Patent Bar exam prep Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mike0331

Bronze

Patent Bar exam prep

Post by mike0331 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 am

Hi all. I'm working a year between my undergrad and law school, and I have a lot of down time. What study materials should I get so I can take and pass the exam this upcoming spring/summer, and have with me at work?

Thanks

Mike

yuzu

Bronze

Re: Patent Bar exam prep

Post by yuzu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm

The most popular course is the PLI course. It's kind of expensive though. If you are looking for a secondhand copy, be sure that it is updated for the recent changes in the exam. Be sure to do lots of old problems since some questions are reused.

A cheaper option is OmniPrep.

Tomego

New

Post by Tomego » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 am

I decided to get into patent law during law school. Won't bore you with details but I had to enroll concurrent with law school to pursue a second degree. I did it but didn't have time to waste on studying. I got the PLI materials, pricy, and passed the first time. Considering the passage rate last year was a dismal 43% and I passed on the first time, I'd say it was a good investment for me. If you have some downtime, you might be able to go with something cheaper. That said, if you get it done before your first 1L summer you will be a great spot for internships. Best of luck!

accessislife

Bronze

Post by accessislife » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Anyone have any comments on OmniPrep v. Patbar? Those seem to be the most affordable two options but I can't find a good comparison/feedback including both programs.

dovlet

New

Post by dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I used patentbar.org and made notes and did old tests. Failed, took review with prometric and passed on second try.

LitttUp

New

Post by LitttUp » Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 pm

I took PLI and passed in April 2017. I have the book (with plenty of highlights and notes...) and will probably list on eBay this week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”