Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ThisMan

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by ThisMan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 pm

robin600 wrote:
ThisMan wrote:
robin600 wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Dilbert was on trial for murder. Warrick, an eyewitness for the prosecution, testified that Dilbert fired the gun that killed the victim. As an admission by an opposing party as well as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony, the defense offered a properly authenticated report prepared by a technician at the state’s forensics lab based on swabs taken from Warrick’s hands at the time of the shooting that showed a trace amount of gun powder residue. The report characterized the amount as not forensically significant. Should the court admit this evidence over the prosecutor’s objection?

Answer Choices:
Yes, both as an admission of an opposing party and as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony.
Yes, but only as an admission of an opposing party.
Yes, but only as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony.
No.
Answer is A, but how is this not a confrontation clause violation even if there is a FL hearsay exception?
Only defendants get Confrontation Clause protections plus with admission by a party opponent you can't argue that you didn't have the opportunity to confront yourself.
Jesus christ right in front of my face...I think this means I need a study break...
I literally just missed a FL Civ Pro timing question because I miscounted on my own fingers. Bar fatigue is real, man. We'll get through this.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

ThisMan wrote:
robin600 wrote:
ThisMan wrote:
robin600 wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Dilbert was on trial for murder. Warrick, an eyewitness for the prosecution, testified that Dilbert fired the gun that killed the victim. As an admission by an opposing party as well as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony, the defense offered a properly authenticated report prepared by a technician at the state’s forensics lab based on swabs taken from Warrick’s hands at the time of the shooting that showed a trace amount of gun powder residue. The report characterized the amount as not forensically significant. Should the court admit this evidence over the prosecutor’s objection?

Answer Choices:
Yes, both as an admission of an opposing party and as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony.
Yes, but only as an admission of an opposing party.
Yes, but only as a means of impeaching Warrick’s testimony.
No.
Answer is A, but how is this not a confrontation clause violation even if there is a FL hearsay exception?
Only defendants get Confrontation Clause protections plus with admission by a party opponent you can't argue that you didn't have the opportunity to confront yourself.
Jesus christ right in front of my face...I think this means I need a study break...
I literally just missed a FL Civ Pro timing question because I miscounted on my own fingers. Bar fatigue is real, man. We'll get through this.
I know. My head feels so heavy. I'm planning on taking Saturday off then one last hard tune up Sunday before heading up there Monday. I'll just review some flashcards in the car or something to keep it light

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

I think Im going to head into Tampa on Sunday and try to calm down and get used to the buildup of adrenaline that this will sure to cause. I've got about a three hour drive ahead of me, so I guess it will be enough time to listen to a barbri lecture again.

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Has anyone done barbri's FL MC Questions, and also some from another source? I was just wondering how you thought the difficulty level was on Barbri's in comparison. I'm just hoping that Barbri questions are at least somewhat representative of the difficulty we will see on the bar.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:50 pm

RC76 wrote:Has anyone done barbri's FL MC Questions, and also some from another source? I was just wondering how you thought the difficulty level was on Barbri's in comparison. I'm just hoping that Barbri questions are at least somewhat representative of the difficulty we will see on the bar.
If you go on the bar website, there's a "study guide" on there with the same 26 mc questions. I'd say they are pretty comparable to Barbri at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

VeritasCognitio

New

Post by VeritasCognitio » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Young Marino wrote:
RC76 wrote:Has anyone done barbri's FL MC Questions, and also some from another source? I was just wondering how you thought the difficulty level was on Barbri's in comparison. I'm just hoping that Barbri questions are at least somewhat representative of the difficulty we will see on the bar.
If you go on the bar website, there's a "study guide" on there with the same 26 mc questions. I'd say they are pretty comparable to Barbri at this point.
I found Barbri's and Kaplan's questions are similar in difficulty.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Anyone have tips on how to remember procedures for shareholder voting? I can't keep it straight!

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:29 pm

how many problems on average have other takers attempted for the florida MCQ portion per subject? trying to decide what is the best use of time for last few days. is it better to squeeze in more problems or just accept the ones i completed and review them? i studied florida late and got like 50-60 per subject

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:41 pm

I'm doing barbri, and they provided me about 80-120 questions per FL MC subject. Ive gone through them a 2-3 times. I will be hitting the outlines of those subjects pretty hard in the next couple of days. I really want to score well on those MC questions to give me some padding in case there is an essay I blank on. Those essays have me worried.
sgd19 wrote:how many problems on average have other takers attempted for the florida MCQ portion per subject? trying to decide what is the best use of time for last few days. is it better to squeeze in more problems or just accept the ones i completed and review them? i studied florida late and got like 50-60 per subject

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

VeritasCognitio

New

Post by VeritasCognitio » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:28 pm

RC76 wrote:I'm doing barbri, and they provided me about 80-120 questions per FL MC subject. Ive gone through them a 2-3 times. I will be hitting the outlines of those subjects pretty hard in the next couple of days. I really want to score well on those MC questions to give me some padding in case there is an essay I blank on. Those essays have me worried.
sgd19 wrote:how many problems on average have other takers attempted for the florida MCQ portion per subject? trying to decide what is the best use of time for last few days. is it better to squeeze in more problems or just accept the ones i completed and review them? i studied florida late and got like 50-60 per subject
I have done about 600 FL MC questions. Of those over 200 were for procedure. It may be worth retaking and reviewing questions you got wrong in prior MC to help re-enforce those topics. That or you can do new questions, just ensure you review the answers.

