PA Bar Wait Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dudewithgame

New

PA Bar Wait Group

Post by dudewithgame » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Anyone think we'll be lucky and have results come out this coming Friday (10/10)?

VermiciousKnid

New

Re: PA Bar Wait Group

Post by VermiciousKnid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Doubt it...probably next friday.

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:09 am

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. I heard that last year they emailed on the Monday before they game out on that Friday to let everyone know. If that's what they do every year, then it's definitely not coming out this week. :roll:

Super Hans

New

Post by Super Hans » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 am

So it should be this Friday, right? Perhaps an announcement either by e-mail or the website later in the day Wednesday to announce that results will be out Friday afternoon?

jt262

New

Post by jt262 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm

My understanding is that we will receive an email before they are released. Last year, they were released on Friday, Oct. 18th. If they are consistent, results will be released this Friday, Oct. 17th. We should be getting an email over the next few days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 am

I sure hope we get them this Friday. I haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully we do soon. Someone who took it last year said they emailed them a few days before, so I guess we need to keep checking the email account we used to apply to take the exam.

acc82

New

Post by acc82 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:33 am

Temple has a bar admission ceremony scheduled for 10/21. I think that's a pretty strong indication that it's going to be 10/17.

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Temple has a bar admission ceremony scheduled for 10/21. I think that's a pretty strong indication that it's going to be 10/17.
Did they send you an email or something about that?

acc82

New

Post by acc82 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:40 pm

dudewithgame wrote:
I heard about it on another forum and then checked the website. It's definitely legit. --LinkRemoved--

I think that's pretty definitive evidence that results will be out on 10/17.

Funny story about my level of obsession and panic that has set in ...

I am a Temple '13 grad but postponed taking the bar until July '14. I panicked when I saw mention of the ceremony on another forum because I hadn't received an email from Temple about it and assumed that meant that I didn't pass. However, I checked my email from last year and I did receive an email for the 2013 ceremony. I didn't even sit for the exam in 2013, so the email invite obviously just goes out to that year's listserv.

I seriously need to take a deep breath. Only a few more days!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 pm

acc82 wrote:
dudewithgame wrote:
I heard about it on another forum and then checked the website. It's definitely legit. --LinkRemoved--

I think that's pretty definitive evidence that results will be out on 10/17.

Funny story about my level of obsession and panic that has set in ...

I am a Temple '13 grad but postponed taking the bar until July '14. I panicked when I saw mention of the ceremony on another forum because I hadn't received an email from Temple about it and assumed that meant that I didn't pass. However, I checked my email from last year and I did receive an email for the 2013 ceremony. I didn't even sit for the exam in 2013, so the email invite obviously just goes out to that year's listserv.

I seriously need to take a deep breath. Only a few more days!
Wow well they should come out on Friday, then. Hopefully! Everyone keeps asking me how I did, and it started to get old over a month ago

Super Hans

New

Post by Super Hans » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:16 pm

There is an excellent troll/conflicting information battle going on on another site regarding whether this Temple 10/21 ceremony has already been postponed. Anyone from that school heard anything?

mt1042

New

Post by mt1042 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm a Temple grad. There has been NO, I repeat NO indication that the ceremony will be postponed. Hopefully, we get that email tomorrow.

Super Hans

New

Post by Super Hans » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 am

mt1042 wrote:I'm a Temple grad. There has been NO, I repeat NO indication that the ceremony will be postponed. Hopefully, we get that email tomorrow.

That's excellent news, thanks. Now hopefully we get an e-mail late this afternoon that says results will be out Friday. Best of luck to everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:04 am

Is PA a hardass a la Florida when it comes to C&F? Anyone experience delays?

BigJohnny

New

Post by BigJohnny » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 am

BlueLotus wrote:Is PA a hardass a la Florida when it comes to C&F? Anyone experience delays?

I've had some C&F issues (debt, old DUI) with this administration. I have to say that they've been contacting me pretty regularly regarding anything they needed or to ask me questions about the file. It seems like they were more concerned over the debt issues than anything else, though. Generally want me to pay up creditors (already was working with them to do that), explain the debt, etc. In fact, the debt issue is the only thing they were "hard" about, going as far as to ask me to pay a debt that was 3 years old, had been a "charge off by agreement," is not in collections, and has nobody that I can actually pay to take care of it.

...I had to control my urge to point out the website states they "aren't a debt collection agency" to the examiner, but them's the breaks. If you haven't heard from them, I wouldn't worry, and if you have you probably would have received a C&F letter saying they may not certify your admission unless you take care of or provide adequate explanation for the issue. That was my experience at least, and I haven't heard from them since last week...so I guess I'll know more about the process after results are released.

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:43 am

BigJohnny wrote:
BlueLotus wrote:Is PA a hardass a la Florida when it comes to C&F? Anyone experience delays?

I've had some C&F issues (debt, old DUI) with this administration. I have to say that they've been contacting me pretty regularly regarding anything they needed or to ask me questions about the file. It seems like they were more concerned over the debt issues than anything else, though. Generally want me to pay up creditors (already was working with them to do that), explain the debt, etc. In fact, the debt issue is the only thing they were "hard" about, going as far as to ask me to pay a debt that was 3 years old, had been a "charge off by agreement," is not in collections, and has nobody that I can actually pay to take care of it.

