Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Pass302

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Pass302 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm

redsox550 wrote:Anyone take Themis FL MC. What's a good score. What's an average or good score for the real FL MC. If I get 70% mbe , 70% FL MC, can I bomb the essays?
Not sure, but I do hope thats the case for me too!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 pm

redsox550 wrote:Anyone take Themis FL MC. What's a good score. What's an average or good score for the real FL MC. If I get 70% mbe , 70% FL MC, can I bomb the essays?
Yes, you can bomb the essays within reason.

I don't know about y'all, but the Florida MC questions are really fucking hard for me. It's a lot more focused on minutia than the MBE questions (which tend to focus more on concepts).

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:56 pm

lavarman84 wrote:

I don't know about y'all, but the Florida MC questions are really fucking hard for me. It's a lot more focused on minutia than the MBE questions (which tend to focus more on concepts).
So, I am taking Kaplan and their questions aren't so bad. I also did the sample ones on the Bar website and those weren't bad either. However, I did Barbri's and those threw me for a loop. So it may be the questions that you are getting from your bar prep course.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 am

Young Marino wrote:
RC76 wrote:I really dont think so. Last exam had a trust essay, and trust only comes up about 20-30% of the time. Also they historically havent tested trusts and wills together, and wills is due. They usually dont go a whole year without testing Wills. My prediction is Wills MC, Evidence MC, and essays for FL Con Law, Contracts, and either Art 9 or Torts.
Pass302 wrote:I think we may get a Trust Essay.
Really hope we don't get a Comm Paper essay. Also, they tested Trusts and Prop last exam and Comm Paper last summer. I think we're due for a fam law essay so I'd say Fam law, fl con and Torts or Contracts. I agree with your mc. Maybe we get a Secured Transactions idk
Fwiw, they could be evil and nail us with a PR essay too...like in 2006.

I'm hoping for a hybrid UCC 3 and UCC 9, they haven't done a co-existent essay yet and relatively easy to do since a security interest is a statutory exception to conditions placed on a note. I hate to cause anxiety but I first hand experienced freak outs when bar prep courses told kids art. 9 doesn't show up twice in a row yet the girl next to me was in total freak out mode when bam article 9 appeared...she ran to the bathroom green in the face. Bar Examiners can pull dirty tricks too.

I'm also not putting it past them to decide they're gonna change it up and put an evidence essay there.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:14 am

Pass302 wrote:
lavarman84 wrote:

So, I am taking Kaplan and their questions aren't so bad. I also did the sample ones on the Bar website and those weren't bad either. However, I did Barbri's and those threw me for a loop. So it may be the questions that you are getting from your bar prep course.
The only issue I had was there were some concepts Kaplan tested that weren't covered and some law that is extremely fresh...I'm not sure a unanimous verdict requirement for death penalty will come up since the FL Supreme Court decided that in Oct 2016. Then again Kaplan hammers you into submission in prep breaking you down then you get midterm and final to build you back up so by the time you get to MBE it seems easy as pie compared to their stuff. I scored 90 on the simulated FL MCQS fwiw.

And as a note, FL did change protocol a couple years ago and reserved the right to toss in other topics in the MC and divided into 3 or 4 units which are testable with 3 subjects each. It is possible that there could be Fam law sprinkled in MCQs as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Bob Hurt gets a round on me for this gem!
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... mpzQI3OczQ

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm

I did well on Florida MC practice exam. That's a huge relief. I'm now feeling good going into the exam. Just have to maintain with the MBE and the FL MC. I can bomb the essays and still pass.(although, I'm going to put work into the essays too)

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Sooo for homestead, it really is just the Tax issue and the Family Protections, right?

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 pm

anyone have a list of most frequently tested rules on essays. anyone have a rule sheet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DWS07224

New

Post by DWS07224 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:49 am

After Barbri's obsession with BE this summer, I wonder if the bar gods will make BE a substantial bar exam topic?

I'm NOT into Barbri's schedule. Am I crazy to just focus on 2-3 subjects a day that I struggle with? I want to master the C-pro's, Wills/Trusts, and evidence. Thoughts?

DWS07224

New

Post by DWS07224 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 am

Pass302 wrote:Sooo for homestead, it really is just the Tax issue and the Family Protections, right?

Yes. Also, if Greenacre is not specifically called a homestead, we can assume it's not right? Talking about Wills.

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:36 am

Yesterday, I officially parted ways with Barbri's schedule. I had been doing most of what they said to that point, and was 75% done with their total assignments. For the next 10 days, im planning on doing just 2 subjects per day (mbe in am, fl in pm), hitting most of the mbe subjects a second time in the rotation.

I will just sprinkle in smaller subjects like PR, delinquency, dependency, an hour here or there. Those are just filler to a broader essay. I'm not even sure why they spent as much time as they did on PR, as looking at past essays, it seems to only gets tested as a throw in paragraph. Seems like all you need to know is the following one minute of reading these phrases, "....would be a conflict of interest because", ".....can't charge a contingency fee in this case because its criminal/divorce/custody", "attorney cant comingle funds", and "attorney must assure client information will be confidential".

