thinking of taking another bar exam a year later Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawgrl21

Bronze

thinking of taking another bar exam a year later

Post by lawgrl21 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 am

I went to law school in NY and took NY and NJ last summer and passed both. I am thinking of taking another bar exam this summer (Pa) and would take the time to study/will probably take a course since I know no Pa specific law. Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to study compared to last time? I expect it will be significantly easier since I will be familiar with the MBE subjects that were on last summers, but want to make sure I am not underestimating it. Would be interested in feedback from those with experience ( either personal or have had friends who had done it). Thanks!

seizmaar

Silver

Re: thinking of taking another bar exam a year later

Post by seizmaar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:11 am

i took ga july of last year and fla in feb. as you guess, the second time around is a much more pleasant experience. i didn't take any time off and just studied over coffee in the morning before work and a good amount during the weekends leading up to the bar. i used one of my friend's leftover bar review books. if you did fine on both nj and ny i don't think pa will be a problem.

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:40 pm

seizmaar wrote:i took ga july of last year and fla in feb. as you guess, the second time around is a much more pleasant experience. i didn't take any time off and just studied over coffee in the morning before work and a good amount during the weekends leading up to the bar. i used one of my friend's leftover bar review books. if you did fine on both nj and ny i don't think pa will be a problem.
Did the same thing (Texas July 2014, Oklahoma Feb 2015). My "care" factor was in the negative. Still went though the motions and outlined, did some timed MBE exercises, but it was much less stressful. Just make sure you prep for civ pro on the mbe.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:50 am

I took NY in July 2014 and passed. I then took PA in Feb 2015 and passed. I studied for a grand total of 2 days for Feb. I was too busy with work so I could only put in a weekend. All I did was study all the PA outlines I got from a friend to get used to PA law. At the end of the day, my MBE was high enough and my essays were ok (bad on the law but good otherwise). I honestly feel that I could have passed without studying PA law altogether. I end up getting a 153 on the MBE and passed by 20+ points. A couple of essays were bad (not knowing the right PA law at all), others were average, but I scored very high on the PT (having practiced and written a lot for the past 8 months).

I actually got a bit lower MBE score On the July, who knows. I think if you do well on the MBE (140+), and if you right good essays, you should pass without much studying. Pm for more details if you like to know more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”