...I had to control my urge to point out the website states they "aren't a debt collection agency" to the examiner, but them's the breaks. If you haven't heard from them, I wouldn't worry, and if you have you probably would have received a C&F letter saying they may not certify your admission unless you take care of or provide adequate explanation for the issue. That was my experience at least, and I haven't heard from them since last week...so I guess I'll know more about the process after results are released.
I haven't heard from them at all, so I hope you're right on that... I've been getting nervous since I haven't.

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:43 am

As per the website: http://www.pabarexam.org/bar_exam_infor ... esults.htm

"Results for the July 2014 bar exam will be posted on October 17th after 4:00 pm EST. Below are some links to helpful information on bar exam results."

Good luck all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LgllyBlnde

New

Post by LgllyBlnde » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:06 pm

thwalls wrote:As per the website: http://www.pabarexam.org/bar_exam_infor ... esults.htm

"Results for the July 2014 bar exam will be posted on October 17th after 4:00 pm EST. Below are some links to helpful information on bar exam results."

Good luck all.

Where did you see this - I still see the February results page!

PS - I did click on the letters to see if February results still came up and they do NOT, so I'm assuming this information is correct!

VermiciousKnid

New

Post by VermiciousKnid » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:18 pm

LgllyBlnde wrote:
thwalls wrote:As per the website: http://www.pabarexam.org/bar_exam_infor ... esults.htm

Good luck all.

Where did you see this - I still see the February results page!

PS - I did click on the letters to see if February results still came up and they do NOT, so I'm assuming this information is correct!
Earlier I was just seeing it in a pop-up on the main home page, now its showing in the previously posted link.

forward_pass

New

Post by forward_pass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Quick question --

Does anyone know if they're release privately via email first, and then publicly on the website -- or are they just released publicly right away?

arkhamhorror

Bronze

Post by arkhamhorror » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 pm

forward_pass wrote:Quick question --

Does anyone know if they're release privately via email first, and then publicly on the website -- or are they just released publicly right away?
All at once on the web site. I don't recall ever actually receiving an e-mail, come to think of it. Just saw my name, then got the packet about five days later.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

forward_pass

New

Post by forward_pass » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:25 pm

arkhamhorror wrote:
forward_pass wrote:Quick question --

All at once on the web site. I don't recall ever actually receiving an e-mail, come to think of it. Just saw my name, then got the packet about five days later.
Okay, thank you!

FilliesPhlyers

New

Post by FilliesPhlyers » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 pm

First, let me say, damn I'm glad this wait is almost over.

Second, does anyone know why the PA Supreme Court permits some people access to the names of successful applicants prior to the release date? I find this to be utterly shameful and unethical. I know of six people in the Philly area who are aware of their status because of a connection. Do other states allow this to occur?

See you at the bars...

dudewithgame

New

Post by dudewithgame » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:24 am

FilliesPhlyers wrote:First, let me say, damn I'm glad this wait is almost over.

Second, does anyone know why the PA Supreme Court permits some people access to the names of successful applicants prior to the release date? I find this to be utterly shameful and unethical. I know of six people in the Philly area who are aware of their status because of a connection. Do other states allow this to occur?

See you at the bars...
I haven't heard of anyone knowing, so I must not know someone in the know (lots of "know"s I threw in there)

BigJohnny

New

Post by BigJohnny » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:05 pm

FilliesPhlyers wrote:First, let me say, damn I'm glad this wait is almost over.

See you at the bars...
On your second point, let me posit a few options:

1) They could be talking out their ass. It's not unknown, we all know people who "killed every final and scored top of the class" and then didn't get "invited back" in their second year.

2) The results are public, so letting some people know in advance by a personal phone call doesn't really offend me. I'm not sure how unethical it is considering that, since the results were delivered to the PA Supreme Court yesterday, they're only getting a 2-day jump on knowing. Seems like a double-edged sword though, as you would also (I assume) be getting told if you didn't pass, and that's information I can do without knowing until tomorrow.

3) I'm not sure about the ethics of this. I'd assume these people aren't getting like a list of pass and fails, but are probably just getting told whether they specifically passed or failed.

4) Yep, I know someone on the court. It doesn't really faze me...I know they got the results of those who definitely passed and definitely failed, but those who are being re-scored aren't being given to them until tomorrow. So it kinda just seems like if this is happening it's because those people either definitely passed or didn't.

5) Those people you know are jackasses. The correct decorum when someone does you a favor like this is to not start blabbing about it but rather to keep your mouth shut. I assume they were told as a favor so they could stop stressing or, if they didn't pass, have a quiet breakdown in advance of the results as a personal favor. To toss that information out there is asinine. It betrays the trust the court connection put in them when they did the favor, and just spreads crap among those who haven't gotten results yet. I bet these are the same people who made "anonymous grading" not so anonymous by immediately broadcasting their grades on Facebook instead of doing the humble "I did okay" response.

6) They still haven't gotten their letter recommending admission. If you really want to have fun, test around to see who has a C&F issue you can make them continue worrying about.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”