Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hockeyman969

Bronze

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by hockeyman969 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm

LuluCoco wrote:I agree the 12 month rule is absolute an issue - I just wish I'd thought to discuss it in my analysis. (All I could remember re: Dependency law was DCF's failure to make diligent search and file affidavit to that effect so I focused on that - I was too panicky to recognize the 12 month issue.) My point was merely that: 1. I don't think the question was just asking about the Safe Haven Law; 2. to the extent the question was asking about the Safe Haven Law, I think one absolutely gets points for discussing issues implicated by that law; and, 3. I don't think there's any absolutely "right" answer to this or any other question.

Also, still really curious about length of some of the model answers - perhaps I am not as fast a typist as I thought. Or are extremely long model answers perhaps from people who had extra time on exam? (Although the fact that so many of the model answers seem to be lengthy seems to make that unlikely, at least statistically.)

Finally, is the fact that the mom and dad/boyfriend had since gotten married significant vis-a-vis a presumption of fatherhood?

I need to just get over this exam and stop obsessing about it - but I feel like it's haunting me!
Dissolution of an LLC and the first multiple issue essay on MEE haunted me. I've learned not to let it kill me, I can name every missed issue from July 2016, but what good will that do?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 am

Remember the curve guys. It exists. Not everyone who took the test is a legal eagle like most people on here.

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 am

robin600 wrote:Remember the curve guys. It exists. Not everyone who took the test is a legal eagle like most people on here.
The board includes extensive validation questions on the MC (you'd be surprised how many arn't real), but just to clarify there's no "curve" the way we're using that word. The board doesn't score essays so that 65% or 70% or some number of people must pass (the absence of a curve partly explains the dramatic decrease in the pass rate over the last few years).

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:21 pm

wwwcol wrote:
The board includes extensive validation questions on the MC (you'd be surprised how many arn't real), but just to clarify there's no "curve" the way we're using that word. The board doesn't score essays so that 65% or 70% or some number of people must pass (the absence of a curve partly explains the dramatic decrease in the pass rate over the last few years).
"You will not be able to determine any relationship between the total Part A raw score reported to you on the breakdown of scores by subject and your Part A scaled score as the sum of the converted section scores is used in determining the scaled score"

aka no one knows anything for certain.

Flo2017bartkr

New

Post by Flo2017bartkr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 am

hockeyman969 wrote:
LuluCoco wrote:I agree the 12 month rule is absolute an issue - I just wish I'd thought to discuss it in my analysis. (All I could remember re: Dependency law was DCF's failure to make diligent search and file affidavit to that effect so I focused on that - I was too panicky to recognize the 12 month issue.) My point was merely that: 1. I don't think the question was just asking about the Safe Haven Law; 2. to the extent the question was asking about the Safe Haven Law, I think one absolutely gets points for discussing issues implicated by that law; and, 3. I don't think there's any absolutely "right" answer to this or any other question.

Also, still really curious about length of some of the model answers - perhaps I am not as fast a typist as I thought. Or are extremely long model answers perhaps from people who had extra time on exam? (Although the fact that so many of the model answers seem to be lengthy seems to make that unlikely, at least statistically.)

Finally, is the fact that the mom and dad/boyfriend had since gotten married significant vis-a-vis a presumption of fatherhood?

I need to just get over this exam and stop obsessing about it - but I feel like it's haunting me!
Dissolution of an LLC and the first multiple issue essay on MEE haunted me. I've learned not to let it kill me, I can name every missed issue from July 2016, but what good will that do?
hockeyman969 wrote:

I completely agree that "Safe Haven Law" was just one issue, among many issues......It changes the Due Process part, but only that State did not have to "notify" mom, because sje already "agreed" to the adoption. IF she had come forward sooner, sje could have changed her mind...the State would have had to provide her an attorney, and a hearing, etc. She just waited too long. I hate thinking about it too...stressful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:30 pm