On a side note, I have to take the MPRE about 2 weeks after the bar exam.
DWS07224 wrote:After Barbri's obsession with BE this summer, I wonder if the bar gods will make BE a substantial bar exam topic?

I'm NOT into Barbri's schedule. Am I crazy to just focus on 2-3 subjects a day that I struggle with? I want to master the C-pro's, Wills/Trusts, and evidence. Thoughts?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:53 am

lavarman84 wrote:I did well on Florida MC practice exam. That's a huge relief. I'm now feeling good going into the exam. Just have to maintain with the MBE and the FL MC. I can bomb the essays and still pass.(although, I'm going to put work into the essays too)
I'm super jealous. I just got 56% on some practice questions on the bar website. ugh :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 am

robin600 wrote:
lavarman84 wrote:I did well on Florida MC practice exam. That's a huge relief. I'm now feeling good going into the exam. Just have to maintain with the MBE and the FL MC. I can bomb the essays and still pass.(although, I'm going to put work into the essays too)
I'm super jealous. I just got 56% on some practice questions on the bar website. ugh :(
Robin, they hammer hard on timing and evidence distinctions. Have you studied the character rules and notice requirements for propensity in child sex cases? Using SRM to shift blame to a third party?

Crim Pro also has distinctions too!!!!

Need help, I can provide it. I've condensed most topics to 15 pages or less.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:54 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Robin, they hammer hard on timing and evidence distinctions. Have you studied the character rules and notice requirements for propensity in child sex cases? Using SRM to shift blame to a third party?

Crim Pro also has distinctions too!!!!

Need help, I can provide it. I've condensed most topics to 15 pages or less.
And honestly dude, 56% on the real thing with passing essays is prob enough to get through the FL portion from what I've heard. Many practicing attorneys have told me that no matter how much you prepare for it, you always feel lost of FL mc.

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:11 pm

ugh

The Florida Board of Bar Examiners (“board”) notified ExamSoft candidates by email on May 2, 2017 at the opening of the ExamSoft registration period that Windows 10 Creators Operating System (“OS”) was not supported by ExamSoft or the board because it does not meet ExamSoft’s minimum system requirements.

All applicants using ExamSoft were advised not to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators OS if planning to use the laptop on the July 2017 examination. Anyone who had already updated to Windows 10 Creators was instructed to contact the board’s office for assistance with alternative options relating to the July 2017 examination.

The Florida Board of Bar Examiners will not allow the use of Windows 10 Creators OS because it is currently unsupported by ExamSoft. ExamSoft has notified the board that Microsoft is now implementing forced or automatic updates to Windows 10 Creators OS, and this update may affect you.

If you are planning on using a Windows device for the bar exam, to ensure a successful testing environment, it is critical that you monitor your computer to determine whether this update has occurred. ExamSoft has informed the board that you can quickly check your operating system version by completing the following steps:

1. Click on the windows start icon in your taskbar.
2. Type 'winver' and press enter. Your computer will automatically begin typing.
3. If your version number is '1703' you are currently on Windows 10 Creators. If you have any other version number you are not yet on Creators.

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
And as a note, FL did change protocol a couple years ago and reserved the right to toss in other topics in the MC and divided into 3 or 4 units which are testable with 3 subjects each. It is possible that there could be Fam law sprinkled in MCQs as well.
that would suck

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 pm

DWS07224 wrote:After Barbri's obsession with BE this summer, I wonder if the bar gods will make BE a substantial bar exam topic?

I don't think the Bar Examiners care what Barbri is/isn't doing to be honest.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:10 pm

robin600 wrote:
Sorry about the bragging. I had just been really struggling on the FL MC questions, so it felt good. I'm sure you'll be fine. I find that I randomly suck on FL MC questions at times and randomly do well at other times.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm

This is off topic, but if you're using a windows of with Windows 10, I would contact Microsoft through their online support system. My system pushed 10 creators update but I did not install it. The folks from Microsoft were able to hide the update so my system did not install it.

The bar examiners don't know this but I'm letting you know so you're not left with a cramped hand the morning of 7/25.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 pm

not guilty wrote:

BE was heavily tested on this past Feburary exam so hopefully we dodge a bullet. FL evidence, crim and wills would be amazing

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 am

Young Marino wrote:
not guilty wrote:

BE was heavily tested on this past Feburary exam so hopefully we dodge a bullet. FL evidence, crim and wills would be amazing

They have pulled the dirty trick in the past and testes BE and wills together!!!

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 am

I actually am pulling for the Wills-BE exam. BE and wills seem more straight forward to me anyways.

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 am

Themis thinks it is unlikely that evidence will be tsted 5 in a row though it has been in the past

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:28 pm

also its pretty obvious to me that family law and FL con law wil be tested... just based off of historical chart, probably with trusts

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”