I'm definitely worried about blanking on essays too.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:43 am

VeritasCognitio wrote:
RC76 wrote:I'm doing barbri, and they provided me about 80-120 questions per FL MC subject. Ive gone through them a 2-3 times. I will be hitting the outlines of those subjects pretty hard in the next couple of days. I really want to score well on those MC questions to give me some padding in case there is an essay I blank on. Those essays have me worried.
I have done about 600 FL MC questions. Of those over 200 were for procedure. It may be worth retaking and reviewing questions you got wrong in prior MC to help re-enforce those topics. That or you can do new questions, just ensure you review the answers.

I'm definitely worried about blanking on essays too.
I've done about 1300 Fl MC questions. (1) because I wanted to use them to get a grasp on the material better by doing problems and (2) because I wanted to boost up my MC points so I could be less stressed about the Essay questions.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:32 am

Anyone know what a scaled MBE 136 comes out to raw questions correct?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:23 pm

robin600 wrote:Anyone know what a scaled MBE 136 comes out to raw questions correct?

I have no idea, but what I will say is that last year when I took the MBE, I got a 128 on the Barbri Mid Term and ultimately scored at 147, so I am assuming that I did just about the same, so the 20 point+ that Barbri indicates might be reflective on the actual score. Just my speculation though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Pass302 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Anyone know what a scaled MBE 136 comes out to raw questions correct?

I have no idea, but what I will say is that last year when I took the MBE, I got a 128 on the Barbri Mid Term and ultimately scored at 147, so I am assuming that I did just about the same, so the 20 point+ that Barbri indicates might be reflective on the actual score. Just my speculation though.
FWIW:
BVest wrote:FWIW, here's a spreadsheet from 2015 where we self reported our practice MBE score and our final scaled score. If you sort by bar prep you get mean increases of (parenthetical range is ± 1 StDev):

Barbri +27.5 (+15.9 - +39.1)
Kaplan + 24.0 (+13.5 - + 34.5)
Themis + 22.0 (+11.4 - + 32.6)

Obviously, given the timing of the various courses' practice MBEs at about 3-4 weeks out from the bar, some of the increase will be due to additional studying and some will be due to the scaling.

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:34 am

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! You've got this! :)

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 am

Good Luck! Keep Calm! Lets get that passing percentage up to a respectable level. Way too low last exam!

I made a run by the convention center to see where it was this morning. The sign out front said "Bar Exam July 25-27". I thought to myself, the 27th? Who wants to do a third day! :lol:
andersonxc13 wrote:Good luck to everyone tomorrow! You've got this! :)

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Part A predictions?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm sticking with earlier prediction of Torts, Contracts, and FL Con Law. My runner up is Secured Transactions.

Reasoning is all 3 are highly tested at about a 70% rate. Last exam had neither Torts, or Contracts. Although FL Con law was tested last exam, it was the first time in several years. I am ruling out trusts...that is only tested at about 20-30% and was on last exam. Same with Property. Criminal just doesnt get tested often and was on a couple of exams in the last few years.

Finally, Im going with the strange combo of Wills And Business MC. They are way overdue to skip Evidence. Although, I prefer Wills and Evidence.
not guilty wrote:Part A predictions?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:50 pm

RC76 wrote:I'm sticking with earlier prediction of Torts, Contracts, and FL Con Law. My runner up is Secured Transactions.

Reasoning is all 3 are highly tested at about a 70% rate. Last exam had neither Torts, or Contracts. Although FL Con law was tested last exam, it was the first time in several years. I am ruling out trusts...that is only tested at about 20-30% and was on last exam. Same with Property. Criminal just doesnt get tested often and was on a couple of exams in the last few years.

Finally, Im going with the strange combo of Wills And Business MC. They are way overdue to skip Evidence. Although, I prefer Wills and Evidence.
I'm okay with this!

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Pass302 wrote:
RC76 wrote:I'm sticking with earlier prediction of Torts, Contracts, and FL Con Law. My runner up is Secured Transactions.

I'm okay with this!
What about a pure family law essay? Haven't had one of those since feb '15 and they are usually on every 3 or 4 exams.

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Essays- 5 of these 6 subjects hit:

Crim, Con Crim Pro- Murder, Robbery, search seizure, right to counsel
Torts- Negligence, Fla distinctions needed
Contracts- Revocation
Article 3- Note promise to pay
Fed Con Law- President power/freedom of press (Trump)
Ethics- Fee's and conflict

MC:

wills: slayer statute, codicil, adopted child, copy of will, caveat, revocation x 5.
civil pro: volunteer dismissal, trial demand, atty fee's, judicial notice, smj, depo's, med mal stuff
crim pro: privileges, insanity, homicide, charging info, alibi's, jury selection, adversary hearing, speedy trial x 2
evidence: unavailable witnesses, repuation, crim records, refresh memory, impeachment, objections, & about 10 hearsay questions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 pm

That would be fantastic. I think I could rock an alimony/distribution/child support question.
Young Marino wrote:
Pass302 wrote:

I'm okay with this!
What about a pure family law essay? Haven't had one of those since feb '15 and they are usually on every 3 or 4 exams.

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Well damn, it was

Adoption question
Secured transactions/comm paper
Fl con law

Where did all the mbe subjects go?

DWS07224

New

Post by DWS07224 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:45 pm

RC76 wrote:Well damn, it was

Adoption question
Secured transactions/comm paper
Fl con law

Where did all the mbe subjects go?
This will go down in history as the bar exam from hell.

DWS07224

New

Post by DWS07224 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:58 pm

There were two right answers for almost every question. No Evidence? Really?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”