PA Bar Wait Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AnaMariana42

New

Re: PA Bar Wait Group

Post by AnaMariana42 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Got mine today, in Massachusetts. Scored COMICALLY low on some of the essays (including a literal 3 on the corporations question ... oops) but carried through on a reasonably strong MBE and a very high score on the con law/employment law q. Sounds a lot like my law school experience in general, lmao...

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:50 pm

The "Proud to announce that I passed the PA Bar Exam" posts on linkedin are unbearable. Some people even put "Esq." after their names. Lol.

ultravires4life

New

Post by ultravires4life » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 Thank you for all who update the log.

bigbossman

New

Post by bigbossman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Scored a whopping 9 on the PT. Still passed that john with a smooth 283. I'll take it.

Fivedham

Bronze

Post by Fivedham » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:55 pm

bigbossman wrote:Scored a whopping 9 on the PT. Still passed that john with a smooth 283. I'll take it.
I scored a 9 on the crim law essay, and I work in crim. Oops. Still passed, but kinda funny.

On a logistics note, for our Oath of Admission, can we get a notary or a judge from a different state (i.e. not Pennsylvania) to administer it? It seems to say we can get any judge in any jurisdiction to give it, I just wanna make sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AnaMariana42

New

Post by AnaMariana42 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:02 pm

bigbossman wrote:Scored a whopping 9 on the PT. Still passed that john with a smooth 283. I'll take it.
Right? Any point over the minimum needed to pass is study time wasted, or something :lol: :lol:

VSCPGH

New

Post by VSCPGH » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:46 am

Obviously I'm still living in denial and don't have my scores yet, but if we're really close, is there any way to have essays re graded? I felt great about those.. wondering if I bombed the MBE. :roll:

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 am

VSCPGH wrote:Obviously I'm still living in denial and don't have my scores yet, but if we're really close, is there any way to have essays re graded? I felt great about those.. wondering if I bombed the MBE. :roll:
Yeah you can appeal your essay grading--I don't know how the process works but I know it's available.

If it's any comfort, I did really really well on the MBE and I felt like I did terribly. I did average on the essays and I felt like I crushed those. So hopefully your MBE score is better than you think and you can appeal your essay grading.

VSCPGH

New

Post by VSCPGH » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 am

ronanOgara wrote:
VSCPGH wrote:Obviously I'm still living in denial and don't have my scores yet, but if we're really close, is there any way to have essays re graded? I felt great about those.. wondering if I bombed the MBE. :roll:
Yeah you can appeal your essay grading--I don't know how the process works but I know it's available.

If it's any comfort, I did really really well on the MBE and I felt like I did terribly. I did average on the essays and I felt like I crushed those. So hopefully your MBE score is better than you think and you can appeal your essay grading.
Thank you! I hope you're right.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:58 am

ultravires4life wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 Thank you for all who update the log.
it's on view only

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:59 am

166 mbe, 156 essays. glad i didn't waste $1,000 on a prep program!

ultravires4life

New

Post by ultravires4life » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:00 pm

mcweanis wrote:166 mbe, 156 essays. glad i didn't waste $1,000 on a prep program!
mcweanis wrote:
ultravires4life wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 Thank you for all who update the log.
it's on view only
Thank you for trying.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm

ultravires4life wrote:
mcweanis wrote:166 mbe, 156 essays. glad i didn't waste $1,000 on a prep program!
mcweanis wrote:
it's on view only
Thank you for trying.
I tried too.

155 MBE. Scored a 141 on the Barbri midterm and a 67 on the refresher.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fivedham

Bronze

Post by Fivedham » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:37 am

ultravires4life wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
it's on view only
Thank you for trying.
I tried as well. If it ever works:

147 on the Themis Simulated MBE, 167 scaled MBE in the actual thing. I did all 2,000-some Themis PQs. I did Themis/AdaptiBar and was scoring between 65-85% on the 50 question mixed sets. My Adaptibar percentage was way lower, I think I averaged like 65% over 1,500 questions.