DWS07224 wrote:If you didn't pass, how will you cope?
find an easier state. failed the exam 3 times and i'm ready to leave. it's almost been virtually impossible for me to find a legal job without that bar license. not even the law clerk jobs are connecting for me so been working in non-legal.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm

sgd19 wrote:
find an easier state. failed the exam 3 times and i'm ready to leave. it's almost been virtually impossible for me to find a legal job without that bar license. not even the law clerk jobs are connecting for me so been working in non-legal.
Lol, I found a resolution by the board to evaluate the UBE and the UBE subjects. I wonder if by some miracle they go UBE whether a passing UBE score trumps a failing Florida local score. Wishful thinking I know lol.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Young Marino wrote:
Derek Vinyard wrote:
Get drunk, then take it again in February.
This. Don't even want to give this scenario much thought unless it really happens but my firm said even if I happen to fail this sick joke of a test, I still have a job. No other choice than to get back on the saddle and retake after getting wasted although I really don't want to think about going through that process again.
Same here, which honestly alleviates some of the stress. Would love that new associate salary though, getting married in December and weddings aren't cheap. God willing we're successful and do not have to deal with February. As "unfair" as the exam was I'm not looking for any sympathy if I didn't pass it.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Just received my notice of clearance from the bar examiners! One step closer... :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Pass302 wrote:Just received my notice of clearance from the bar examiners! One step closer... :lol:
Congrats! Got mine about a week before the exam. Just to be clear, this just means out character and fitness is good to go right? All we need is a passing result and we can get sworn in the same week?

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:10 am

Young Marino wrote:
Pass302 wrote:Just received my notice of clearance from the bar examiners! One step closer... :lol:
Congrats! Got mine about a week before the exam. Just to be clear, this just means out character and fitness is good to go right? All we need is a passing result and we can get sworn in the same week?
Cool! And yup that's my understanding. They asked me a million thousand questions so I finally being "done" is great.

ThisMan

New

Post by ThisMan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:05 pm

T-minus 2 weeks! May God go with us.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 am

ThisMan wrote:T-minus 2 weeks! May God go with us.
It's His will at this point. Hopefully there's no delay due to Irma.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 am

mehiguess wrote:
Irma better no be playin' with us.... How is everyone in Florida doing? Hopefully no damage and just a couple of days off of work.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 am

Pass302 wrote:
mehiguess wrote:
Irma better no be playin' with us.... How is everyone in Florida doing? Hopefully no damage and just a couple of days off of work.
Back at work tomorrow just gonna hope Irma didn't push results day back. 6 days is a long enough wait!

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

Young Marino wrote:
Pass302 wrote:
mehiguess wrote:
Back at work tomorrow just gonna hope Irma didn't push results day back. 6 days is a long enough wait!
FL Supreme Court just tweeted that results will not be affected by Irma. *Praise*

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Amazing. 5 days. I took off for judgement day. Anyone else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Young Marino wrote:Amazing. 5 days. I took off for judgement day. Anyone else?
I'll be at work. Just waiting for that tweet from the Supreme Court. FYI how do they list the results via applicant number?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Pass302 wrote:
I'll be at work. Just waiting for that tweet from the Supreme Court. FYI how do they list the results via applicant number?
Yea it's link to a pdf on the Supreme Court's website by applicant number found on the documents they send you. I heard they tell candidates that results are up by 2pm but in actuality, they are up by 7am.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm

+1

Come good news or bad, I'm drinking in excess.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 am

My reviewer must hate me because I was able to wrestle a document they needed from the court on monday.

Then again I may get letter after Monday, they haven't asked me any questions aside from 2 documents and a cert of good standing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 am

Can't believe it is almost here. I've been having trouble sleeping and focusing at work. Anyone else?

cojo2020

New

Post by cojo2020 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:35 pm

It's not just you. I'm definitely getting nervous. Praying we can see a PASS, YES on Monday.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm

cojo2020 wrote:It's not just you. I'm definitely getting nervous. Praying we can see a PASS, YES on Monday.
Just hoping for a pass and an understanding it was not my fault they got a document 6 weeks after they requested it, yeah I started the process a week after i got the letter but still...Bureaucrats suck.

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Indulge me, please. We all feel like MBE was what it was and if you studied enough it wasn't the worst thing in the world, right? And as far as FBE, it was a shitshow. The dependency and secured essays were like fuuuuuuuuu... and the fl con law was relatively fair. Given a pretty standard curve we should all be fine right? Right?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”