February 2015 Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
minnbills

Gold

Re: February 2015 Bar Exam

Post by minnbills » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

Passed!

Thanks so much for the support everyone!! To those still waiting, hang in there!

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 am

minnbills wrote:Passed!

Thanks so much for the support everyone!! To those still waiting, hang in there!
Yay!!!! Congrats!

MichBar

New

Post by MichBar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:54 am

Congrats, minnbills! Having participated and following this thread I was very certain you were going to pass.

Did you get a scaled MBE score as well, or just passing notification?

Michigan isn't going to release till mid-May. Hate the wait, but like seeing others getting good news.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks! Unfortunately the only info I have is that I got a 286 UBE, no info on the MBE. I'll let you all know right away if they offer any stats.

New

Post by 1234567888 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Congrats! Hope I can join all of you on the pass list in a couple weeks. This wait is getting tougher by the hour.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

frid3v

New

Post by frid3v » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Now you can work at Faegre.

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PWM1824

New

Post by PWM1824 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Others waiting in dread for New York results? :shock:
Last edited by PWM1824 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

underthirty wrote:For those waiting for MA results: based on calculations using past release dates, the results will likely be mailed tomorrow and posted online Thursday. Hope it good news all around!
This makes me kind of nauseous. I'm so afraid I'll open the envelope and see a yellow piece of paper for a second time and that instead of missing by 2 points it'll be by 1 or more :oops:

jmar19

New

Post by jmar19 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

numbertwo88 wrote:
underthirty wrote:For those waiting for MA results: based on calculations using past release dates, the results will likely be mailed tomorrow and posted online Thursday. Hope it good news all around!
This makes me kind of nauseous. I'm so afraid I'll open the envelope and see a yellow piece of paper for a second time and that instead of missing by 2 points it'll be by 1 or more :oops:
I'm also in MA and I am seriously living in complete and utter dread of opening that envelope and seeing yellow again. It's all I keep replaying from last time. I put way more effort in this time and dished out all the money I had for tutoring, etc. and it will completely crush me if I failed again.. and yet I can't help feeling like there's no way I passed. Stupid yellow piece of paper. I have so much anxiety.

New

Post by 1234567888 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:12 pm

jmar19 wrote:
numbertwo88 wrote:
I'm also in MA and I am seriously living in complete and utter dread of opening that envelope and seeing yellow again. It's all I keep replaying from last time. I put way more effort in this time and dished out all the money I had for tutoring, etc. and it will completely crush me if I failed again.. and yet I can't help feeling like there's no way I passed. Stupid yellow piece of paper. I have so much anxiety.
Last edited by 1234567888 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Homiemomma

New

Post by Homiemomma » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 am

YAY!!!! Such a huge accomplishment! Congrats!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HuskyRam

New

Post by HuskyRam » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 am

gonefishing wrote:I've been following this thread for awhile but did not feel like adding anything until now. New Hampshire released its list of passing examinees for the February exam yesterday and I was on it. While I am very pleased that I passed, I am bothered by the fact that only 27 out of 48 examinees passed the exam. That equates to a 56.25 percent pass rate. I won't know my actual scores until next week.

I took (and ultimately passed) an exam which used NCBE materials in another state during July 2011, and I found it much easier than the February 2015 UBE which was administered in New Hampshire.

In particular, it seemed like the MBE was . . . ummm . . .strange. While taking the MBE, I started to feel like the examiners were less interested in broad topical coverage than in-depth knowledge of a few areas within the various testable subjects. I wasn't keeping count, but it seemed like there were a ton of questions on P&S contracts for real property and search warrant exceptions. On the other hand, their were very few questions concerning basic negligence concepts or easements. The only part of the MBE which I felt confident about was Civil Procedure. I found most of those questions to be pretty simple.

As far as the essays go, I can't think of one of them which I would call easy, at least in the sense that it could be answered quickly and without a relatively long rule or analysis discussion. I spent way too long on some of them. Thus, I got to the last essay with about 10 minutes to go. My experience during the exam I took during the summer of 2011 was different--two or three of the essays seemed straightforward and easy to get through, while the remainder were harder.

I did not finish the second MPT I worked on, albeit by only a closing sentence or two. I must've made up for it somewhere else in the test. Given the lengthy fact section/library in one of the MPTs, I'm sure the MPT as a whole was a challenge for anyone like me who is a slow writer.

Anyways, I walked out of the exam feeling pretty bad. When I told friends and colleagues that I thought it had been a particularly difficult test, the response I got was usually something like "everyone says that." But, given that only 56.25 percent of the examinees passed, I think my original impression was correct.