Was kinda shocked because in the first few weeks of bar prep, I wasn't breaking 65%. Thought the real MBE was damn hard too, I marked like 30 questions as genuine "I dunno" types.

ultravires4life

New

Post by ultravires4life » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 am

Fivedham wrote:
ultravires4life wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
it's on view only
Thank you for trying.
I tried as well. If it ever works:

147 on the Themis Simulated MBE, 167 scaled MBE in the actual thing. I did all 2,000-some Themis PQs. I did Themis/AdaptiBar and was scoring between 65-85% on the 50 question mixed sets. My Adaptibar percentage was way lower, I think I averaged like 65% over 1,500 questions.

Was kinda shocked because in the first few weeks of bar prep, I wasn't breaking 65%. Thought the real MBE was damn hard too, I marked like 30 questions as genuine "I dunno" types.
ronanOgara wrote:
ultravires4life wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
it's on view only
Thank you for trying.
I tried too.

155 MBE. Scored a 141 on the Barbri midterm and a 67 on the refresher.
Thanks guys. You all did very well. Great job!

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:15 am

Can anyone administer our oath (part 3 of the application, entitled "Oath of Admission") and sign off? It says anyone authorized to administer oaths in any jurisdiction.

Fivedham

Bronze

Post by Fivedham » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:57 am

transferror wrote:Can anyone administer our oath (part 3 of the application, entitled "Oath of Admission") and sign off? It says anyone authorized to administer oaths in any jurisdiction.
I called the prothonotary yesterday to ask this exact question. I think I got her direct line by accident.

Basically, she said yes. I'm a law clerk in a neighboring state, so I clarified to see if state judges in non-PA jurisdictions could do it, and she said yes. In some states, attorneys are also licensed as notaries, so that could work too. Check your state notary regulations.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TLSMAM712

New

Post by TLSMAM712 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Tried to update as well but it's on view only.

PASSED PA (!)
Course: Barbri
Actual MBE: 151
Simulated: 113

Essay score 165--felt GREAT after essay day. Had self totally convinced I bombed MBE, felt like guessing between 2-3 answers throughout (with a few exceptions). Finished 90% of Barbri.

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Passed
Course: Themis (completed around 50%)
Actual MBE: 160
Practice MBE: Never did a full 200 set at once, but averaged 65-70% and completed around 1400 practice Qs

I studied seriously for about 5 weeks. I spent 4 weeks doing nothing but MBE prep (doing 100-150 Q per day towards the end) and turned to the essays only after I was consistently scoring about 70%. Everyone else I know who solely focused on scoring 150+ on MBE (and basically ignoring essays) did well, too. Really happy with Themis MBE prep and ability to make my own schedule.

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:50 am

should have noted this is my second exam. passed NY in july 2014. borrowed last year's barbri books from a friend and studied from that.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your actual license and attorney ID No. after you send in the application or how any of that works. I'm waiting to get a raise at work and they won't give it to me until everything is official.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fivedham

Bronze

Post by Fivedham » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:21 pm

OnTheRise wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to get your actual license and attorney ID No. after you send in the application or how any of that works. I'm waiting to get a raise at work and they won't give it to me until everything is official.
I sent my stuff in on Tuesday last week, so I imagine I'll get my license in a few days, depending on how quick they process it in Pittsburgh. They say it shouldn't take longer than 10 days.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Fivedham wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to get your actual license and attorney ID No. after you send in the application or how any of that works. I'm waiting to get a raise at work and they won't give it to me until everything is official.
I sent my stuff in on Tuesday last week, so I imagine I'll get my license in a few days, depending on how quick they process it in Pittsburgh. They say it shouldn't take longer than 10 days.
That's good news. Mine went out in Wednesday's mail so hopefully it is here in a day or two.

kfgm

New

Post by kfgm » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am

OnTheRise wrote:
Fivedham wrote:
That's good news. Mine went out in Wednesday's mail so hopefully it is here in a day or two.

Has anyone received theirs yet? I sent mine in over 10 days ago, and it doesn't even show that the check was cashed.

Mhens

New

Post by Mhens » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:04 pm

kfgm wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:
Fivedham wrote:

Has anyone received theirs yet? I sent mine in over 10 days ago, and it doesn't even show that the check was cashed.
I sent mine in on the Wednesday after we received results (Oct. 12) and I think I received the letter back around Oct. 21, it was dated Oct. 17.

I would give it another day or two and then follow up with Prothonotary's Office

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”