February 2015 Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gonefishing

New

Re: February 2015 Bar Exam

Post by gonefishing » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:50 pm

MichBar wrote:I failed the MPRE the first time as a 2L due to not really studying and just assuming my ethics class was going to put me over the top.

I got a 67.

The second time around I over-studied for a month to make sure that wouldn't happen again and got a 113.

Same story here. The second time around, I created a bunch of flashcards using an MPRE Study Guide from Ameribar and it helped a ton.

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Pressenda wrote:Is anyone else waiting for the NV bar results? 9 more days!!
Yup. Failed by 1.6 points in July. I am praying that I made the cut this time.

Cheburashka

New

Post by Cheburashka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:58 pm

What did you NV peeps think of the essays and MPT?

Pressenda

New

Post by Pressenda » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:14 pm

I honestly don't remember much...it was a blur. I was sick the entire time and was on Benadryl. From what I do remember, the MPT was not terrible, but I definitely made up a lot of stuff on the essays. I'm pretty much sure I failed.

stendhal

New

Post by stendhal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 am

Does anyone know what the standard deviation for the mbe was this time around? I know the mean was 136.2 but I want to calculate the percentile of my score to try to get a better idea of whether I'm going to pass the other state I took. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Cheburashka wrote:What did you NV peeps think of the essays and MPT?
I felt good about most except for the Corporations question, which tested an issue I didn't expect to come up. I wrote down what I remembered, but when I came home I realized I was wrong about some stuff. Also, I changed my answer last minute on question 1 and ran out of time so I didn't conclude on one issue in question 1 on that essay. I'm hoping that everybody found that question hard. Also, the Con law question, the second question of it, I just came up with any issues that I thought could be relevant because the fact pattern was kind of weird.

I feel best about the DR/CP, K, Crim pro, and Wills essays.

The last day, I thought the Real property question was pretty hard, but I did write a lot and that was my best subject in law school and my highest scoring essay in July.

I thought I did fairly well on the MPT.

God I hope I pass.

You?

Cheburashka

New

Post by Cheburashka » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:29 pm

nvbar2015 wrote:
I felt good about most except for the Corporations question, which tested an issue I didn't expect to come up. I wrote down what I remembered, but when I came home I realized I was wrong about some stuff. Also, I changed my answer last minute on question 1 and ran out of time so I didn't conclude on one issue in question 1 on that essay. I'm hoping that everybody found that question hard. Also, the Con law question, the second question of it, I just came up with any issues that I thought could be relevant because the fact pattern was kind of weird.

The last day, I thought the Real property question was pretty hard, but I did write a lot and that was my best subject in law school and my highest scoring essay in July.

God I hope I pass.

You?

I feel exactly the same about all the essays actually. The MPT seemed too easy, which worries me a bit. I'm so glad wills was the first one, it put me in a great mood. Then it was all kind of downhill from there.

I didn't study domestic relations enough, unfortunately, but hopefully I'll get by with the vague public policy factors I spewed out.

I forgot we even had a crim pro question. Something about a car arrest?

The corporations essay.....Do they ever throw essays out, because that entire question was just ridiculous. I know I got most of it wrong, because I just wasn't expecting mergers question. I think our bar prep guy actually said, "they never test mergers, so don't waste your time." :roll:

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Cheburashka wrote:
nvbar2015 wrote:

God I hope I pass.

You?

I feel exactly the same about all the essays actually. The MPT seemed too easy, which worries me a bit. I'm so glad wills was the first one, it put me in a great mood. Then it was all kind of downhill from there.

I didn't study domestic relations enough, unfortunately, but hopefully I'll get by with the vague public policy factors I spewed out.

I forgot we even had a crim pro question. Something about a car arrest?

Yup

The corporations essay.....Do they ever throw essays out, because that entire question was just ridiculous. I know I got most of it wrong, because I just wasn't expecting mergers question. I think our bar prep guy actually said, "they never test mergers, so don't waste your time." :roll:
I feel the same way about the MPT. But then again, I practiced many of them.

I'm hoping that everybody bombed the corporations essay. In the Barbri materials, mergers is basically about 1 page. I kind of expected corporations but I was expecting shareholder derivative suits or director/officer liability.

baratemylife

New

Post by baratemylife » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Posting to hopefully relieve some worry. I'm typically a pretty calm person but the anxiety from waiting on these results was damn near paralyzing. Didn't want to go out and see people because when they inevitably asked whether scores had come back my stomach would knot up and I'd get so tight that it was hard to carry on even a simple conversation. During that awful waiting period some of the posts on TLS were comforting.

Here's my story. Took the Alabama bar in Feb. Thought I failed. Couldn't sleep either night and taking sleeping pills didn't help. Had to drink a ton of coffee to compensate so had to leave and go pee several times during each portion of the test and lost precious time. I barely got to one of the two MPTs. Had 45 minutes left and basically threw together a skeleton answer, part of which was bullet points. Basically the same story on the essays. Left one totally blank except for a few words of an intro sentence, and another essay I had to bullet point half of.

The MBE was a mind rape. Most of the questions seemed to test nuances of subjects that I felt I had not scene in BarBri. Narrowing down to 2 and trying to guess and move on on most all of the questions was super exhausting. I knew I needed a good MBE score to carry me and was banking on it because I was scoring well on BarBri: 70-75%, 143 raw on the simulated final. But walking out of the MBE I had NO IDEA how I did and thought I could have easily made in the 120s.

