CO C&F review complete? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Prairie

Bronze

CO C&F review complete?

Post by Prairie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 am

CO Bar applicants:

I received a notification from CO Bar people stating that their "Character and Fitness review of your Colorado bar application is complete." Does anyone know if this means they have gathered all the data or if they have actually finished the entire review? Did I "pass" my C&F? I found the message slightly ambiguous and I'm curious.

Thanks all

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Re: CO C&F review complete?

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:57 am

Go to your application account and view your submitted documents - they should all show as "approved", which means you're good.

Arbinshire

New

Post by Arbinshire » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am

In line with the typical bar-taker paranoia, has anyone's C&F been cleared beyond "cleared to sit"?

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:03 pm

I understood it to mean they simply completed the review. I know a number of people got that e-mail much earlier in the summer, so I doubt it means that you "passed." I think it just means they got all of your references hunted down/whatever. I *do* think it means you won't be put on hold for requiring additional documentation.
Arbinshire wrote:In line with the typical bar-taker paranoia, has anyone's C&F been cleared beyond "cleared to sit"?
Do you not show the following (ie: did you receive the e-mail OP is referring to?):

Character & Fitness Review Complete: Yes
The Character and Fitness review of your Colorado bar application is complete. This is a continuing application and you have an obligation to report any changes, in writing, within ten (10) days of occurrence.

ETA: and I base the first part on asking my friend who took Feb w/o C&F issues. He got a "pass" c&f thing later.

Arbinshire

New

Post by Arbinshire » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Exam Status: Cleared to Sit

Character & Fitness Review Complete: No
Your character and fitness review is being processed. Please check your messages to confirm you do not need to provide additional information.
MPRE Complied: Yes

Based upon receipt & confirmation of MPRE Score from NCBE.
Professionalism Course Complied: Yes

That is all I have. I'm starting to get paranoid, e.g., "omg. They skipped my C&F. I failed."

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 pm

That's weird. If everything is checked, then I bet you have an outstanding reference or something. Or they could just be taking a while to update. I wouldn't worry about it at all unless you have C&F issues. Even then, one of my friend's from last year just had to provide more documentation on it. You're fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”