediction is Wills MC, Evidence MC, and essays for FL Con Law, Contracts, and either Art 9 or Torts.
Pass302 wrote:I think we may get a Trust Essay.

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:34 am

Property Essay :(

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:08 pm

RC76 wrote:I really dont think so. Last exam had a trust essay, and trust only comes up about 20-30% of the time. Also they historically havent tested trusts and wills together, and wills is due. They usually dont go a whole year without testing Wills. My prediction is Wills MC, Evidence MC, and essays for FL Con Law, Contracts, and either Art 9 or Torts.
Pass302 wrote:I think we may get a Trust Essay.
Really hope we don't get a Comm Paper essay. Also, they tested Trusts and Prop last exam and Comm Paper last summer. I think we're due for a fam law essay so I'd say Fam law, fl con and Torts or Contracts. I agree with your mc. Maybe we get a Secured Transactions idk

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Anyone take Themis FL MC. What's a good score. What's an average or good score for the real FL MC. If I get 70% mbe , 70% FL MC, can I bomb the essays?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”