Well, I finally got my results today and I passed. They didn't give us our scores but I sent off for them through NCBE. I'm relieved to say the least. I hope this post gives some people some relief in that you can feel like you totally screwed up and still pass. I will try to remember to repost my scores once I receive them.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting and sincere condolences to anybody who got bad news. It could happen to anyone. For all those still waiting, maybe my story is anecdotal evidence that you most likely passed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TxBarTaker09

Bronze

Post by TxBarTaker09 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 am

How I'm feeling this morning:

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Fri May 01, 2015 5:15 pm

x
Last edited by TheFutureLawyer on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Fri May 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichBar

New

Post by MichBar » Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Passed Michigan. They just released passing by seat number so no actual scores yet, but I now know the euphoric/relieved/numb/I'm-So-Glad-I'm-Done-With-This-Crap feeling that others have experienced feels like.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue May 05, 2015 9:47 pm

MichBar wrote:Passed Michigan. They just released passing by seat number so no actual scores yet, but I now know the euphoric/relieved/numb/I'm-So-Glad-I'm-Done-With-This-Crap feeling that others have experienced feels like.
Congrats!

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:55 am

MichBar wrote:Passed Michigan. They just released passing by seat number so no actual scores yet, but I now know the euphoric/relieved/numb/I'm-So-Glad-I'm-Done-With-This-Crap feeling that others have experienced feels like.
congratulations!

Pressenda

New

Post by Pressenda » Wed May 06, 2015 6:16 pm

I PASSED THE NEVADA BAR EXAM!!!! WOOHOOOO!!! omg, the relief is real. I was really expecting to fail, especially since I worked full time about 60 hrs a week and didn't take any time off before the bar AND was sick during the exam. Good luck to those still waiting!!

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Pressenda wrote:I PASSED THE NEVADA BAR EXAM!!!! WOOHOOOO!!! omg, the relief is real. I was really expecting to fail, especially since I worked full time about 60 hrs a week and didn't take any time off before the bar AND was sick during the exam. Good luck to those still waiting!!
ME TOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pressenda

New

Post by Pressenda » Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

nvbar2015 wrote:
Pressenda wrote:I PASSED THE NEVADA BAR EXAM!!!! WOOHOOOO!!! omg, the relief is real. I was really expecting to fail, especially since I worked full time about 60 hrs a week and didn't take any time off before the bar AND was sick during the exam. Good luck to those still waiting!!
ME TOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

baratemylife

New

Post by baratemylife » Wed May 06, 2015 9:20 pm

baratemylife wrote:Posting to hopefully relieve some worry. I'm typically a pretty calm person but the anxiety from waiting on these results was damn near paralyzing. Didn't want to go out and see people because when they inevitably asked whether scores had come back my stomach would knot up and I'd get so tight that it was hard to carry on even a simple conversation. During that awful waiting period some of the posts on TLS were comforting.

Here's my story. Took the Alabama bar in Feb. Thought I failed. Couldn't sleep either night and taking sleeping pills didn't help. Had to drink a ton of coffee to compensate so had to leave and go pee several times during each portion of the test and lost precious time. I barely got to one of the two MPTs. Had 45 minutes left and basically threw together a skeleton answer, part of which was bullet points. Basically the same story on the essays. Left one totally blank except for a few words of an intro sentence, and another essay I had to bullet point half of.

The MBE was a mind rape. Most of the questions seemed to test nuances of subjects that I felt I had not scene in BarBri. Narrowing down to 2 and trying to guess and move on on most all of the questions was super exhausting. I knew I needed a good MBE score to carry me and was banking on it because I was scoring well on BarBri: 70-75%, 143 raw on the simulated final. But walking out of the MBE I had NO IDEA how I did and thought I could have easily made in the 120s.

Well, I finally got my results today and I passed. They didn't give us our scores but I sent off for them through NCBE. I'm relieved to say the least. I hope this post gives some people some relief in that you can feel like you totally screwed up and still pass. I will try to remember to repost my scores once I receive them.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting and sincere condolences to anybody who got bad news. It could happen to anyone. For all those still waiting, maybe my story is anecdotal evidence that you most likely passed.
Update: paid the ncbe $25 to get my scores

mbe: 171.3

essay/MPTs: 145.6

Passed with a ridiculously large margin.

Cheburashka

New

Post by Cheburashka » Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Also passed the NV bar. CONGRATS GUYS!

Pressenda

New

Post by Pressenda » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Cheburashka wrote:Also passed the NV bar. CONGRATS GUYS!

Congratulations!! Does NV not tell us our MBE scaled scores?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cheburashka

New

Post by Cheburashka » Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Pressenda wrote:

I emailed and they sent me mine, but they didn't state whether it was scaled or raw.

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Pressenda wrote:

It's in the packet they send you in the mail.

Pressenda

New

Post by Pressenda » Sat May 09, 2015 11:06 pm

nvbar2015 wrote:
Pressenda wrote:

It's in the packet they send you in the mail.

Weird. My MBE score wasn't in the packet they sent me. I'll just have to email them. Thanks!

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Did Courtneyelizabeth pass? I was rooting for her.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”