What this all boils down to is that anyone who did not pass has nothing to feel ashamed about. I know that is little comfort to anyone who is in that boat, but it's the best I can do. Any test administered to 48 qualified, highly-educated professionals with a 56.25 percent pass rate was a difficult test.
I know exactly how you feel! First off congratulations to you. I also took the NH bar this February (got my actual UBE score today-324). I too felt like the MBE was a little odd, I know I did not feel strongly when leaving that room.

But you are right it must have been a difficult test that the pass rate wasn't exactly stellar.

gonefishing

New

Post by gonefishing » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 am

[/quote] I know exactly how you feel! First off congratulations to you. I also took the NH bar this February (got my actual UBE score today-324). I too felt like the MBE was a little odd, I know I did not feel strongly when leaving that room.

But you are right it must have been a difficult test that the pass rate wasn't exactly stellar.[/quote]

Congrats! Given how crappy I felt when I finished the exam, I was surprised at my UBE score (321). My gut feeling is I probably had better than average luck with my many guesses on the MBE. I know for certain there was one essay I totally screwed up and, as mentioned above, I did not finish one of the MPTs by a few sentences.

frid3v

New

Post by frid3v » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:40 pm

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills just sitting here waiting for results, analyzing everything I got wrong lol

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 pm

I just...can't.....stand this.

When I took MD in July, I thought it was awful that they give you the exact date and time that results are getting released. Maybe its a grass is greener thing, but I think this is worse.

Now that I've learned that NY results came out April 24th last year, I'm convinced we're getting results this week. Convinced. And it casts this pall over everything I do, every second of every day. I had the WORST day at work today, and got in a stupid conflict with a coworker that I didn't mean to get into, and a huge part of it is just my stress level, which is through the roof because of this waiting game.

I'm not writing this for sympathy, just to vent and commiserate. I know you are all feeling the same thing. The implications for this are so huge....and yes, I know, "its just a test," but its also a job, a lease, a quarter million dollars of debt, and the entire trajectory of my career. I'm just not even sure how to deal with all the pressure at this point, even though I logically know I have zero control over it.

This. Just. Sucks. I am having the absolute worst day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

L’Étranger

Bronze

Post by L’Étranger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:14 pm

cooperlaserpup wrote:I just...can't.....stand this.

When I took MD in July, I thought it was awful that they give you the exact date and time that results are getting released. Maybe its a grass is greener thing, but I think this is worse.

Now that I've learned that NY results came out April 24th last year, I'm convinced we're getting results this week. Convinced. And it casts this pall over everything I do, every second of every day. I had the WORST day at work today, and got in a stupid conflict with a coworker that I didn't mean to get into, and a huge part of it is just my stress level, which is through the roof because of this waiting game.

I'm not writing this for sympathy, just to vent and commiserate. I know you are all feeling the same thing. The implications for this are so huge....and yes, I know, "its just a test," but its also a job, a lease, a quarter million dollars of debt, and the entire trajectory of my career. I'm just not even sure how to deal with all the pressure at this point, even though I logically know I have zero control over it.

Feel your pain.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Oh that was me yesterday. I was subpoenaed as a witness from a notary act I perfomed in 2006. The lawyer who did it was just being a bloody cow and wouldn't let me off even when it became moot to have me there all day. I was very close to having an ESPN Britt McHenry moment.

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:42 pm

gaagoots wrote:

bahaha. thanks for the laugh.

Oh that was me yesterday. I was subpoenaed as a witness from a notary act I perfomed in 2006. The lawyer who did it was just being a bloody cow and wouldn't let me off even when it became moot to have me there all day. I was very close to having an ESPN Britt McHenry moment.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Does anyone have info on what the curve was like for the MBE? I'm just curious.

I also still don't believe I did slightly better on the MPTs/MEEs than MBE when I completely made up 2 essays. ("This is about secured transactions. Ummm...fixture and perfection are words I'm supposed to use here.") I guess it's because the MPT counts as 20% here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chessiesmile

New

Post by Chessiesmile » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am

any of you guys who remember long stretches of A's, D's, etc. on the MBE end up passing?

NickM54

New

Post by NickM54 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:15 am

Yes. In FL, I had a long stretch of D's and a few packs of A's on there somewhere. I passed with a little room to spare.

Chessiesmile

New

Post by Chessiesmile » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:23 am

NickM54 wrote:Yes. In FL, I had a long stretch of D's and a few packs of A's on there somewhere. I passed with a little room to spare.
Thanks for keeping hope alive over here man

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”