Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Young Marino

Silver

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Young Marino » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:24 pm

mehiguess wrote:Indulge me, please. We all feel like MBE was what it was and if you studied enough it wasn't the worst thing in the world, right? And as far as FBE, it was a shitshow. The dependency and secured essays were like fuuuuuuuuu... and the fl con law was relatively fair. Given a pretty standard curve we should all be fine right? Right?
I felt the opposite. I thought the FBE multiple choice was way easiet than the MBE and the essays were hard sure but I feel like if you knew at least some of the rule statements you wete going to be okay. The morning session for the mbe for me was a toss up. There were questions that were extremely similar to the Barbri ones I did then there were ones that might as well have been in a different language. The afternoon was very difficult but I think it was more so because I was just so tired and ready to be done. I walked out feeling like I failed the MBE but I hear that's the norm.

ThisMan

New

Post by ThisMan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:22 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:Website built ouch:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/bars ... ults.shtml
Alright, time to start freaking out and randomly refreshing the page over the next couple of days. :lol:

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:52 pm

Young Marino wrote:
mehiguess wrote:Indulge me, please. We all feel like MBE was what it was and if you studied enough it wasn't the worst thing in the world, right? And as far as FBE, it was a shitshow. The dependency and secured essays were like fuuuuuuuuu... and the fl con law was relatively fair. Given a pretty standard curve we should all be fine right? Right?
I felt the opposite. I thought the FBE multiple choice was way easiet than the MBE and the essays were hard sure but I feel like if you knew at least some of the rule statements you wete going to be okay. The morning session for the mbe for me was a toss up. There were questions that were extremely similar to the Barbri ones I did then there were ones that might as well have been in a different language. The afternoon was very difficult but I think it was more so because I was just so tired and ready to be done. I walked out feeling like I failed the MBE but I hear that's the norm.
I generally agree but with regard to the essays I feel like I knew one of them and was just basically writing rules paragraphs and making stuff up as I was going along. MBE I honestly feel was fair but FBE, no evidence? C'mon man?!

Teamesq

New

Post by Teamesq » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 am

I agree. 2/3 essays sucked, and fbe sucked. I can't speak on mbe, as I only took part A. I was advised to pay close attention to the essay topic frequency chart, and devote my study time accordingly. Secured, commercial paper, and juvenile dependency were 3 of the least tested topics. As such, if most people received the same advice (which most of the people I spoke to have), we should all be pretty much in the same boat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 am

Teamesq wrote:I agree. 2/3 essays sucked, and fbe sucked. I can't speak on mbe, as I only took part A. I was advised to pay close attention to the essay topic frequency chart, and devote my study time accordingly. Secured, commercial paper, and juvenile dependency were 3 of the least tested topics. As such, if most people received the same advice (which most of the people I spoke to have), we should all be pretty much in the same boat.
How/why did you only take part A of the mbe?

Teamesq

New

Post by Teamesq » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:12 am

This is my second time taking the Florida Bar. In February I passed the mbe, but failed part A (Florida), so I only retook the part I failed. As I'm thinking about it, I probably should have taken both to have a shot at the overall method of passing because the Florida portion was brutal.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 am

Teamesq wrote:I agree. 2/3 essays sucked, and fbe sucked. I can't speak on mbe, as I only took part A. I was advised to pay close attention to the essay topic frequency chart, and devote my study time accordingly. Secured, commercial paper, and juvenile dependency were 3 of the least tested topics. As such, if most people received the same advice (which most of the people I spoke to have), we should all be pretty much in the same boat.

Mehhh, I thought Santa left me a huge pile of deer shit and coal in my stocking for the dependency essay and then I thought I was in heaven for article 3/9.

Those essays were deceptive and nowhere near what prior essays looked like in range of possibilities.

Teamesq

New

Post by Teamesq » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

I probably did at least 70 practice essays throughout bar prep and NONE prepared me for dependency. The ucc essay wasn't horrible because I at least knew the rule of law and some application, but I certainly didn't expect ucc 3 and 9 in the same fact pattern. Plus by the time I got to that essay, I only had like 45 minutes left which really sucked. Oh well, no point of rehashing it now. Results are pretty much in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:56 am

Teamesq wrote:I probably did at least 70 practice essays throughout bar prep and NONE prepared me for dependency. The ucc essay wasn't horrible because I at least knew the rule of law and some application, but I certainly didn't expect ucc 3 and 9 in the same fact pattern. Plus by the time I got to that essay, I only had like 45 minutes left which really sucked. Oh well, no point of rehashing it now. Results are pretty much in.
Absolutely true, the site is even built groan.

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:37 am

The anxiety....

So we get results at midnight?

lapin

New

Post by lapin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:20 pm

In the exam room, they said by 2 pm tomorrow.

Teamesq

New

Post by Teamesq » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 pm

They usually say before 2 pm, but historically they are posted by 10.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

not guilty

Bronze

Post by not guilty » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Rumors are dumb.... but apparently an FSU professor is telling students that the results are sport on with February, except a record low failed Part A by itself (not to insinuate a record low failed overall).

They won't factor that in though on a press release. We won't get stats on just Part A. Hell, we won't get stats on anything besides 1st time takers from 7 schools.

Teamesq

New

Post by Teamesq » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:58 pm

That rumor doesn't seem credible. How would an Fsu professor have insight into the results prior to release? Furthermore, if they did have insight, I seriously doubt that they would share this information with others knowing that the rumor would spread like wild fire.

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 pm

not guilty wrote:Rumors are dumb.... but apparently an FSU professor is telling students that the results are sport on with February, except a record low failed Part A by itself (not to insinuate a record low failed overall).

They won't factor that in though on a press release. We won't get stats on just Part A. Hell, we won't get stats on anything besides 1st time takers from 7 schools.
That's crazy, holy shit... I'm inclined to believe the professor likely doesn't have the insight required to know that for sure, but I can't help but wonder.... is there any way this might be credible? I certainly believe it based on my own experience from Part A...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:39 pm

avamango wrote:The anxiety....

I wish, NY slaps you at midnight via email. Now the anxiety of looking for your number.

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:21 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:

I wish, NY slaps you at midnight via email. Now the anxiety of looking for your number.
I'm nervous.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:26 pm

avamango wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

I'm nervous.
I hate everything about this... I want my "pass" now so my aniexty can subside.

MrsJD

New

Post by MrsJD » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Judging by the general concensus after the exam, a record low on Part A sounds very realistic to me. If that's the case, they should recognize that there was something inherently flawed with that part. Numbers don't lie.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:09 am

And the final countdown begins...

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 am

MrsJD wrote:Judging by the general concensus after the exam, a record low on Part A sounds very realistic to me. If that's the case, they should recognize that there was something inherently flawed with that part. Numbers don't lie.
I totally believe it. Those essay questions were bullshit.
Last edited by lavarman84 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

avamango

New

Post by avamango » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 am

lavarman84 wrote:
MrsJD wrote:Judging by the general concensus after the exam, a record low on Part A sounds very realistic to me. If that's the case, they should recognize that there was something inherently flawed with that part. Numbers don't lie.
I totally believe. Those essay questions were bullshit.
+1

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:36 am

Firmly preparing myself to have passed MBE and have failed FBE, whether I have enough to pass overall is to be seen. Good luck all. Final countdown.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”