Test day violations Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
aretoodeetoo

New

Test day violations

Post by aretoodeetoo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

Anyone else see an entire stack of write-ups? As bad as you think you did, at least you didn't get some bs Chapter 6 citation or whatever.

WORLDSTAR

New

Re: Test day violations

Post by WORLDSTAR » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Apparently, someone in NY got owned by BOARD RULE 6000.9. They were caught cheating.

Barbarbara

New

Post by Barbarbara » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:28 pm

No one around me was caught doing anything. Some guy did briefly put up the hood on his hoodie, but he just got a warning.

fslexcduck

New

Post by fslexcduck » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm

WORLDSTAR wrote:Apparently, someone in NY got owned by BOARD RULE 6000.9. They were caught cheating.
Uh, that might have been me. I'm the asshole who didn't realize we weren't supposed to write on the seat ticket. I wrote on the back of mine during the exam... it was blank when I came in, and I never left the exam with it or anything, I was just writing notes about which questions to come back to bc it seemed easier than writing them in the booklet. Anyways they wrote me up so crossing my fingers they're not gonna be dicks about it. Not like it conferred any advantage or anything.

Yikes. My mother always told me I'd get in trouble for not being able to listen to instructions.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:19 pm

I stuck my cell phone in my boot. I didn't trust the test examiners.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txsunshine

Bronze

Post by txsunshine » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:57 pm

The proctors found notes in the men's bathroom at my site. They questioned some people but didn't seem like they could figure out who it was.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 pm

is the baRRR so hard that its sufficient to make people risk their entire careers?

fslexcduck

New

Post by fslexcduck » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Anyone care to opine on what they think is going to happen to me?

(Please only opine if your opinion is that they're not gonna punish me. JKJK... sorta)

Jimothy

New

Post by Jimothy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 pm

fslexcduck wrote:Anyone care to opine on what they think is going to happen to me?

(Please only opine if your opinion is that they're not gonna punish me. JKJK... sorta)
Honestly, as long as they have the details of what happened, I can't see anything going too horribly wrong for you. We had scrap during the essays regardless, and there's really nothing you could have written that would have assisted you with the MBE.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TxBarTaker09

Bronze

Post by TxBarTaker09 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 pm

I would say the only concern would be if you were trying to copy MBE questions, but if it's clear that you were not and it conferred no other advantage I don't think it'll be a big deal.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:50 pm

numbertwo88 wrote:I stuck my cell phone in my boot. I didn't trust the test examiners.
The cell phone rule is kind of bullshit, especially with respect to tests that are administered in major cities. I mean it's one thing to say be absolutely sure your phone is off (and to punish someone for it if they fuck up), but it's another to say that you can't even bring a phone into the test room. If you're not from the major city that your exam is in, it can be incredibly difficult to get to and from somewhere to eat within that hour lunch time frame without a cell phone (assuming you're not awesome with directions). And storage location for your stuff that you can't bring into the test room is completely unsecured---so for sure someone is going to steal your smartphone that's going to cost you $800 to replace. Fuck all that.

ditch digger

Bronze

Post by ditch digger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Someone brought their Critical Pass flashcards into the exam room on the day I took the MBE. One of the proctors was so pissed after she caught word of it that I though she was going to strip search everyone in the room.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”