Can anyone reccomend a supplement course for MBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jen29031991

New

Can anyone reccomend a supplement course for MBE?

Post by jen29031991 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:48 am

Could anyone reccomend a course specifically to help my MBE score? Im foreign educated and have failed the NY bar twice. I am going to give it one more shot in July but need a strategy to improve my MBE score.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Re: Can anyone reccomend a supplement course for MBE?

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm

How have you been prepping for the MBE?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Roughly, how many practice questions did you complete for each sitting?

jen29031991

New

Post by jen29031991 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:49 pm

I completed all of the barbri questions. I think I need to focus on the review of them more though. I was just looking to see if there were any courses which specifically target us who struggle with the MBE

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

I asked because obviously the more you do, the better you become. I would suggest upwards of 2500 questions and having access to various Q-banks that the above poster provided would help you get there. Also, understanding the tricks of the MBE through supplements like Strategies & Tactics for the MBE will help unlock the patterns.

jen29031991

New

Post by jen29031991 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Thanks all, I'll look into these options.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 pm

The MBE was my weak point of the exam as well.

The Strategies & Tactics book is helpful in that the "strategies" sections are really useful. I didn't do many of the questions in it because so many over lapped with the ones from Themis (they both use official NCBEX questions - though Themis does write some of their own).

Definitely focus on the explanations and perhaps keep a list of all of the rule statements for questions you get wrong and review it on occasion. You'll start to notice a patten in the questions you get wrong the most - i.e they'll have the same rule most of the time.

I also recommend making your own outlines for all of the MBE subjects in your own words so it makes sense to you and read them often as well.

I don't know much about MBE specific programs but I trust you'll find one that's right for you or tweak your strategy appropriately!

:)

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:16 pm

numbertwo88 wrote:The MBE was my weak point of the exam as well.

The Strategies & Tactics book is helpful in that the "strategies" sections are really useful. I didn't do many of the questions in it because so many over lapped with the ones from Themis (they both use official NCBEX questions - though Themis does write some of their own).

Definitely focus on the explanations and perhaps keep a list of all of the rule statements for questions you get wrong and review it on occasion. You'll start to notice a patten in the questions you get wrong the most - i.e they'll have the same rule most of the time.

I also recommend making your own outlines for all of the MBE subjects in your own words so it makes sense to you and read them often as well.

I don't know much about MBE specific programs but I trust you'll find one that's right for you or tweak your strategy appropriately!

:)
Good points! I also made flash cards (electronically copied & pasted) of the MBE questions I got wrong. I review all my wrong answers each night on my iPad before bed and in the morning before getting out of bed. Indeed, the ones I got wrong had patterns.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LawIsPrettyCool

New

Post by LawIsPrettyCool » Wed May 13, 2015 11:42 pm

100% recommend adaptibar. It was a million times better than barbri. If you need a discount code let me know.

Duchovnysfan

New

Post by Duchovnysfan » Thu May 14, 2015 2:53 am

Definitely go with Adaptibar! I really liked their explanations for answers on most subjects. I thought the Civ Pro questions were way in over my head but I think when I used there were no civ pro questions. Now that there is something, it may help them to come up with questions and take from what has been used already.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”