When to Take Patent Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BaberhamLincoln

Gold

When to Take Patent Bar

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm

When do people suggest taking the patent bar? I've heard all different pieces of advice...(take it before the bar, take it after, take it over some summer, etc)

wondering if people have suggestions

Tomego

New

Re: When to Take Patent Bar

Post by Tomego » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 am

Where are you at in your schooling?

I would suggest to take it as soon as you can. For example, I would suggest taking it before law school after undergrad if you can make yourself do it. The earlier you start taking it, the earlier you will get it done. Not to scare you but the passage rate has been pretty poor since they changed the test in March 2013. Might as well get it taken care of so you can focus on your studies.

If you are already in law school, I'd suggest scheduling it around a break. I scheduled it around the spring break at my school. You have to take it in a test center and that is something you might need to schedule months in advance, I didn't get the date I wanted when I scheduled for it 2 months out.

If you are done with law school and getting ready for the state bar, I'd suggest doing it afterwards. No reason to pile on more studying to what is already more material than you are going to be able to retain.

dovlet

New

Re: When to Take Patent Bar

Post by dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 pm

I took in summer after my 2nd year in august, and then took in September and passed. No way you should do it at the same time as bar exam prep.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”