30 days of fulltime MBE practice is enough? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bluewin888

New

30 days of fulltime MBE practice is enough?

Post by bluewin888 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:41 pm

how long it takes to master or feel comfortable with MBE?

30 days x 8 hours a day for MBE.

Johann

Diamond

Re: 30 days of fulltime MBE practice is enough?

Post by Johann » Wed May 13, 2015 6:44 pm

You could suffice on 10. 30 will be a sure thing.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:17 pm

I think it has more to do with the amount of daily practice questions. Somewhere between 35-50 questions per day should get you acclimated.

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:31 pm

I am watching video and reviewing the testing points first.. before diving into the sea of mbe questions and essay..

also put together outlines in shorter version..

Will start MBE attacks next weeks... Planning 50-100 questions per day..
LAWYER2 wrote:I think it has more to do with the amount of daily practice questions. Somewhere between 35-50 questions per day should get you acclimated.

gk101

Gold

Post by gk101 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:40 am

bluewin888 wrote:how long it takes to master or feel comfortable with MBE?

30 days x 8 hours a day seems like overkill

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawJunky

New

Post by LawJunky » Sun May 17, 2015 4:00 am

gk101 wrote:

I disagree that a short burst of heavy studying is an effective approach for the MBE.

You need a much longer time to understand the difficult concepts of the MBE. Short, intense studying is far less effective than long term studying where you can grasp the extremely difficult concepts in property and evidence.

I scored a 1710 on the MBE in July 2014. I don't know my Feb 2015, and I may never know. If you want to score 1400, then your proposed method "may" work. If you want to do much better, you need to do less questions per day, with higher quality of research per question... and start right now.

You need to look into your law outlines for each and every question you get wrong, and for each question you got right for the wrong reason, and for each correct answer that you had any doubt about. If you do this, your law knowledge will expand exponentially.

I am sure that this is not the feedback you want to hear, but it is the feedback most students must hear. The MBE examiners write these questions over many years, and they have teams of people writing the questions. The questions are getting more difficult with each administration. Studying for one month is not sufficient to match the level of difficulty and complexity.

February 2015 was much harder than last July. I heard many many students say the July and Feb was easy. Yet they score 130. Who are they kidding? The examiners are not asking the same questions. They dreamed up a bunch of new questions in February. Just reviewing past questions isnot good enough any more. You must know the entire outline. The examiners are testing areas that have never been tested before.

I don't think I have ever seen any practice questions on loss of consortium. Yet that question was there in Feb. They love to test on the Federal Fair Housing Act in every which way. I don't think I have ever seen any practice questions on that. If I had failed this time, I would be doing each and every practice question at the end of each chapter of Emanuel's law outlines. Recycled MBE questions are becoming less valuable.

You have 72 days. 30 questions per day is 2100 questions, and that would be just minimally acceptable for me. But its the research after you do the practice questions that will set you apart.

Aim higher... The CBX demands it.

ONWARD (as 2807 would say... )

LJ

waxecstatic

Bronze

Post by waxecstatic » Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 am

LawJunky wrote:
gk101 wrote:

I disagree that a short burst of heavy studying is an effective approach for the MBE.

You need a much longer time to understand the difficult concepts of the MBE. Short, intense studying is far less effective than long term studying where you can grasp the extremely difficult concepts in property and evidence.

I scored a 1710 on the MBE in July 2014. I don't know my Feb 2015, and I may never know. If you want to score 1400, then your proposed method "may" work. If you want to do much better, you need to do less questions per day, with higher quality of research per question... and start right now.

You need to look into your law outlines for each and every question you get wrong, and for each question you got right for the wrong reason, and for each correct answer that you had any doubt about. If you do this, your law knowledge will expand exponentially.

I am sure that this is not the feedback you want to hear, but it is the feedback most students must hear. The MBE examiners write these questions over many years, and they have teams of people writing the questions. The questions are getting more difficult with each administration. Studying for one month is not sufficient to match the level of difficulty and complexity.

February 2015 was much harder than last July. I heard many many students say the July and Feb was easy. Yet they score 130. Who are they kidding? The examiners are not asking the same questions. They dreamed up a bunch of new questions in February. Just reviewing past questions isnot good enough any more. You must know the entire outline. The examiners are testing areas that have never been tested before.

I don't think I have ever seen any practice questions on loss of consortium. Yet that question was there in Feb. They love to test on the Federal Fair Housing Act in every which way. I don't think I have ever seen any practice questions on that. If I had failed this time, I would be doing each and every practice question at the end of each chapter of Emanuel's law outlines. Recycled MBE questions are becoming less valuable.

You have 72 days. 30 questions per day is 2100 questions, and that would be just minimally acceptable for me. But its the research after you do the practice questions that will set you apart.

Aim higher... The CBX demands it.

ONWARD (as 2807 would say... )

LJ
You sound like the Gestapo of bar studying.

gk101

Gold

Post by gk101 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am

It is a minimum competency exam. calm the fuck down bro

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Everyone studies differently. Hopefully with your study plan you'll figure out within the first week or two how well you're grasping things and then tweak accordingly. And definitely take the time to review your answers -- specifically any you get wrong.

There's no magic amount of days and hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”